An unknow ogre/troll for sale ?

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

An unknow ogre/troll for sale ?

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

UK and US TBBers, you should take a look on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1784507242

and also on the other auctions of the seller... I sent him an email in order to know if he would accept a bid from france but he refused to (but accept bids from US... Silly or not ? I figured there are same risks... it's finally happy i don't have to make trnasactions with someone like that).

There are 2 Ogres 3 on this one, but also a converted guy, I suppose... I think it's an ogre shaman, with a converted shouldpad (2nd from right)... What do you think about it, guys ?

EDIT: just received the reply of the seller... God, the auciton is nice, but because I said I've made a lot of international transactions, and I find funny the fact a newbie should bid on, the guys said I'm arrogant and find I was insulting! Whereas I also said "no worries!"

I'm all the more happy to know that TBB guys are also english ;)

Reason: ''
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

This auction...

Post by BigD »

Well I've gotta say the seller is a pillock! Pure and Simple! If you don't take international buyers then you don't make anywhere near the amount you could. Flamin fool!

BigD

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Maybe he just doesn't like the french, but hey, who does? :wink:

No, seriously I don't see the problem. I mean, the buyer pays for shipping, so if I was selling an item I would be happy to send it to the moon, as long as the guy was paying for it.

And no, I have nothing against the french. Even had a girlfriend in France once.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I don't bid on auctions that don't take PayPal ... no matter how much money I have to throw at it.

I've talked users into taking PayPal when I really wanted something, but this guy can just sit and spin for all I care since he lauched into my buddy, DFC.

Galak

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Galak,

I agree with you completely hence the email I sent to the seller as well. Told him to not be surprised when all he got was £20 as the rest of us aren't going to bid but boycott the sale due to the rough treatment of DFC. Didn't mention DFC by name but I'm looking forward to the response LOL

BigD

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

lol

many thanks guys ;) It took me some times to see on the dictionnary what "buddy" means, and I must admit I was very moved! Really.

But I didn't post it in order to collect sympathy ;). It's not xenophobia, because he would accept US bids... It's as risky as sending items in Europe... And except 2 times (some minis which a friend told me it seems to be recasted, at least spoiled, and a little bit late), I was very positively noted by sellers/buyers... Well, problem sorted. When he sen tme his flaming email, I sent my point of view... I can' t believe BigD sent one ! lol Hey, TBB guys, please stop here ;)

Hum. He should be a very kindful with UK and US buyers... maybe you're right Horekim: he should not like Europeans (I mean, except those ones who live in this beautiful island ;)). You should take a look to the auction, it's a really nice one. Forget the seller, think about minis ;) He has some other nice lots.

Back to the topic, what do you think Galak about the 2nd mini from right ? IMO it's a conversion from a Warhammer ogre shaman, but not sure ?

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

you should see the ogre I talke dabout here:

http://www.sodemons.com/rhogres/indexc23dh.htm

Ogre Shaman 074601/5

I think this is the second from right, but not sure.

Take a closer lookon the auction, it's a really nice one... If I were english, I would bid ;)

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Yes, I saw that auction. That Ogre is easily recognizable. It's not some undiscovered BB Ogre. There are a few Warhammer Ogres that lend themselves to BB easier than that one though.

My question would be, "Why this lot?" None of those minis are all that rare. Each and every one of them shows up pretty regularly. If you get a great price, that's one thing. If the seller gave you grief, SCREW HIM! At the very least forget about him. Who cares what he's got that he's selling. There are hundreds of sellers out there that have stuff we want/need (oops, my obsession is showing) that will treat you fairly. I don't know what was said or if it was a misunderstanding but if your gripe is legitimate, put him on the list and no one will buy from him till he changes his way of doing business.

Have fun!
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum, that's what I tried to say: I have a bad experience there but it should come from blablabla... You should try for yourself. It should be a misunderstanding. of course, now I don't care, and that's why I put the auciton there in order to point to tbbers who wouldn't have seen it that's a good deal.

THe lot is nice, if the price stays low. nothing really rare (2 ogres 3), but a bargain at £20.

Hum, it makes me think I didn't have time due to circumstances (All Saints Day) to have nice pictures. will think about it soon ;).

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Oh you gotta love this PRATT!

Post by BigD »

Folks,

I've just had a beautiful email from this guy. I'd tried to be reasonable but decided it just ain't worth it. Lets just say I've expressed my opinion in a not-so-nice way LOL

Heres the response I had from him:

I've done up until now without your little group of children, I think I can
survive. Ebay is a hobby to me, not my entire life, and if I choose to keep
things simple, then that's my decision, and I won't be brow-beaten by a few idol threats to boycott my auctions. I don't need your bids, thanks all the same.

----

Now I didn't make a threat but the think the toys are on the floor? LOL Sorry DFC, hope I didn't drop you in a pile of it but tried reasoning with this guy. Guess like a few people I know 'International' is only the USA or more it doesn't include Europe

BigD

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

The seller's name is davidparrock.

I'll leave it up to all of you personally what is your best course of action to take on this one.

Technically, this is auction interference and Ebay could ban BigD, DFC, and others for this, so I won't openly say you should not bid.

Look at the information and decide if it worth it for your cash.

As Snots said, none of these minis are rare so they'll be around again multiple, multiple times.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I do a lot of consumer relations type work with my job. Sent the seller a VERY friendly email with a query about his auctions. We'll see what response I get.

Too bad too ... that Dwarf team was of interest to me, but the terms of sale and attitude add to much to the "virtual" price of the auction.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

(Having read the post prior to editing, I can see the reason for doing so.)
Personally, I won't be bidding on any of this guy's auctions.
"Idol threats" gave me a funny mental picture and made me smile though!

Hmm...here's a thought. Could the GAs be construed as auction interference? Could be treading a fine line...

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Galak,

You're right of course, Ebay could ban myself as it was me that made the statement to this person not DFC or anybody else. And I believe there's something called the right of free speech not just in the USA but the UK and NZ as well. If Ebay decided to follow up, which lets face it they're not exactly the best on corporate relations and customer service I'd be quite surprised and I don't believe I've broken any laws in my response at all. I have the right to bid or not to bid.

You'll have no problems at all with bidding on any of these auctions yourself as you're in the USA which is the only 'International' place he'll ship too as Europe etc don't count. It is his right of course but personally I think it very narrow minded but its not my auction.

I haven't mentioned TBB in any of this or the other interested bidders. I emailed him on my behalf and the interests of a few others who remain nameless.

He just pissed me off! Pure and simple. Anyway, whats done is done now.

BigD

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

Deathwing wrote:Hmm...here's a thought. Could the GAs be construed as auction interference? Could be treading a fine line...
i have wondered this many, many times in the past... last time i read ebay's bylaws, they were specifically against conspiratorial bid inflation, but vague on conspiratorial bid minimization... but i'm sure the lot of us could get banned...

iron chef kosher