NAF Newsletter Ideas and Feedback

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

NAF Newsletter Ideas and Feedback

Post by sann0638 »

The NAF produces a (vaguely) monthly newsletters about all things to do with tabletop Blood Bowl.

Up until August this was found on nafnewsletter.com, and that page contains an archive of everything up to that point, and since then all the content can be found on thenaf.net.

If you have any ideas for content or feedback on previous content, pop it on here.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Newsletter Ideas and Feedback

Post by JaM »

Dont know if it can be done, but..

I've always liked the simple teamcolours in the BB-box. I also like tuts like this one (by Norse: http://www.impactminiatures.com/Gallery ... gGuide.pdf).

Sites like CMON can make a mediocre painter like me (and, compared to CMON, the rest of us) kinda depressed.

So, if it's possible, a small tutorial of a sideline figure, or (like those plastic teams), on simple figures would make me read that, too.

I am not sure if that's the aim for the newsletter, I mean there are (maybe) enough tutorials out there,..? But it could be used by a painter to promote his own gallery/webshop, or to show off a team or two.
Provided of course that the tutorial is decently written and not too complicated, yet exciting enough to try something new. I dont really care about the reflection of the colour of the eyes on a model, I want to have a decently painted model in a relatively short term.

But even a 'big' tutorial could provide that, you can always decide to skip a step or two. e.g.: http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.c ... 005_A.html and others on that page.

Hey, it's just an idea. :) It would certainly make me open the newsletter more than once.

Cheers,

JaM

Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

I would like to see a monthly update from the president in the NAF email. Fan submitted content is great but on it's own this is not enough. It would be nice to also have the notes from any NAF committee meetings edited and published in the newsletter too, maybe as part of the President's update.

Geocaching - The most fun you can have with a smartphone and a pencil
First official recipient of 'The Glowworm Award'
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good ideas - if anyone knows where simple tutorials can be found, that would be easiest. Will try tapping some people up though.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

sann0638 wrote:Good ideas - if anyone knows where simple tutorials can be found, that would be easiest. Will try tapping some people up though.
I could be persuaded to try a quick painting tutorial...

Geocaching - The most fun you can have with a smartphone and a pencil
First official recipient of 'The Glowworm Award'
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Cool, doesn't need to be on the NAF site, though could be. If you did one on your blog, could link to that.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler