Amendment to NAF structure

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Amendment to NAF structure

Post by sann0638 »

Voting open this week on an amendment to the NAF structure (elected League Director): http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name ... pic&t=6551

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Amendment to NAF structure

Post by Gaixo »

I wish those voting "No" had stated their issues.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Done.
Joemanji wrote:I voted "No" as I do not see a need for an Administration Level League Director. The NAF can potentially offer plenty of support for leagues in the way of software and resources, but I cannot see very many decisions that need voting rights at committee level. Leagues are all very individual and autonomous and realistically I don't see how the NAF has any business poking our noses into them. The best thing the NAF could do for leagues is to add fancy league management software to the website that also allows people to easily find the league nearest to them. But this isn't really a Director-level task, it is a project.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Thanks for the response.

(Though I do disagree. I think the league program needs a constant advocate, as evidenced by the lack of progress in developing league tools.)

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

I voted "no" and I've just stated my issues on the NAF forum.

I'm happy to do this, but to ask people who vote one way to explain their decision is fundamentally disagreeable to me. If you want people that vote "no" to explain their choice, then people that vote "yes" should also be asked to detail their reasons to ensure that they are not just voting because the wording on the vote implies that you need to vote that way. If there was more clarity as to the NAF's strategy where leagues (or BB in general) are concerned then you wouldn't need to ask people's opinions and reasons. The debate should be had before the vote not during.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Aww, I didn't mean to sound as though I'm challenging you guys. I'm really interested in the dissenting view on the subject.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

That's ok Gaixo, no offence taken.

I'm happy to debate against the change but I've not seen an argument for the change yet. If I'm honest a broader review of Article III may be needed to reflect the environment that the NAF operates in today.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Err I don't understand, so I just rolled a dice 1-3 vote yes 4,5 or 6 vote no lol only joking I didn't vote. But I could and im not sure that is a good thing, I mean I have no idea which to vote for and what difference it would make either way. I'm sure there must be others like that.

Many hands make light the work

Or

Too many hands spoil the broth

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Maybe I should have locked this one so that the conversation took place on the NAF site. Same people posting in both places.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I voted no because I'd like to see the NAF progress on the many things promised in the past (improved website for example) before taking on any more work (even if it is a new person doing so).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.