How to start a league with only 2 Coaches

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

How to start a league with only 2 Coaches

Post by Toffer »

I come seeking your collective wisdom.

I live in a small(ish) town in Marlborough, NZ called Blenheim. There are only 2 of us here who play BB. We are on the lookout for more people and have posters up and a facebook page and stuff like that. In the meantime we want to stop playing one off games and try a league so we can get some team advancement happening. We have both played in leagues elsewhere in the world and we want to get back to gaining SPP's and rolling for skills.

So my question is. How?

How can we run a league with only 2 coaches but perhaps has more than 2 teams and allows team advancement but removes the possibility of having to play against yourself in some sort of final round etc?

Reason: ''
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: How to start a league with only 2 Coaches

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

I guess the best way is to leave the trodden path of 'my team/his team' and create a league based around fluff (such as the 2nd Ed. rulebook), fix a schedule and then decide who represents which team on a match-by-match basis

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

When we started, we played 3 teams each, and played rounds in which each team from coach A had to play each team from coach B. that way each team had 3 different opponents per round. After x rounds, a play-off round was determined by random draw; between teams from coach A and coach B.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Or you could play loads of random games with any teams you like keeping track of SPPs etc for each team, you could both use which ever team you like or have. It wouldn't have to be a league.

Just a bunch of teams wondering the Old World looking to make a few coins and put on a show for the locals.

This would be like how gamefinder works on Fumbbl

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Or, select a number/random draw of teams, draft/bid for who gets to choose starting build, then draw up the schedule with no team being played twice in a row by the same coach....

It would be interesting to play teams you only partially designed....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Thanks for your ideas everyone. I think I can see several workable strategies now. Cheers

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

There are now 2 Blood Bowl coaches in Blenheim! Great news Toffer :-)
P.S. Perhaps you could have your own teams and also a team or two for "guest" coaches to play?

drathul
Experienced
Experienced

Post by drathul »

My friend and I do a "spring tour" like the wallabies tour of Europe.
One coach picks a team to go on tour then the other coach builds six (or more) teams at an agreed TV. We then swap and the other player takes a team on tour

Life, one continuous interruption to my sleep

Ian White
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'd say either base the league on the teams (rather than you the coaches) so it doesn't matter which teams get through, you both play one of them or.....

Have a teams team league. For example you both have 4 teams each, that play each other and the winner is the coach that wins the most game. For each point a coach is up, the other coach gets 100TV in inducements.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Another option maybe is to pick another league somewhere who are playing at a similar pace and each week print off a teamsheet of one of their teams, for one of your teams to face. That way you'll get the development of your own team against a backdrop of increasingly developed opponents; you can mix up which teams you're using without needing to build them all from scratch or estimate their development; and you can save your own developed teams playing off for the league final!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Thanks all

We had a chat about it this eveing and we think we could get a league up and running soon.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

We used to have a league of all the races plus extra orc and human teams and each round we would pick two teams at random from a cup, play the game and next time we wanted a game pick two more until the round was played out. 3 rounds, Top 4 teams play semi finals then final, then start again. Keep the skills and develop the teams. Ok, you don't own a team but you do get the fun of seeing the teams develop and you get to experience the different races. It also allows guest coaches to play.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

You could also pick a main team each and then add a bunch of others. With the main team the other coach is always the opposition, with any other teams you can decide at random.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.