Post by Grumbledook »

check the forum on the NAF site

Reason: ''
Cantatta
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Want to join the NAF?

Post by Cantatta »

Thanks, I did just that! Hope to hear something soon.

Kwakkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kwakkie »

For me it wasn't about the dice. I joined, payed and never got access to their forums. That's why I filed a PayPal claim. One would think that after a month they'd at least allow you access to their forum or send a mail confirming you're registered.

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Cantatta, I have your PM

Kwakkie: I have no idea why you had trouble. Everything was in place, you had a membership email sent to you from our site the moment you payed.
You were, as you have raised, a little unfortunate in that the mail you sent us went to the spam box and as I explained to you, I just happened to check it before emptying it, and saw the title of your email - realised it wasnt spam and thus asked if I could help. We cannot do much more!!

TFF mod team
Kwakkie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kwakkie »

Lycos wrote:Kwakkie: I have no idea why you had trouble. Everything was in place, you had a membership email sent to you from our site the moment you payed.
Nope, never received one. Checked my spam folders. That's why I send all those mails at that time. I didn't receive my code. Either way after a few days after paying the website was gone. Even got no reaction on the PayPal claim. So I felled scammed.

Now I know you didn't receive any of my mails, not even the one from PayPal, but it doesn't change the feeling.

sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Hi, still is not ready the button for joining NAF? I send the data for a friend that wanted to join a month ago or more aproximately, and got no answer after lycos tell me it will be ready on a week aproximately

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

we are currently in the first and very early stages of designing a new(ish) website, all should be better then

sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Ok, i will wait till then :D Thanks for the fast answer

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Dave is correct that we have started the long term solution for many things the community wanted from the NAF.

However, that in truth is not the full story as to why in the short term it is disabled for new sign ups. The full story is hideously long and complicated involving PayPal and our new site address but as it has taken so long, we have a work around. I did about 30 or so the other night and I am working through the emails we have so we will be replying with what you need to do.

This is not something we can just farm out to general staff though because for obvious security reasons, we can only allow PP access to just a few key staff. It is not that complicated for you the joining member, the work is on our side as we have to manually do a series of processes that is normally automated. And soon will be - when they blasted well get on and do we have asked them to!!! (Dont know if I should put a :pissed: or an :D for PP but they will get around to it and save us the grief)
Dave
(yes, another one)

TFF mod team
coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

I payed 2009-05-07 and had not as of yet got anything in my mailbox dicevice or othervice. I joined mostly because I want to support NAF´s work. I do not have travel distance to any sanctioned tournaments but this wasnt something that bothered me as long as I got some groovy dice. My fault is probably that I have not made a fuss or spammed I.ex Lycos about this. My question to whoever knows something about the dice shipping is: can I still get my dice?

Best Regards

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

I probably should have read this first. I renewed my membership using the paypal link. Sorry.
However, I was very surprised to see an Excel file with BB mini list still in the downloads file. That takes me back to when I had a lot more free time. :lol:

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

coma wrote:I payed 2009-05-07 and had not as of yet got anything in my mailbox dicevice or othervice. I joined mostly because I want to support NAF´s work. I do not have travel distance to any sanctioned tournaments but this wasnt something that bothered me as long as I got some groovy dice. My fault is probably that I have not made a fuss or spammed I.ex Lycos about this. My question to whoever knows something about the dice shipping is: can I still get my dice?

Best Regards
Ah! Glad to have found you!!
Your pack got returned to me. I have sent emails to the address in the site. I dont speak Swedish but it says "Adressaten ar Kand" stamped on the back..... somewhere in Sundsvall? Anyway.... PM your correct details and email.... I will stick this pack inside another envelope and you can see the post mark 28 May 09....
Dave

TFF mod team
zerak
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zerak »

Lycos wrote: Ah! Glad to have found you!!
Your pack got returned to me. I have sent emails to the address in the site. I dont speak Swedish but it says "Adressaten ar Kand" stamped on the back..... somewhere in Sundsvall? Anyway.... PM your correct details and email.... I will stick this pack inside another envelope and you can see the post mark 28 May 09....
Dave
"Adressaten är Okänd" means Address/Person at address unkown.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
I've not lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere!
coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

This was my own doing. I hadnt properly filled out my info on the NAF site so no wonder the package bounced. Im just going to put on my silly hat and go sit down in a corner until I get my new shiny awesome dice :)

Duce
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duce »

Just wondering how the signup process has come along since the last messge as I sent off an email asking to join up.

Northern Ireland Blood Bowl Experience - NIBBLE
http://nibble.playsboard.com/forum.htm