GreenDog Figs - Teams at 50€ until stock lasts

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Re: GreenDog Figs - NEW RELEASES 2013 - Tomb Guardians

Post by MyKi#1 »

Those tomb guards look really good :) .

Also I was wondering if there was any more news on the Besmirch dwarves?

Reason: ''
Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

MyKi#1 wrote:Those tomb guards look really good :) .

Also I was wondering if there was any more news on the Besmirch dwarves?
Yes, model 2 and 3 dwarf arrived. We have the hobbos and two dwarves. They claimed the rest of minis are at 75% casted.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Paku, any plans to work with Impact's new plastic range on some of your new plans/older lines? The Slann models in particular spring to mind.

Just curious - I vastly prefer plastic to metals and would be delighted if your figs made a transition into a similar format.

Cheers

S

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I would massively concur... (and buy a space slann team)

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I am considering something like this. I am not an expert and wouldn't go into speculations about Impact stuff, but as far as I know, if you don't go through a radical re-setting up your models in a new, specific plastic purposed sprue, you only could move to plastic resins.

What I understood, is that plastic and metal dynamics ar far different, so to change into 100% plastic I need to absolutely change all the original molds.

On the other hand, you could work with a series of new plastic resins (and no, forget about Failcast, there are a number of better mixtures) that could provide a scratching experience similar to plastic.

This is what Avatars of War did (Warcast), and I tested it and it is not bad. The good thing is that, eventually, you could provide both types of material with the same mold.

For the new Tomb Guardians I expect to try it. They are quite big, which means expensive in terms of metal casting, I would provide a cheaper option. For them.

So, the short answer is YES, I am considering it.

But, as sculptor, I couldn't afford the technique to set up plastic sprues, and as a scratch fanatic I also love plastic. So the bottom line is that I would move to plastic resin, not purely plastic, but only if I am 100% confident with its physical proterties (terms of cutting, resistance to heat, etc).

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, sorry - I was really wondering if you had spoken to Impact about the potential of offering your slann as part of their new plastic-resin range. I know they've been in touch with some indie manufacturers and personally I'd be delighted to see GreenDog involved in the initiative. But, fantastic either way, I'll keep my eye out for your progress, and will be interested in a plastic-resin team wherever it comes from*!

Keep up the great work!

S

*except rolljordan.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Sorry didn't mean plastic as in the sprues of models, but the spin cast plastics used by Troll Forged Miniatures (which I think Impact are using). These do need new moulds but not designs. From what I understand rather than using a traditional vulcanised spin mould for metal there is a different mould used due to the different pressure and material properties. http://trollforged.wordpress.com/ would have more details. (Ashorter version from Ed is here http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2012/06/17/60427/ .) Not much use of course if you are spinning moulds at home as I don't think TFM are licencing this or allowing others to use the tech.

In effect the guy at TFM spent years trying to work out how to spin cast plastic. Making sprues is a difficult expensive process compared to spin cast models but to date few have come up with a good solution. So now the idea is you mate the simplicity of spin casting and the volumes it is suitable for with the relative cheapness of plastics. GW has failcast, Mantic has restic (awful stuff imo), reaper has bones and so on.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I'll contact with Troll Forged as well. This is a very welcome information. As said, I am trying to get the best result, by joining cheapest option to customers with highest fidelity and best material.

I definetely contact with this guys to see if its possible to join our efforts.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

greymurphy42
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GreenDog Figs - NEW OFFERS 2012

Post by greymurphy42 »

Pakulkan wrote:I already have the first pics of the metal copies.

http://www.lbnweb.com/public/general/pako/IMG_3862.JPG

First of all, I would say Kraken is doing a superb job. They produce the minis in a very artesan way, that allow them for example to produce the centaurs in one single model instead of in pieces.

Second, the level of detail is extreme. As they only use one mold, they do not lose any detail between master and production molds.

Third. I hope they accomplish the number of miniatures soon, so I hope you will get them in february.

Let's see...
Any news?

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Just found this thread. Any pictures? I cannot find more then two pics on the blog and none in the thread. Mostly interested in the Khemri (Forgotten Kingdoms) minis, but would look a the Slann (Thal???????) minis.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Sorry guys, many many movement around GDF.

First of all, I would apologize for the pictures breakdown. My on-line storage is simply gone. It would take time to re-upload all my pictures :blue: :blue: :pissed: :pissed:

Sencondly, Tomb Guardians are already sent to Verdier in order to test the casting with plastic resin. I choosed these ones specially because of their size. I could offer them a little bit cheaper than with white metal casting.

And finally, and most important. I received yesterday the communication from Ricard Jové that Kraken already casted the Besmirch Dwarves. I would apologize again for the delaying, surely you understand that offer a 14 miniatures team for 36€ would be a pain. Kraken help us so much in reducing casting costs, but they could not schedule the casting properly because their own releases. I am grateful to them because their work is awesome, very detailed and reducing the number of pieces in a amazing way. So I hope you will understand the situation and enjoy the minis and the hard work of Ricard and me.

Once I have them phisically, I will refrsh the contacts with the pre-orderers to set up the shipment.

As an add-on. My plan is to release the Shadow Elf team on June, launching the Indiegogo fixed campaign to pay-off casting costs. I am still considering how cast them (plastic resin or white metal). My desire is to provide the option of choose the stuff that you want for your team. Hopefully we will raise enough money to cover these two castings... I am making numbers like crazy.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Lychanthrope wrote:Just found this thread. Any pictures? I cannot find more then two pics on the blog and none in the thread. Mostly interested in the Khemri (Forgotten Kingdoms) minis, but would look a the Slann (Thal???????) minis.
There will not be more pictures of the tomb guardians until the casting ends. I prefer to show them properly in the blog.

You could check the Thalassians in their appropriate tag and in the Catalog section of the blog:

http://greendogfigurines.blogspot.com.e ... halassians

http://greendogfigurines.blogspot.com.e ... talog.html

Hope it would help!

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: GreenDog Figs - Shadow Elves Crowdfunding - 10th June

Post by Pakulkan »

Countdown is on: Shadow Elves Crowdfunding.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: GreenDog Figs - Shadow Elves Crowdfunding - 10th June

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Paku! Any sculpts to show, and details of price and/or materials for the indiegogo?

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Pakulkan wrote: And finally, and most important. I received yesterday the communication from Ricard Jové that Kraken already casted the Besmirch Dwarves. I would apologize again for the delaying, surely you understand that offer a 14 miniatures team for 36€ would be a pain. Kraken help us so much in reducing casting costs, but they could not schedule the casting properly because their own releases. I am grateful to them because their work is awesome, very detailed and reducing the number of pieces in a amazing way. So I hope you will understand the situation and enjoy the minis and the hard work of Ricard and me.

Once I have them phisically, I will refrsh the contacts with the pre-orderers to set up.
At last!!

I've waited 2+ years for these ( as have many others)

I just need to know when and how much ( €36 + postage)

I sold my GW chaos dwarves as i was getting these, it's been a long road, please, please get them out soon :o

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work, I'm not complaining, I just want a CD team and yours is awesome