GreenDog Figs - Teams at 50€ until stock lasts

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

greymurphy42
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GreenDog Figs - NEW RELEASES 2013 - Tomb Guardians

Post by greymurphy42 »

glowworm wrote:
Pakulkan wrote: And finally, and most important. I received yesterday the communication from Ricard Jové that Kraken already casted the Besmirch Dwarves. I would apologize again for the delaying, surely you understand that offer a 14 miniatures team for 36€ would be a pain. Kraken help us so much in reducing casting costs, but they could not schedule the casting properly because their own releases. I am grateful to them because their work is awesome, very detailed and reducing the number of pieces in a amazing way. So I hope you will understand the situation and enjoy the minis and the hard work of Ricard and me.

Once I have them phisically, I will refrsh the contacts with the pre-orderers to set up.
At last!!

I've waited 2+ years for these ( as have many others)

I just need to know when and how much ( €36 + postage)

I sold my GW chaos dwarves as i was getting these, it's been a long road, please, please get them out soon :o

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work, I'm not complaining, I just want a CD team and yours is awesome
This +1

Reason: ''
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: GreenDog Figs - Shadow Elves Crowdfunding - 10th June

Post by Gaixo »

Congratulations, Pako. I can't wait to see the elves, as well. It's unfortunate that they're coming up at around the same time as those halflings, though.

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Please post a link to the project when it goes live.

"Never trust the Manlings."
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Hey guys.

I would start this countdown leaks providing just the concept sketches of the team. Now introducing the windwalkers. The plan is to cast at least three of them, but the 4th concept is already done and ready to see what the crowdfunding goes.

Hope you like it.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Paku, I do like it, and I will strongly consider buying, but...

PLEASE swap the forward knee to the other leg. I can overlook a lot in a miniature, but my pet hate is impossible running positions; imagine yourself running, and tell me if you ever have your right arm and right knee forward at the same time. If you try that running at speed you will fall over, I promise.

Please, if you will have running poses, have the forward knee and fist on opposite sides of the body at all times.

Here is an example:

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I do know that, the basis of superhero comic :lol: . The idea was to have him dodging more than running... I mean he is forcing the position to make a leap.

Will work on that. I prefer to have him dodging, because running pose will be save for something other guy... Positioning of the arms will work fine, guess.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Second sketch coming form Shadow Elves concepts: the Eartheart.

This concept comes from the idea that some few elves could in fact fuse their bodies with a tree and use them like "magic mechas".

Hope you will enjoy it.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

elmarcello
Experienced
Experienced

Post by elmarcello »

Pakulkan wrote:the Eartheart
Wait, these are going to be tree huggers? I was hoping, as the name 'shadow elves' suggests, that they were going to be dark elves. To be honest, we are in a desperate need of decent dark elf miniatures. I feel they are somehow on of the most neglected races. Let's be honest, is there a decent miniatures range out there for DE, except maybe some converted Dark Eldar? *ends ranting*

I feel Pakulkan, that I have to congratulate you though for not jumping on the bandwagon by launching another halfling or goblin team.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

elmarcello wrote:
Pakulkan wrote:the Eartheart
Wait, these are going to be tree huggers? I was hoping, as the name 'shadow elves' suggests, that they were going to be dark elves. To be honest, we are in a desperate need of decent dark elf miniatures. I feel they are somehow on of the most neglected races. Let's be honest, is there a decent miniatures range out there for DE, except maybe some converted Dark Eldar? *ends ranting*

I feel Pakulkan, that I have to congratulate you though for not jumping on the bandwagon by launching another halfling or goblin team.
Hello. In my personal opinión, there is a need for any elf alternative. I do plan to release the Shadow and the Night Elves (the true evil ones), but I should start one by one. My aim is to produce a team for "good" elves that not resembles a tree huggers team. Let's see if I could convince you... :wink: (In any case, you felt that the windwalker fit with dark elves, so he is not so tree hugger :orc: )

If the Crowdfunding arises a decent level, we will start adding the Night ones. If the level of funding is more humble, we will set up the Night Project appart.

It is funny, because all Bloodbowl players are divided in these two ways, loving Wood or dark. And both of them claim for the need of a team for their favourite race :lol:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

elmarcello
Experienced
Experienced

Post by elmarcello »

Pakulkan wrote:If the Crowdfunding arises a decent level, we will start adding the Night ones.
Count me in!
Pakulkan wrote:It is funny, because all Bloodbowl players are divided in these two ways, loving Wood or dark. And both of them claim for the need of a team for their favourite race :lol:
True, so very true. There are not so much good elf teams out there imho (except for the 2nd edition WE team). It almost feels like sculptors fear sculpting elves and therefore settle for goblins, halflings or dwarfs. Not that there is someting wrong with goblins, but the market feels a little saturated by now. Therefore I praise your effort, even when they are wood elves.

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Regarding your last point, elves present some technical challenges for a sculptor I guess. Other races are more flexible in terms of fashion and aestetics, while elves are more constrained by their supposed elegancy, agility, etc. You should transmit very subtile concepts with them.

I do agree with that both of them, good and evil elves, deserve to have alternatives. But as sculptor and investor (in this case, mainly my time and effort, the money comes from outside) you need to think as smart as you could in order to achieve your goals.

From my point of view, it is better to raise funds first with a polivalent team that could fit in different elf options, and then go through a more specific one, and complete the range.

I hope you will understand this is the reason to start with Shadow Elves.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

A new skecth. The waterwarriors are the basis of the team. From this initial concept, I decided to put only one hulder pad to distinguish them better from the windwalkers.

Hope you like it. Comments are welcome as well! :orc:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

The team has a kind of the last airbender feel to them, the sketches are looking good too.

Have you got any pictures of the chaos dwarves as a team yet?

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I'm sorry but no. I am waiting for the shipment yet.

But...

I have pictures from the Centaurs. Fantastic news: they will be in one piece:

This was just the testing piece. I will take my own pics once they arrive.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Pakulkan wrote:I'm sorry but no. I am waiting for the shipment yet.

But...

I have pictures from the Centaurs. Fantastic news: they will be in one piece:

This was just the testing piece. I will take my own pics once they arrive.
That looks great!!

Any chance of more photos with a GW model for size comparison ?

So do we have a payment/ shipping date yet?

Getting excited!!