Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

News and announcements from the worldwide Blood Bowl players' association

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

Post by Digger Goreman »

plasmoid wrote: For all their incompetence, we have no indication that they are insane.
Nor do we have any reason to assume that the NAF will suddenly lose the ability to make a sound case-by-case judgement.
:?:

I know that first line was meant to stay with the line on Cyanide but I find equally applicable to sNAFu.... And sound judgement from a bunch of gw sycophants can hardly be sound....

Now, you can easily argue with the above, if you wish, but let us get down to brass tacks:
--------------------------------------

Factionalism has always been rife in BB.... Passing rules in the BBRC required a quorum that the three elfies in the group made sure would not effect their favorites.... A member was drafted into the group later solely because he was another member's friend and became a proxy vote....

That the BBRC got anything done is a tribute to the one or two non factional members.

Now we have people who want to put the Quislings in control?! That is insane....

There is however a reason that naf cannot take on BBRC like properties, and I think this is inarguable: Greedy W@nkers dissolved the BBRC and forbade them to adjust Blood Bowl....

Simple as that....

So, whether your personal opinion is inclined to corn, more human teams, or eliminating half the poorly designed teams in BB, suck it up.... Extremely unlikely to happen....

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

:roll:

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Reconsidering the ruling on Khorne?

Post by voyagers_uk »

Digger please don't do that, name names if you must but throwing poorly veiled insults is counter productive

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Great! Now we have a conspiration theory as well.

The governament has hidden from us the fact that the Illuminati and the elves are conspiring to control tha game.....
Sssscccaaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyyy! :blue:

I don't know if I feel more like laughing or crying......

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Argue about the rest of the stuff children, but take away the kernel of truth: if grandma shut down the BBRC, why would they let any organization replace it?

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rolex wrote:My use of the word illegal mirrors the view of lawyers, since I am one.
Publishing (even on line) a new modified RB, would give the perfect excuse to GW to shut the Naf down.
Doing something like that would be a suicidal move.
The legal expenses alone would be enough to kill the Naf.
And yet (as an example) Yaktribe (the former Yakromunda) is quite happily hosting the re-written Nercomunda and Mordheim rules (and the originals) and is planning on a re-write of GorkaMorka.
plasmoid wrote:As an aside:
IMO, the 'what if Cyanide made a Space Marine roster' argument is such a horrible strawman.

For all their incompetence, we have no indication that they are insane.
Nor do we have any reason to assume that the NAF will suddenly lose the ability to make a sound case-by-case judgement.
Not a strawman at all - an extreme, and unlikely example yes, but not a strawman. If GW decides it wants SM in the game to boost it's sales then Cyanide will do it. Doesn't matter that it's stupid, or even if Cyanide think it's stupid, they will do as they're told, as already shown by the Quorn inclusion. Do I honestly think it will happen? No, but this is GW, so the possibility is there (and Judge Dredd and the Fatties both played BB in the past...).

You can't make a "sound case-by-case judgement"when you've decided that Cyanide is now the embodiment of the rules. The NAF didn't get to pick and choose what BBRC-agreed rules they used when the BBRC was running the game, so why would it get to pick and choose when it's decided Cyanide is?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

plasmoid wrote:As an aside:
IMO, the 'what if Cyanide made a Space Marine roster' argument is such a horrible strawman.

For all their incompetence, we have no indication that they are insane.

Cheers
Martin
Agreed, I don't think there is any likelihood of that happening as GW made a concerted effort a while back to sever ties between the WHFB and 40K worlds that we used to have in rouge trader/3rd edition. Whilst the BB world is not quite the WHFB world they are still very close so I think they would keep it.

A far more likely occurrence would be that cyanide would drop the Khorne roster in BB2 (or a future BB3), drop Bloodbowl altogether, or go out of business. So if the NAF did allow them would they be stuck with allowing them forever more? And be unable to change the roster either?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

One crazy idea:

What about to set up a poll on NAF website about what members think about restoring a NAF-BBRC?

Would be very informative for the officers, independently if they finally consider it or not.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Pakulkan wrote:What about to set up a poll on NAF website about what members think about restoring a NAF-BBRC?
Are you not capable of doing that?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

lunchmoney wrote:
Pakulkan wrote:What about to set up a poll on NAF website about what members think about restoring a NAF-BBRC?
Are you not capable of doing that?
I was thinking in something more "controlled" than a poll in the forum. Something requiring NAF number to be representative. Not sure if NAF forum is open access (as was proposed in a certain point of President elections) or if it is still restricted to NAF members only.

BTW, if it is still restricted to NAF members, I will do so. Thanks for your help, buddy.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It is still restricted to NAF members, yes. Poll away!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Pakulkan wrote:
lunchmoney wrote: Are you not capable of doing that?
I was thinking in something more "controlled" than a poll in the forum. Something requiring NAF number to be representative. Not sure if NAF forum is open access (as was proposed in a certain point of President elections) or if it is still restricted to NAF members only.
Fair enough :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Anyway - back to the subject of the thread:
It's been quite a while now.
Any news on the subject?

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

No official news, no.

My personal take is that I would allow unofficial races in tournaments - from a short list which would include any races that Cyanide include in their games, plus others if they are very widely played. These would get a NAF ranking, but tournaments would not have to include them if they didn't want to, and if this were stated in the tournament pack then people would know well in advance.

This would require changes to the database structure to allow an "unofficial" tag, but I would love to see a restructured database anyway which led into an even more interactive coach page, more like the Fumbbl coach page. But that's straying off topic, into new website thoughts, and back into the suggestions I made at the time of the last presidential election.

Just my personal take.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Meanwhile, 200+ comments on this on the BB Facebook community page, if you're not there yet, pop in!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154786034573932/

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler