Fumbbl Block dice and some painted Star Players for sale

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

have just put my last 2 spare sets of Fumbbl Block dice up on e-bay, a set of White Opaque and Black Pearl. There is also a single Red Pearl dice that I had spare. Starting bids at £4.99 for the sets and £0.99 for the single dice.

In addition I painted up a few star players over the summer for fun and am selling some of them off.

Hubris Rakarth – a conversion of the 40K Drahzar model with the sci-fi bits removed and arms from another blood bowl model.

Ugroth Bolgrot – classic 2nd edition model

Humerus Carpal – unique conversion using necron, tomb king and vampire counts bits

I’ve put up a few 40K and fantasy models as well, both unpainted and painted. Though the paint jobs are 20 years old and are what I’d describe as a good tabletop standard, certainly not equal in quality to the stars.

Link

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Fumbbl Block dice and some painted Star Players for sale

Post by harvestmouse »

I don't really understand the dice phenomenon but I now it's there, block die can sell for crazy amounts. However, looking at your ebay page it seems that 3 block die are worth more than a beautifully put together and painted Hubris Rakarth! :o

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Demand and supply dictate the prices.
And as long as more people want the dice than the mini... That's what you get!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Block dice can be used by everyone whilst Hubris only plays for Dark and Pro elves. Not sure how often he's taken either.

This is a test to see if there is any interest in painted stars, have a few more sat in a case but if they don't sell then might as well keep em.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

If you think of cost, time and expertise put into that mini..........it doesn't look like the price will get to it's worth (in my mind anyway); which really has always been the deal with painted miniatures. I think it has to be part hobby as well.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

harvestmouse wrote:If you think of cost, time and expertise put into that mini..........it doesn't look like the price will get to it's worth (in my mind anyway); which really has always been the deal with painted miniatures. I think it has to be part hobby as well.
As I understand it the best way to make money from painting miniatures is to either churn out tabletop standard models using techniques like dipping and drybrushing or to do unique commissions for collectors. I worked as a freelance modelmaker over a decade ago and my going rate was £7.50 an hour, if I charged that for my Blood Bowl stuff I doubt anyone could afford me.

Thankfully I have a boring office job to pay the bills. This is a hobby for me, the money I make mostly gets spent on more models. Doing commissions forces me to stick to deadlines rather than procrastinating forever and often customers' requests inspire creative ideas. Doing it as a hobby also allows me to turn down boring projects.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Those white block dice are up to £90, after 40 bids, with three days left to run.

Delighted for you spubbbbs, you put the legs into those and I'm pleased to see you get something back!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by spubbbba »

Shteve0 wrote:Those white block dice are up to £90, after 40 bids, with three days left to run.

Delighted for you spubbbbs, you put the legs into those and I'm pleased to see you get something back!
It was a bit of a shock logging into e-bay this morning and seeing that, I thought £27 for the Black pearl ones were high. Just saw they white ones are up to £106 now. :o

This isn't someone playing a joke or pulling a scam is it? The people bidding all look to be established e-bayers with good feedback.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

I remember seeing the lime green NAF block dice ( the most recent green ones) going for £40. This was whilst they were still the current ones and available for a fiver...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casebolt »

I am the high bidder on all 3 right now and it hurts the pocketbook ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

I am looking for a set of red and a set of white fumbbl dice.

So if someone is thinking to sell them please write me a pm.

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Rass, 100 pound! Thinking about selling mine now lol :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

frogboy wrote:Rass, 100 pound! Thinking about selling mine now lol :lol:
You better not, after I brought them all the way from Germany for you! :D :lol:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

neilnickson wrote:
frogboy wrote:Rass, 100 pound! Thinking about selling mine now lol :lol:
You better not, after I brought them all the way from Germany for you! :D :lol:
Lol :lol: no I would never do that, I was joking :orc:

These are my favourite dice now thanks :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Argh, missed it! I would have been very interested in the stars... oh well, guess it shouldn't have been... :cry:

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts