An unknow ogre/troll for sale ?

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Damn it! I must admit I didn't think it will go so further ;) After all, this is just pieces of pewter... I put it here just in case someone should be interested in... But it's really funny. Wait and see. I have nothing against the seller, except the fact his emails was really rude... His auctions are nice, and his well-rated by others ebayers... But his reply to BigD (i guess you've made something very soft, haven't you, BigD :roll: ?) was surprising! PLease, no mailboming on him ! ;) As I said befor,e we don't care about him ! ;)

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

DFC,

As a seller, even just as a hobby, I feel you want to treat everyone as if they were your mom. Nice and helpful are 2 words that readily come to mind. That person might be made out of money and I want him to send as much of it my way as possible. I've actually made some very good friends buying and selling on eBay because of my customer service.

We don't care about him either. It's good to know how someone is going to handle a difficult situation. If a person is going to be rude or insulting then that's something I want to know about. That's what the feedback system is supposed to do but a lot of people just use it to say they got their package and little else. Many people won't leave bad feedback for fear of reprisal. Only use it for a general guide. Don't rely on it.

I really don't know what was said (except what Big D posted) but I do know that I rely on eBay to find that rare mini and unload the extra minis I usually find it with. :lol: Bad sellers give us all a bad name and some are so bad they drive people away for good. :pissed: That's why this discussion has progressed the way it has. We're concerned and many of us just can't overlook something like this.

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lucien Swift wrote:
Deathwing wrote:Hmm...here's a thought. Could the GAs be construed as auction interference? Could be treading a fine line...
i have wondered this many, many times in the past... last time i read ebay's bylaws, they were specifically against conspiratorial bid inflation, but vague on conspiratorial bid minimization... but i'm sure the lot of us could get banned...
Heh, I would say its the fine line. A GA is "almost" an email requesting not to bid. But let's get real here. Ebay has a lot better things to do then track us down. Personally I love the GA system ... its saved me at least 200 USD over the last year.

The worst that could happen is they ban all our addresses and we have to start over with new addresses (which would suck but not be the end of the world).

Oh and DFC .... you are highly regarded ... don't be surprised that we stick up for ya!

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Heh, I would say its the fine line. A GA is "almost" an email requesting not to bid. But let's get real here. Ebay has a lot better things to do then track us down. Personally I love the GA system ... its saved me at least 200 USD over the last year. The worst that could happen is they ban all our addresses and we have to start over with new addresses (which would suck but not be the end of the world).
Yeah, GA is fine... And that's a fact putting her bad experince should be the same... "should" only, because I guess Johnny P would have some problems, due to the fact this takes place here. That's why moderating behaviours, regarding to ebay but also between TBBers is a good thing (yeah, as some friends could see, the lesson was hard to learn, but already known ;)).

But I agree with Galak when he said Ebay has other stuff to do that looking at our GA system. I wouldn't believe it's so hard tohave their support in some cases, and be ban for it!
Oh and DFC .... you are highly regarded ... don't be surprised that we stick up for ya!
Waow... :oops: :wink:

dakkakhan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dakkakhan »

Well I am quite the novice ebay'er, but I have bid on two auctions for the same mini and found myself bidding against the same buyer on both. I sent him a note saying stop bidding on auction A and I will stop bidding on auction B so we can each win the mini we want for less...

That may be illegal, and is now duly noted, but it worked in this case.

oops. :oops:

:lol:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Reap what you sow, reap what you sow:
David Parrock on 11/7/2002 wrote:

Hello,

Leading member of the Bloodbowl buyers group? What the heck is that? I've
never heard of it, and I guarantee that I and the members of my gaming club
have been playing Bloodbowl and all the other GW games longer than any of
it's members. And when someone emails me claiming to represent the "leading
Bloodbowl pucrhasers of the world" I just have to laugh, as that is such a
spurious claim, and totally arrogant.

You go on to say that your "group" represents "most of the owners of the
largest BB collections in the world", another empty claim, which really
means nothing to me whatsoever. How on earth do you know what size
everybodies collection in the entire world is?

If I receive an arrogant, insulting or irritating email from anyone, I will
reply because I don't believe I have to take this kind of aggression from
anyone, let alone someone with the lack of intelligence shown by your
overzealous members. I would appreciate if you would advise the members of
your group to think before they act, instead of blindly believing that they
have a right to air their opinions of my auction methods.

I hope this concludes the need for further correspondence.

davidparrock

Just in case anyone wonders here's what I wrote:
Oh drat.

Well as one of the leading members of the Blood Bowl buyers group I'm sending this just to be a nice guy.

I'm not sure what other emails you got from the folks in our group or their tone. If they were beligerant I apologize. However, I should just let you know that the members that were emailing asking about your selling policies were members of a group of 54 of the leading Blood Bowl purchasers in the world.

As a long term member of Ebay, I agree that you have the complete right to run your auctions as you see fit (would never argue that for a second).

However, I just wanted to make sure that you knew to things just for the
record:
1) The 54 members are not children (average age is 35).
2) The group actually has a great deal of cash behind it. The members include most of the owners of the largest BB collections in the world.

I run http://www.midgardbb.com for instance. My collection was just featured in Blood Bowl Magazine #4. I was very interested in your auctions to fill in a few holes in my collection.

I'm hoping you get more than your starting price for your auctions, I would never wish a fellow Ebayer less. However, unless derwasp, paintbeast, or darthnoir (3 of the larger BB collectors in the world, not part of our group), I'm not sure it will happen.

As I said, you have the complete right to run your auctions your way (ie no PayPal, and no sales to Europe); however even if members of the group sent you not the greatest/friendly emails ... its really not cause to insult them back. Brand new 11 members teams sell for about 20 BPS in the UK online store; its going to be a shame if you only get a little over this for amount for 2nd edition out-of-print figs as they are worth of major bit more than that (I helped with retail sales of 2nd edition figures for one of the major online miniatures stores for a year).

Good luck on your auctions,
Tom Anders (aeip94)
I'll let the reply from David speak for itself.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Many thanks Gazlak... As you said, the reply speaks for itself. If a TBBer win this auction, it should be interersting to have his feedback on.

You would have told him some of us shouldhave burnt between 500 and 1000 USD this year in buying minis...

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The funny thing is that I can sit back and laugh about all this.

I really do know almost all the major BB collectors (talking $1000+ USD spent). If Darthnoir and Paintbeast participated in TBB we had a quorm ... pretty sure of it.

Any auction that has gone for major dollars on Ebay I've known or had email conversions with the top 3 bidders in the last few months.

To me on all of this the humor comes from the fact that he thinks I'm arrogant because I'm making false claims .... whereas the arrogance comes out in his unwillingness to even try to talk sense and the fact that he believes his gaming group has been playing longer than all of us. Ah well. It takes all types to run the world .... glad to see folks who willingly shot themselves in the foot are not limited to the US.

Just sorry to see this guy is actually getting bids.

Galak

CoachGorbad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachGorbad »

Guy sounds a bit like a jackass to me. But you're right. Its his sale to regulate. But I also think that if we all agree that we won't buy from him, it wouldn't be illegal. He give no respect, we don't give none either. Funk him and his poorly painted figs. :evil:

Gorbad
Coach of the Gutstompas
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

HumM... Calling a boycott on an auction... Legal or not? The question would be very interesting, considering we would be at crossroads between a load of differents rules and laws.

There were something like this in France: a firm made really bad businees on internet, and some customers put their feedbacks on customers boards: even if the claims were real, the board webmasters lost their lawsuit against this firm. So I think we have to be very prudent and careful, there.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Boycotting this auction...

Post by BigD »

In the UK and NZ it is legal, I have the right to NOT-BUY and encourage others to not purchase/bid/hire services/product from any person or company I like. Provided I'm not slanderous about it theres nothing they can 'Legally' do. The reason I know is I've done this in the past with a company I had some 'issues' with regarding work etc. Had to get my lawyer involved and did okay on that. One of the reasons I have an interest in legal formalities

BigD

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay guys ... David is calling a truce. I sent him another email ... this one even more polite than the last one, and explained a couple things.

1) I'd call it a tie as for time playing BB if he remembered have to punch out cardboard players to play.
2) I showed him the BB Troll that just went for 76 BPS and let him know that the winning bidder was one of the folks he thought had no buying power.
3) Just said that it was normal for us to ask for some rulebending and that we normally have good luck with it.

Response from this morning:
Tom,

I've been thinking about these issues all day long, and i think I owe you
and your group a bit of an apology. I am sorry if i have seemed intransigent
in my system, but there are many past examples of failure in regards to
european buyers on my record. I have relented three times and excepted
european bids, and all three times I have been burnt, no money has been
received and negative feedback left when I don't send items out.

All of this has made me wary of altering my stance with regards to european
purchasers. I will make you and your group a deal, however. I will relent
and sell to your members, as long as the following criteria are met;

* All bids are paid in US$ cash or UK£ cash/cheque
* The member identifies himself/herself as a member of your group
* All past disagreements are forgotten when feedback is handed out, to be
fair to both parties.

If your members still wish to bid on my auctions, they can, but only if
these criteria are met. I hope we can find some common ground for
discussion.

davidparrock
Seems fair to me. I don't know if this apology is enough for DFC and BigD, but it works for me. Lord knows I've gotten heated with BB members before that after a few emails back and forth allowed us to call it good ... gken1 from here and I had several pm "disagreements" over figs. In the end, I still like and respect gken1, so I'm willing to call truce here with David ... still wish he took PayPal.

So if anyone from Europe wants to bid on this stuff as its going for a bargin right now from all of this just PLEASE be 100% willing to follow through on the auction and follow the rules that David laid out above. When you bid, zap David a quick email using the send question to seller option and just let him know that you are part of the Bloodbowl Buyer's Group and are sending this email to let him know your are from [insert country here] and are sending this email as part of the deal that he stated with our group.

I might bid on the dwarves as they are just too cheap right now, but I'm not declaring a GA at all as I'm waiting to see if you all agree to a truce with the man. .... that and I'm trying to talk him into letting me pay 5% extra to use PayPal to pay him as just do not do cash through the mail anymore.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Other note, I offered David to kick the virtual tar out of anyone from the GA group that now bids and then doesn't pay or who threatens negative feedback unjustifiably.

Now since David is still requiring cash or cheque mailed to him ... I HIGHLY recommend sending the payment in a manner that can be tracked. Having this whole thing blow up over dishonest postal employees isn't the way to go.

Galak

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

These auctions...

Post by BigD »

Glad to see somebody was able to talk some commonsense into him. Good on ya Galak! Hopefully somebody in the group will now pick it up. I'm not after any of these myself but there are some nice figures there, that was never the problem. I was just a bit pissed of as he painted all Europeans with the same brush! Thats what got my goat up, that and being called a bunch of kids! Also in my opinion he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about. At least in regards to the type of collectors there are around these parts.

Thats it for me. Somebody grab them though if you need em

BigD

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

This has been an interesting topic to follow. Galak shows that being polite all the way through usually pays off.
I just hope I could do that everytime I get tempted of going personal in communicating with people... I honestly try, but sometimes you just can't resist... Although it's a known fact that the brief satisfaction of having said something to someones face is usually not worth it.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]