New league in Aldershot, Hampshire, UK looking for players!

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

xbevisx
Experienced
Experienced

New league in Aldershot, Hampshire, UK looking for players!

Post by xbevisx »

Hi folks.

I'm Andy and I'm a member of the Aldershot Ardboyz 18+ gaming club which is held in The Games Shop, Aldershot. I'm looking to get a strong group of Blood Bowl fanatics in regularly to get a league going.

On top of that it'd be cool to get a group that is interested in occasionally travelling to tournaments (this is not mandatory).

If things go well I'm also considering running a NAF tournament at The Games Shop itself. It's a pretty big store and excellent facilities for gaming!

We generally meet Wednesday and Sunday evenings. Please get in contact if you are interested at all.

Reason: ''
rowdy_ruff_boy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New league in Aldershot, Hampshire, UK looking for playe

Post by rowdy_ruff_boy »

Hi, I live about 45 minutes away from Aldershot. Is it okay to only play on Sundays, as I work full-time Monday to Saturday (inclusing evenings)?

Also what's the level of play like? I'm an absolute beginner and have only played a few games on the PC.

xbevisx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by xbevisx »

Hey man,

Yeah Sundays is good. Best thing to do about organising games is join the Aldershot Ardboyz page on Facebook. I won't always be around on Sundays, but post a message up on there and you should generally get a reply.

The level of play at the club is pretty mixed. It'll be a great place for you to learn. All the guys are really friendly, they'll give you tips, guide you through the early games and help you with anything you are struggling with.

Hope to see you there soon!

rowdy_ruff_boy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rowdy_ruff_boy »

Due to crazy work comittments I won't be able to do anything forever (or the New Year, whichever comes first).

To play do I need to buy my own game set, or can I buy a team? With regards to the teams, do they have to be painted too?

xbevisx
Experienced
Experienced

Post by xbevisx »

We have all the stuff you need at the shop. I don't mind lending you a team until you've learnt the rules and know which one you want to buy.