UK - Tunbridge Wells (Kent) - 2012 Season 3 - Starts April

Need new players? Starting a league in a new area? Promote them here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Flashman
Rookie
Rookie

UK - Tunbridge Wells (Kent) - 2012 Season 3 - Starts April

Post by Flashman »

Hi there, new member looking to promote his local league's next season. :)

This'll be be the third season of the Hydra Gaming Club's Blood Bowl League. We're a friendly group of players looking to expand on our core player base and promote our wargames club in the process. The club is based in High Brooms, Tunbridge Wells just off the A21 between Sevenoaks and Hastings. Less than five minutes walk from the local train station (High Brooms) at the High Brooms Working Men's Club premises. Click here for a googlemap.

The club have recently moved to a brand spanking new forum here and even have a Facebook page here.

The HGC-BBL league will take the form of an open challenge based ladder league. Where coaches are free to challenge equal or higher ranked teams to a game and will run for six months. Teams will be ranked by a performance based points system. That gives 4pts for a win, 2pts for a draw, 0pts for defeat and a bonus point for either managing a close defeat (within one TD) or a major victory (three TD clear). At the end of which there will be a short play-off season to decide the champion. Coaches are free to run multiple teams if they wish, but not of the same race. We're not strict about teams being painted but it's generally expected that Coaches will make an effort to get their teams fully painted. There are a few house rules explained on the HGC-BBL 2012 Season thread here where you can also find an attachment with the full season format document.

Thanks for reading and hopefully we'll see you soon
James 'Flashman' Harper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Flashman
Rookie
Rookie

Re: UK - Tunbridge Wells (Kent) - 2012 Season 3 - Starts Apr

Post by Flashman »

Hello again I maybe beating a dead horse here but I wanted to share the news that Hydra Gaming Club have moved to a new forum. :D

The league is also now rolling with seven coaches running twelve teams. With a few more potentially to join, so now could be a great time to get involved. And if you don't believe me look at this fantastic cake... I mean OP I've brought along with me (see below). As you can see season three is off to a flyer with plenty of bone crunching action. We've also got some delightful match day write-ups on the HGC-BBL thread. So don't be shy feel free to PM me or indeed jump in and join the Hydra Gaming Club forums to sign up and take part!
HGC-BBL Week One Results wrote:Hydra Gaming Club - Blood Bowl League 2012

Sponsored by

Team League Table

Coach League Table
HGC-BBL House Rules

1. Teams are not required to have ‘coach’ models but if they do then that team will receive +1 on the ‘Brilliant Coaching’ roll on the kick-off table.

2. All teams must be named, as must the coach and each individual player.

3. SPECIAL RULE: Hydra Compensation Scheme - When winnings are calculated for the match if the defeated team had a lower TV prior to the game. Then they may gain an additional 10k for every 100k difference in TV, prior to the game's start, in addition to any winnings normally generated.

Ie. Team one with a TV of 1290 plays team two with a TV of 1000. Team one wins and rolls a 5 for it's winnings gaining 60k, team two has +1 Fame but loses rolling a 2 for it's winnings, but they were valued at 290k less than team one prior to the game starting. Normally they would gain 30k in winnings but they add 20k to their winnings as an compensation for a total of 50k.
Official Challenges

Team Games and Results

Coach Games and Results

Key:
Greyed Team/Coach names indicate play with an unpainted team.
Asterisked Team/Coach names indicate play against an unpainted team.

Flash
HGC-BBL Commissioner

Reason: ''