Firestorm WinterBowl League (Cardiff & Newport)

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Firestorm WinterBowl League (Cardiff & Newport)

Post by frogboy »

FIRESTORM WINTERBOWL LEAGUE - NEWPORT & CARDIFF
Welcome to the Firestorm Winterbowl league!

Tickets avalible in the links below for the Newport Conference of the Winterbowl Bloodbowl league and there is a separate ticket for the Cardiff Conference! (You may join both)

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/firesto ... ue-cardiff

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/index.p ... t_id=30533

Prizes

The £5 entry fee will all go into creating a prize pool for each respective conference and the Firebowl winner. In addition each player will receive a bloodbowl badge and there will be trophies for the top 4 teams best painted team – The Golden Pheonix Award in each conference.

For games played on Wednesday in Newport and Thursday in Cardiff there will be spot prizes each week for the following:

Most impressive Touchdown
Flashiest Strip (best painted/converted figure)
Most Violent Player
Cursed by Nuffle (unluckiest/worst ranked player)

Format:

The Firestorm Winterbowl League will be run as a Newport Conference and a Cardiff Conference and will have three stages

Stage 1: League Play
Stage 2: Play-Offs
Stage 3: Firebowl

League Play

Teams play games against other teams from their respective conference (Cardiff or Newport), trying to increase their Team Value as much as possible.

Players can play a maximum of 6 league games per week and cannot play more than two games in a row against the same team.

The league will run in Cardiff in The South Wales Gaming Centre from Thursday 1st December until Thursday 15th December and in Newport at Firestorm Games Newport from Wednesday 30th November until Wednesday 14th December.

All League games must be played in their designated locations to be regarded as official but may be arranged whenever the relevant venue is open.

Players must create a team using the rules on page 22 of the Blood Bowl rulebook. Players may use any of the team lists in the Blood Bowl rulebook, or in the Death Zone season 1 book.

Players must fill in a roster sheet before the start of their first game. Once the league begins teams cannot be altered in any way other than as a result of suffering casualties or following the relevant Winterbowl post-match sequence.

Following each game players must amend their roster sheet as appropriate to the satisfaction of their opponent and must complete a result form. The result form for each players games must be handed in to Firestorm Games Cardiff or Firestorm Games Newport on the day the game was played in order for the result to be reflected on the official league table.

A copy of the Winterbowl roster can be picked up in Firestorm Games Cardiff or Newport.Result forms will be available in each respective venue.

THIS ISN’T A DEATH ZONE LEAGUE! The Winterbowl league has its own rules and procedures that will be followed. Full details are available in Firestorm Games Cardiff and Newport!

The following sequence is performed for each game:

Pre-Match Sequence

1. Roll on the Weather table
2. Choose Inducements
3. Draw Special Play Cards

The Match

1. Work out the number of Fans and Fame
2. Kick-off
3. Etc etc

Post-Match Sequence

1. Determine Winnings
2. Award Improvements
3. Adjust Fan Factor
4. Retire Players
5. Update Team Value

Play-Offs

The Cardiff Playoffs will take place on Thursday 22nd December in The South Wales Gaming Centre and on Wednesday 21st December in Firestorm Games Newport.

The top four teams in their respective league will be paired off in the semi-final and the winner of the final will be crowned as their conferences Winterbowl Champion!

Firebowl

The Firebowl championship game will be played on a date TBC between the Newport and Cardiff Winterbowl Champions.

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Firestorm WinterBowl League (Cardiff & Newport)

Post by TheShepherd »

Yes! Well up for this!

Shepherd for the Wales team
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

£5 buy in, tickets available for both the Newport Conference & the Cardiff Confrence in the links above respectively. If your that mad you can enter separate teams in both...

Flat 100k Starting value, no skills

Please bring everything you need to play;
team, roster, dice, board, dugout, sense off humour :)

Please record all data from the matches played between you and your opponent. I'll collect in the info or Andy at Firestorm Games will.

If you play your games at either of the stores outside a BloodBowl night or can't find me then please email results to me; foulbowl@gmail.com

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
MSJavaid
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MSJavaid »

Im in.

Someones got to represent Cardiff :D

NAF Name: Thatasianguy
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Wicked. I just stuck a post up on your Facebook page, plenty of views, no way of knowing how many will show yet. This first 3 weeks will be a good start but hoping more will join in as they get their teams sorted out. Few people have said their getting the boxed set for Christmas so will be joining in after.
Once Winter Bowl League is settled we can look into running a full length Death Zone League.
If your reading this and interested then don't hold back. Get yourself down and join in the mayhem chance to win some nice prizes supplied by Firestorm.

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

I'm hoping to be over in Newport but not til 2017 now (stupid property fell through at last minute so back to square 1). Will keep my eye open for next season!

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok buddy, first half of the season will be an open free for all. So join in whenever.. good luck with the move, if you need a hand with anything give me a shout

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Starts this week, Wednesday Night in Newport & Thursday Night Cardiff - from about 6pm. All welcome, hand your results into me at Newport and 20phoenix at Cardiff

:orc:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

So week one of the Winter Bowl League happened, thanks to everyone who supported it and to anyone who couldn't make it this week hope to see you next.

We had 6 playing in Newport with a couple more interested in starting up and two who were unable to attend.

In Cardiff we had 14 playing plus more promising to join in after Christmas so looking very strong there at the moment.

For anyone in the area or able to travel then feel free to drop in any time or contact me or the store for more info.

MSJavaid
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MSJavaid »

So two very interesting games for me in the first week.

Game One - Nurgle vs Wood Elves.

2 - 0 win to Nurgle. Very interesting game, with us going up in touchdowns. Some massive failures with casualties though. Only managed to injure a single line elf, where as the elves injured a rotter (but who care about them) and a double skull by a Warrior led to him getting injured, but he made his regeneration roll. I did manage to break a lot of armour, but the highlight of the game was seeing half of the elf team knocked out.

Game Two - Nurgle vs Skaven

1 - 1 draw. The skaven had a gutter-runner missing the game. But they still managed a cheeky touchdown 1st half. The rest of the game saw Nurgle lay down some massive punishment. Landed the following players into the injury box: Gutter-runner - missing next game, Blitzer - missing next game, Linerat - niggling injury and miss next game, Linerat - badly hurt. Pulling off a nice touch down in the 2nd half, Nurgle tied the score. Highlight of the game was the remaining gutter-runner making a dodge roll for the last few SPP's fall over and break his neck resulting in death :lol:
Good game in all, but funny that the only pass made in the game was done by nurgle.

The massive loss of players for the Skaven has forced the coach to retire the team. Bonus win for Nurgle.

NAF Name: Thatasianguy