2 nd 3rd ed gw figures sale list

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: 2 nd 3rd ed gw figures sale list

Post by nightwing »

4one9 wrote:To be clear, if this is a misunderstanding and everyone gets what has been agreed with BfG, I will delete my posts.

But it does not look good.
Agreed- real life does get in the way sometimes. Will wait for an update.

Reason: ''
Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

I have dealt with BFG on and off over the last few years. I dont know him well and am not involved with this particular figure sales - but I do know that in the past he has sometimes been slow but has always come through in the end. I think he's reliable and has always been a good guy when Ive dealt with him.

This whole matter may have become overwhelming. Id encourage BFG to reply and give his side of the story; and Id encourage everyone else to try be patient.

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

you know, i try to be a fairly nice guy, and in the grand scheme of things, i didn't send him a lot of money, so i feel like i've been patient to this point as it has been about 6 months since i sent payment. honestly though, i really am not interested in explanations anymore. there have been an awful lot of explanations in this thread already. all i really want to hear at this point is either "yes i have your minis or your money" or "sorry, i don't have anything for you."
that's it.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Thanks Greg, but in this case any critasisims of me are warrented. Sorry about the spelling.

My wife and I DID go up to Eds. I have told the members involved what went down.

The place was the worst you will see on the TV show 'HOARDERS". It was so bad, I went out side and vomited. We were there for about 4 hours. On the way home, my wife wanted to call Adult Protective Services. The guy has no family, no anyone. My wife and I talked to our church Elders about it, it was so bad. A 72 year old man should'nt live like that.

At any rate, My wife has loosened her grip on the purse, so to speak, and I will take the loose and refund. The stuff is there, I just think Ed can't find it.

I am sorry. I kept thinking this would end well. It has'nt. I was asked if I could sell his BB figures. I agreed. I am also "on the hook, for about $500 from my club mates. I am happy my wife and I took along my friend(and club mate and member here) matt, who saw for himself how bad this mans house was.

I am sorry.

Rick Sanchez lives!
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

thank you for your response, bfg. in the end that's all i really wanted. my offer from the previous page still stands. in the last response i got from you, you said you had the zug mini in hand. if you still have it, please send it and we can call the rest even.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

4one9
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 4one9 »

OK assuming that what you said is true, could you please clarify the following points:

1- What is the current status of the things that members ordered? Do you have any? If not, when can they expect their money back?

2- Why did you not explain the situation on the 28th of December when you posted that you were back from the trip?

3- Please explain the posting on the daka daka forum especially the one from the 21st of December. I do not know what people ordered but it seems that there is enough in there to cover almost any BB wish...

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

Sorry things have not gone well.

BFG, there was only 1 outstanding mini left for me. I really don't need it now and have bought a Willy mini that will work better for the team. The price was $5, which I'm also okay with letting go. It's a small amount, but hopefully it can offset some of the money you owe others. Best of luck.

Sporx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sporx »

I am probably the person with the most reason to be upset. Almost $200.

But, I am not upset.

At all.

BFG tried to do something nice for us and it has not worked out. That is not his fault. If I were in his place, I would feel bad, too. I can understand the feelings of shame, disappointment, etc. that probably led to his lack of communication. He is a respected member of the community. I do not think he would do anything intentionally to hurt that reputation. He has nothing to gain from "cheating" us. I am not upset - I feel sympathy for him/you.

I trust everything will work out, or be paid back, eventually. I can understand that it will take time to make it right.

As I have said in my multiple emails to you, and now in public - Thank you for trying and for putting up with all of the headache.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Having watched with Hoarding with my own close relatives ... I feel for you seeing that situation even if he was just a friend. Its not an easy thing to deal with for sure. Sorry you got hit with that and are going to need to take the hit for the refunds ... but good on you to make everyone whole.

The best thing to do in these situation is to get hold of any family at all that can help ... barring that ... yeah ... Adult Services might need to assist ... but he might lose his home from that... so you need to weight that in the mix.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

gregory_n_white wrote:I have dealt with BFG on and off over the last few years. I dont know him well and am not involved with this particular figure sales - but I do know that in the past he has sometimes been slow but has always come through in the end. I think he's reliable and has always been a good guy when Ive dealt with him.
this.

ive been a friend of johns for several years and he has always delivered what he promised, if hes been let down then im sure he will make good to all involved.
life does sometimes get in the way and I know Johns had some issues to deal with (and is still to an extent dealing with) that perhaps are not best aired in public, whilst critism of poor communication may be warranted Ive not known him to "steal" from anyone. Whilst i understand there is some disappointment give the guy a chance to sort things out, it sounds like quite a complex situation.

Airwombat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Airwombat »

Adding my recent experience with BfG. I replied to a post he made on Dakka Dakka where he said he was selling Blood Bowl minis that he inherited, sent the money late December, and after about a half month of delays, was pretty much told the entire thing was a scam by some family. What is really disappointing is that while this is my first post on these forums, I have lurked for some time, so I figured I could trust a long time member of the TFF community. In reality, the story that I have been given has changed three times, and several unfounded accusations were thrown at me out of the blue, including that I was attacking him here and made it so he can never go here again. To reiterate, this is literally my first post on these forums. It is unfortunate that while he has some other long standing members vouching for him, that there are also several members who have also been let down by him. At this point, I'm pretty sure my transaction with him is a total loss on my part.

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Just to be clear:

I have received some items from BfG.
Two teams (3rd Ed)
2 Star Players (3rd Ed)
2 single 2nd Edition minis.

I do also think the story about Ed is true. The fact that one team and two star players arrived, still in mint condition in their packs, seems to confirm this. My understanding and reading is that perhaps BfG is trying to sell his _OWN_ Blood Bowl miniatures, so that he can repay those he owes. The dollar figure is pretty much the same amount - although the 'wounded warrior fund' comments is odd and concerning.

However, I also have had a hard time with communication, off and on, since June of last year. I won't go onto the nitty gritty detail here, but his communication has been poor.

That all said, I continue to hold out hope that I will receive my money back, which I am still owed, for the Necromunda gangs I gave BfG money for.

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Is this a 'general' topic or does it belong in sale/trade forum?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Baxx wrote:Is this a 'general' topic or does it belong in sale/trade forum?
I think it's probably fair to say its a trading thread rather than general so moved to Trading section.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Predictably, zero posts after moving the thread. I thought it had been deleted!