NAF Data for Number-Crunchers

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: NAF Data for Number-Crunchers

Post by Darkson »

Don't forget that Slann, Underworld and Pact came later to the table (as did some other races to a lesser extent). For example, I (iirc) was the first to play a ranked game with Underworld, by which time I'd already played 99 games, so the experience stat will be a bit skewed as I (and others) physically couldn't play the team any earlier in our "career".

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Here’s a look at the most prolific coaches over2013/14, and where they played their games. The Italian triumvirate of Rolex, Spartako and Phoenix11 are the iron men of European Blood Bowl with France’s Simon_MLF narrowly missing the podium. D_Arquebus (Hutchie to us) proves that if you have the dollars and don’t mind flying you can match Europeans in terms of game numbers. Given the geographic disadvantage us outlanders face it is an impressive effort. I had a legend, but it made the pic too big to post, sorry.

I’ll put up some Win% numbers soon. Pippy, Harti, Purplegoo, Spartako (224 games @ 71% is very, very good) Joemanji and some others can argue who’s the best in the world.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

And here’s the Win% of coaches playing non-Stunty teams. It’s the top 50 by number of games played, so if you played less than a 110 games or so you won’t be on here. A notable exception is Itchen, who has a tremendous record when he isn’t wasting his time with gimp rosters. And kudos to Gninocker a true fan of the game. Lastly, I can’t feel too bad when I lose to Hutchie or Gnome because I know they are f’in good players.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Fassbinder75 wrote:Here’s a look at the most prolific coaches over2013/14, and where they played their games. The Italian triumvirate of Rolex, Spartako and Phoenix11 are the iron men of European Blood Bowl with France’s Simon_MLF narrowly missing the podium. D_Arquebus (Hutchie to us) proves that if you have the dollars and don’t mind flying you can match Europeans in terms of game numbers. Given the geographic disadvantage us outlanders face it is an impressive effort. I had a legend, but it made the pic too big to post, sorry.

I’ll put up some Win% numbers soon. Pippy, Harti, Purplegoo, Spartako (224 games @ 71% is very, very good) Joemanji and some others can argue who’s the best in the world.

The truth is... I am Iron Man. :lol:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Rolex wrote: The truth is... I am Iron Man. :lol:
Seems legit ;)
Meet the real Iron Man

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

nice statistic fassbinder!
that got me inspired.
I wanted to know how many players played what number of games.
single graph is not really readable so did also some grouping.
well people like rolex surely are exceptional.
most of the naf members played only 1-10 games, so attending I guess 1-2 tournaments per year ...
single.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

and grouped
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Nice work Oventa, I was just discussing a way with my friend to evaluate how 'hardcore' each country's blood bowl community is. I see you are thinking the same thing.

Sann/Mike - do you have numbers going back further than 2013? I want more! Particularly the WC in Amsterdam, because I want to measure Aussie/NZ coaches vs the rest of the world.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Will ask val to download the data.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

Fassbinder75 wrote:Nice work Oventa, I was just discussing a way with my friend to evaluate how 'hardcore' each country's blood bowl community is. I see you are thinking the same thing.
Well my previous stat in that thread tried to do that.
Number of games played in a nation in relation to active naf members.
Better of course would be to use number of games of coaches from that nation.
But this is not in the table and also in general the nation entry for each member in the database is not 100%.
But if we had that, then this would be of course better than my previous try.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I used the nationality of each coach previously, and there was lots if scepticism about any conclusions drawn from that data as it was inaccurate.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

sann0638 wrote:I used the nationality of each coach previously, and there was lots if scepticism about any conclusions drawn from that data as it was inaccurate.
If you're not explicitly asking, I'd say that's the way to go. For example, I have no idea where Kwek's from.

Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

What do you mean by hardcore?

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Wulfyn wrote:What do you mean by hardcore?
Looking at coaches on x, number of games on y, I'd expect there to be a steep curve with a more hardcore (play lots of games) with fewer casual players. Compare the US/Canada games vs the AU/NZ ones, its a good example.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
sann0638 wrote:I used the nationality of each coach previously, and there was lots if scepticism about any conclusions drawn from that data as it was inaccurate.
If you're not explicitly asking, I'd say that's the way to go. For example, I have no idea where Kwek's from.
Belgium.
A tiny country between france, UK and germany :)