WTB: GW Chaos Dwarf Team

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ConvincingJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ConvincingJohn »

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks to everybody. This was the team that I always wanted 20 years ago, but never could put together. Editing list to show what I'm still looking for. I've had a lot of people pm me with offers, which is great. Hopefully I'll be back in a league soon, and will remember/relearn enough that I can contribute more to the boards than a "wtb" thread.

Hello All,

I've just recently gotten back into the hobby and was hoping to find a team to get ready for the relaunch. One team I always wish I had played back in the day were those handsome little devils with the stylishly big hats. I've been away since LRB1, and I wasn't prepared for how hard it is to find the GW teams that I remember from back then.

I'm assuming someone having a full team that they'd want to sell would be a rare thing, so I'm open to any piece-meal models anybody might have available. I'm more than happy to build it up one or two models at a time.

I would be looking for the following:
2 Hobgoblins
0 Chaos Dwarves
1 Bull Centaur

Thanks all for taking the time to read this, looking forward to exploring the forums more...
CJ

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: WTB: GW Chaos Dwarf Team

Post by Regash »

Do you insist to have original GW BB Chaos Dwarves?
Or would you also consider a team that was manufactured by someone else?
Or maybe even using a conversion from other miniatures?

If you want to have original GW BB CDs, good luck!
There has been a full team on ebay but it seems to be sold.
Look right here, the forum post where they were announced.

Willy Miniatures, Meiko and Rolljordan have some decent Chaos Dwarves in their line of miniatures. (Links will show pictures!)
There might be more than those three that I'm not aware of.
As far as I know they are all european companies and I don't know if they have retailers in the US of A.
Impact! Miniatures is US based and have some CDs in their line of products too.
Also, the owner of Impact! is active in these forums. Just contact GalakStarscraper via PM to get more info.

And lastly, you may consider to buy some warhammer figurines and convert them into a decent BB team.
This link shows you a page where you can see various ways of converting Chaos Dwarves.
My take on them was to just buy some old plastic Chaos Warriors and shorten their legs, have some upper bodies mounted on horse bodies and I used night goblins for Hobgoblins. (My painting skills are abysmally bad, though!)

I hope this helps a little.

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Also check out the group "Bloodbowl Trade" on facebook. A post there might help you.

ConvincingJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ConvincingJohn »

Thanks all, I really appreciate the advice and links. I really like the look of the Impact team, so that may be in my future. I'm going to spend a little more time seeing if I can piece together the GW models, just to scratch that "walk down memory lane" itch. That being said, I'll probably get the Impact team regardless, it just looks too nice.

Again, thank you, I really appreciate the advice.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

ConvincingJohn wrote:Thanks all, I really appreciate the advice and links. I really like the look of the Impact team, so that may be in my future. I'm going to spend a little more time seeing if I can piece together the GW models, just to scratch that "walk down memory lane" itch. That being said, I'll probably get the Impact team regardless, it just looks too nice.

Again, thank you, I really appreciate the advice.
I've got six third edition chaos dwarfs, if you're keen? The big hat guys. In original blisters.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

I have the original box team, in said box. Could be combined with Steve's 3 dudes. Might have Hthark in a blister, too. Not sure that I want to get rid of them but have no idea why I'm hoarding them either.

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

What is with you weirdos having sealed boosters... :-P

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
ConvincingJohn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ConvincingJohn »

Gaixo wrote:I have the original box team, in said box. Could be combined with Steve's 3 dudes. Might have Hthark in a blister, too. Not sure that I want to get rid of them but have no idea why I'm hoarding them either.

I've been in that head space with a lot of my stuff. (And to be clear, I still have it all...)

I got a lot of pms with blisters before I noticed some full-team responses. At this point, a couple of hobbos and hthark are really all I'm lacking. If you ever decide to part with him, shoot me a pm. But I fully understand keeping him with the rest of the team.

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Kilowog2814 wrote:What is with you weirdos having sealed boosters... :-P
I know you collect them, but I just got a bunch of blisters (15-20) in some lot years ago. Not super crazy about 3rd ed. models, so they're just waiting around for some (likely non-existent) collector to pay a premium for them.