News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

Post by straume »

Hi.

Wouldn`t the problem with this be that the Bloodletters would be ignored on the roster? Loner and No G-access? Why play with these turnovermachine at all? I assume the leaguebuild would be to guardspam the rest of the guys.

Reason: ''
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Linemen I'm fine with. I'd prefer a better name though. Lineman suggests to me organised and sophisticated, and Khorne are far from that.

Khorngor I think is on the heavy side skillwise (when you look at beastmen and pestigors), but yup also I'm fine with them.

BloodLetters I don't think will work as Straume. MB is extremely powerful as a starter, Loner extremely crippling. I think dice would have too much of a say with these guys. I'd bring them back to somewhere nearer what they were. Drop the MB and Loner/Give them back either/or/both Juggernaut and Horns. S only access is an option. However with across the board frenzy, I'm not sure it's necessary to tone these guys.

There's room for tinkering with them guys though.

Herald. Yup again, I'm fine with the stats. As a change I'd like to try something different than the usual WA/Frenzy combo. However these guys do cry out WA/Frenzy. I wouldn't use a Herald as the big guy though. They aren't really big guy size. I'm sure there's something more appropriate that could be the big guy.

A quick look shows Exalted Demons of Khorne or Demon Princes of Khorne look just right. Greater Demon suggests the Thirster I guess. Khorne Demon or Demon of Khorne or even something new maybe. Blood Demon of Khorne....Khorne blood demon. Something that's a little ambiguous but has that Balrog look about it maybe....

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

How much would this Blood letters cost?

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Just seen a thread on this....

I must say I think for the good of the game the NAF should allow the PC game extra teams to be played. Considering GW own the rights of the game and therefore in a roundabouts way they let them in, I see no reason not to allow an official team.

Players might not know the rules but really I think the loyal players can pick up a new team without any real trouble, so I view this only as being biased against a community which is a bit silly in my opinion. Probably bretts will follow suit and really were made by this community

...the pope said to his aid...
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'm not sure I understood your point, it wasn't very concise. Do you mean people that are anti Khorne and Bret are in truth anti Cyanide?

If so, this really isn't the case. I was pretty excited by the idea of them releasing new rosters. The fact they had no idea what they were doing and that the roster was severely handcuffed changed my excitement to dismay.

This has nothing to do with Cyanide or their policy. I wish them well.

It has all to do with not over describing positionals just to make them interesting and wrongly describing creatures that have set credentials.

If NAF decide to take up this role of being the lead on what is and what isn't canon, then I hope they do it responsibly and keep the universe fluff relevant.

Decker_cky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Decker_cky »

I think they should be brought in. The most important thing for the tabletop game is players. That means making it as seamless as possible for Cyanide players (eg, the biggest source of new gamers) to play the tabletop game.

Unless you can get Cyanide on-board with a roster change, the only way to make that seamless transition is to keep bring in some of the key elements of the Cyanide games. If there were an actual gameplay issue with the teams, that's one thing, but fluff is and always has been malleable.

Khorne are a balanced slightly below-par team, and I'd be shocked if Bretonnians were much better.

I don't even think there needs to be a true decision to implement them. Just acknowledge them as experimental rosters on a document like the Pact, Underworld and Slann got.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Those three teams were ratified by the full BBRC. That is not true of Khorne, and even less true of the Bretonnians.

Should we also get rid of Pact and Slann so as to remove a few more seams? Get rid of cards? Make it so you don't have to declare passes or hand-offs? My league has several coaches who began on Cyanide, and all of those things have been slightly difficult for them to become used to.

How about Cyanide comes in line with tabletop/FUMBBL/PBEM/etc. instead?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gaixo wrote:How about Cyanide comes in line with tabletop/FUMBBL/PBEM/etc. instead?
This.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:
Gaixo wrote:How about Cyanide comes in line with tabletop/FUMBBL/PBEM/etc. instead?
This.
Yep.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Darkson wrote:
This.
+100 on that.

Say no to Khorne!

;)

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just played Khorne at a tournament this weekend - fun times! 25 races played!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Haters gonna hate

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

sann0638 wrote:Just played Khorne at a tournament this weekend - fun times! 25 races played!
And the world didn't burn to the ground??? The sea's didn't boil??? The first born of the noble families weren't whisked from their beds?????

Wow - guess they're ok then ;)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

CharlieBanks wrote:
sann0638 wrote:Just played Khorne at a tournament this weekend - fun times! 25 races played!
And the world didn't burn to the ground??? The sea's didn't boil??? The first born of the noble families weren't whisked from their beds?????

Wow - guess they're ok then ;)
My engine blew up. I'm blaming Mike :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ah, but that was before I played Khorne. But I suppose reverse causation is possible too in this alternate universe.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler