NAF response to possible BB2 rule changes

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NAF response to possible BB2 rule changes

Post by harvestmouse »

Ok so..................let's say they pick up CRP, and make the changes and officially host it. No mention that this is for BB2 only, no change in rules title (oh maybe CRP 2) What does that mean? That's the official rules pack?

Reason: ''
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

harvestmouse wrote:Ok so..................let's say they pick up CRP, and make the changes and officially host it. No mention that this is for BB2 only, no change in rules title (oh maybe CRP 2) What does that mean? That's the official rules pack?
I really don't know why people care so much about the 'official' rules. What have GW done for us lately?

If you play NAF events 'official' is whatever the NAF say it is. If not, it is whatever your commish says it is.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

koadah wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:Ok so..................let's say they pick up CRP, and make the changes and officially host it. No mention that this is for BB2 only, no change in rules title (oh maybe CRP 2) What does that mean? That's the official rules pack?
I really don't know why people care so much about the 'official' rules. What have GW done for us lately?

If you play NAF events 'official' is whatever the NAF say it is. If not, it is whatever your commish says it is.
Yet they do. You are on the most liberal side of 'house ruling'. Me, personally I guess I'm somewhere out there too. However you know if that document appears official it's going to cause issues.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

koadah wrote:I really don't know why people care so much about the 'official' rules.
I do care about official rules because I need a standard that I can rely on.
People who learned playing BB with BB2 and decide to go TT will always have trouble, because they play the game "the other way", know what I mean?
There has to be one set of rules that are official, otherwise you will get a 300 pages rulebook before every tourney to clarify which rules are asumed official in this one. (Yes that's exaggerating but you get my point.)

Think about the soccer world cup.
Every country sends their team but every country has their own set of rules.
Some use smaller goals, others allow 12 player and so on.
Could you have a world cup if you hadn't official rules?

That is why I care about official rules.
Got nothing to do woth GW and what they "did for us".
And I am not happy with random and unnecessary rule changes made by a bunch of french nutjobs who don't seem to have any heart for the game.
The changes, in my opinion, have just been made to make a difference to BB1, that's all.

What's next?
A chess program that uses 2 Queens? Just to add something new?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

It all rather depends on what they call the document, I suspect. If it's called "LRB7", "Blood Bowl, the 2015 ruleset" or somesuch and is a complete standalone rulebook then I think it will cause far more problems than if it is called something like "Addendum to CRP/LRB6 for use with Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2". Wait and see would, I think, be appropriate for the moment.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

dode74 wrote:It all rather depends on what they call the document, I suspect. If it's called "LRB7", "Blood Bowl, the 2015 ruleset" or somesuch and is a complete standalone rulebook then I think it will cause far more problems than if it is called something like "Addendum to CRP/LRB6 for use with Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2". Wait and see would, I think, be appropriate for the moment.
But speculation is so much more fun!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

My vote would be for "Human Rights Act +". I fully expect governments all over the world to get mightily confused.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

mepmuff wrote:My vote would be for "Human Rights Act +". I fully expect governments all over the world to get mightily confused.
I'd gladly call it that if they've nerfed CPOMB ;)

TBH, given their f-ck-up with their online guide I'll be surprised if they manage to actually write down what is implemented in their own game correctly.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Wait, you're allowed to make fun of Cyanide??? :wink:

But I agree that we ought to hold off on the outrage and panic until at least there's an actual document to get outraged over or panic about :lol:

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

This thread is not the place for sensible comments, please reconsider your actions. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Joemanji wrote:This thread is not the place for sensible comments, please reconsider your actions. :wink:
My apologies.

>ahem<

What's this?? Cyanide is trying to take over Blood Bowl!!! Will we stand for them forcing their AV8 catchers and their Brettonians down the throats of defenseless tabletop players?? NEVER! I say we show them we mean business!! And burn an effigy of a Khorne Pit Fighter on a pile of BB2 covers outside the World Cup!!! SIC SEMPER TYRANIS!!!!

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

When I posted the original comment, it appeared I was behind the times and there might be some clarity on the issue. As it turns out I'm not and nobody (including Cyanide probably) is any the wiser.

So no attempts by me to start fires.

Regash

Post by Regash »

rolo wrote:But I agree that we ought to hold off on the outrage and panic until at least there's an actual document to get outraged over or panic about :lol:
With the game now being a month old and the document not existing yet...
You also still believe in father christmas, don't you? :wink:

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

Regash wrote:
rolo wrote:But I agree that we ought to hold off on the outrage and panic until at least there's an actual document to get outraged over or panic about :lol:
With the game now being a month old and the document not existing yet...
You also still believe in father christmas, don't you? :wink:
My point is, Chaos Edition has been out for years and there's still no rulebook .pdf with the Khorne roster.

So let's not get all worked up over a hypothetical rulebook which doesn't yet exist and may never exist :)

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Regash wrote:
koadah wrote:I really don't know why people care so much about the 'official' rules.
I do care about official rules because I need a standard that I can rely on.
People who learned playing BB with BB2 and decide to go TT will always have trouble, because they play the game "the other way", know what I mean?
There has to be one set of rules that are official, otherwise you will get a 300 pages rulebook before every tourney to clarify which rules are asumed official in this one. (Yes that's exaggerating but you get my point.)

Think about the soccer world cup.
Every country sends their team but every country has their own set of rules.
Some use smaller goals, others allow 12 player and so on.
Could you have a world cup if you hadn't official rules?

That is why I care about official rules.
Got nothing to do woth GW and what they "did for us".
And I am not happy with random and unnecessary rule changes made by a bunch of french nutjobs who don't seem to have any heart for the game.
The changes, in my opinion, have just been made to make a difference to BB1, that's all.

What's next?
A chess program that uses 2 Queens? Just to add something new?
For people who are going to play the 'official' rules then it is better to have a document that is just 'changes from the board game'. For people who are not going to play the 'official' rules they don't need to know them. They are better off with a document with just the Cyanide rules.

I usually don't play the 'official' rules. I don't find it that big a problem to switch back. For resurrection tournaments are the core rules much different? Is there anything other than roster changes?

You don't need a 300 page rulebook. Where did you get that from? People would just the CRP and the Cyanide differences from CRP.

Sure, some people may be put off table top because it still uses the 'old' rules. I think that most could handle it and people who never play Cyanide can carry on as before.

The soccer world cup is similar to the blood bowl world cup. If you want to play you get hold of the rules before you go. I used to fight martial arts tournaments. Rules would be different depending on the association that was running the tournament. People can handle it if they want to.

Cyanide are going to change the rules. Their users have been crying out for a document. The same issues will exist to a greater or lesser extent whatever they call the document or whatever form it takes.