PBVL *Play By Video League*

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

PBVL *Play By Video League*

Post by daloonieshaman »

I am testing the waters as the interest in forming a League where players will play scheduled games by Video.
You set up mirror boards and use your laotop/web cam/facetime ect to play your opponent.
All dice rolls will have to be rolled live on the screen
It will have a few issues working out the bugs
If there is a way to save the vids and put them on my web page that would be cool also
Run the data in OBBLM as usual

please post your comments/ideas/criticisms/concerns/interest/ect

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
NickJMereel
Rookie
Rookie

Re: PBVL *Play By Video League*

Post by NickJMereel »

I love the concept. Might need some sort of custom coloured board as I think it will be difficult to judge depth on the screen. Maybe different coloured rows and a grid reference on the board so you can tell your opponent "Blitzer to E11 on the yellow row"

Its a slower pace because I assume you would have counters on your own board to represent the opponents pieces. definitely interesting though.
:)

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I don't have the time for this one, but I would like to hear how it goes. We've debated using something like this for players who are out of town.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
dragonloup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dragonloup »

Hi mate
I m really interested if you managed to do it . I would like to know the pitfall and hurdles you found. I needed to do the same think with a buddy of mine. I was thinking to use a dice generator to have the dice on screen but i could not find anythimg suitable .

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

dragonloup wrote:Hi mate
I m really interested if you managed to do it . I would like to know the pitfall and hurdles you found. I needed to do the same think with a buddy of mine. I was thinking to use a dice generator to have the dice on screen but i could not find anythimg suitable .
Both players could launch my VASSAL module and then join an online game together. In the preferences, you can opt to split the control panel from the game board (option: "Use combined windows" is checked by default. Uncheck and relaunch the module - it will remember this preference). So then you'd only have a thin band of a window that would show a chat window that would echo the results of the dice (both picture and text based output):

You could have your video feed sized to fit just above this window.

Or, just play using the VASSAL module :) (but I get the idea of actually touching/moving the pieces)

See my VASSAL Blood Bowl thread in the "Digital Format" thread here for a link to download it: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41686
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
dragonloup
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dragonloup »

That looks good
I need to try it out
thank you so much