I want to brag about my league! (New York City area)

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

I want to brag about my league! (New York City area)

Post by mzukerman »

The Long Island Blood Bowl League (outside New York City) is in its fifth season and will be starting its sixth season in May. We currently have 18 teams set up in a premier format with promotions/relegations of two teams per division. The league is a great mix of bash/agile although I'd say we are currently on a swing towards pointy ears.

The commissioner (me) is a dedicated schmo who is very big on the fluff and a fair sort of gent. We play approximately two games a month on a game day but if you can't make it that month, you have the following month to make it up. If you are at game day and your opponent isn't, then you can play an official scrimmage where the stats count to kick start your next team. We have preseason kickoff tournaments, a rotating trophy (Montauk Cup) and an also-ran tournament (Flushing Bowl).

And the fluff? Oh my Nuffle! The fluff!

- Snob Costas is our league commentator
- Jimmy the Sneak is the league oddsmaker
- Tony Khorneheiser is the league's ranter
- LIBBL Magazine is a monthly zine with team reports, league news, standings, schedule, commentary
- A cross-county rivalry with some good natured trash talking
- A budding goblin insurrection
- A commissioner who is so corrupt and ruthless, he sold franchise rights to a local police officer just to ensure they wouldn't come after him for unfair business practices

The league has grown every season and now has eighteen teams. It is very friendly to new players and a great challenge for experienced coaches. You know you want to be a part of it!

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: I want to brag about my league! (New York City area)

Post by sann0638 »

Sounds good. If you want to write a nice fluffsome piece for the NAF newsletter, that might be fun!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: I want to brag about my league! (New York City area)

Post by mzukerman »

sann0638 wrote:Sounds good. If you want to write a nice fluffsome piece for the NAF newsletter, that might be fun!
I'd love to! I'll PM you.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup