If you choose NOT to move....

Ask general or specific questions about Elfball

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

If you choose NOT to move....

Post by The Painted Goblin »

Can you choose to forego your move on your turn (for example, if all your players are already in a great defensive position and you're waiting for the ball carrier to walk into your carefully placed trap?)

If so, does this mean on your next turn ALL your players are eligible to move, since no-one moved last turn?

Reason: ''
This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: If you choose NOT to move....

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yes this would be allowed and yes the last moved marker would be removed if you did this.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
The Painted Goblin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The Painted Goblin »

Thanks Galak,

So choosing not to move can actually improve an already strong defensive position, as your opponent loses the "last man" blind spot.
Good stuff.

This week, I will be mostly painting.....Dwarven Warriors (WHFB)

What the photon is PHOTON?
antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by antipixi »

I've always played that you pick a player (usually one in a position that doesn't weaken your defence) to have the last move counter. This could obviously not be a player who already had it. In effect, pick a player to take an action with no moveement or challenges, but allowing a change of facing.

Removing the last turn marker other than by removal of the player with it doesn't follow anything in the rulebook. Sorry to disagree with you Tom (and obviously what you say goes), but I like the tactical implications of having to choose the player that doesn't do anything. And it fits with the rules as written, whereas I think that the 'remove token' option would need a clarification in the rules.

Just my opinion. I 'd be interested to hear how others had interpretted this situation.

Chris

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

The Team Coach of each team may select any of his players to perform an action... A Team Coach must select any one of his players to perform an action during his turn except the very last player which performed an action on his team (i.e. the same player may only perform an action every other turn)...
pg.4 Elfball rulebook

I think the must is more important than the may here. But overall just reading the rules I would assume you have to "action"vate (activate) a player, perhaps you could active a reserve and then not do anything with the reserve because it doesn't say the active player has to be on the pitch. And if that is the case could I activate a reserve to use his ability and then have him not come onto the field (like swarm?)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

antipixi wrote:Removing the last turn marker other than by removal of the player with it doesn't follow anything in the rulebook. Sorry to disagree with you Tom (and obviously what you say goes), but I like the tactical implications of having to choose the player that doesn't do anything. And it fits with the rules as written, whereas I think that the 'remove token' option would need a clarification in the rules.
No you are right.

I'm trying to get ready for a convention this weekend, boxing up our first brand new board game out of the 4 we are hoping to release this and filling 4 large vendor orders this week and I answered quickly.

You are right that you would have to pick someone to have moved and then moved 0 hexes and he would be the last moved player. Sorry for that error with the quick answer.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers