The Lizardman Team... Earlier Rare 200 Set Edition...

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The Lizardman Team... Earlier Rare 200 Set Edition...

Post by BigD »

There seems to have been a few of these available in the past and with the last set up on Ebay going to another bidder I'm keen to find one myself.

I'm willing to pay well for this set so hoping somebody can help or may know of somebody with one for sale etc.

I'd like to get my hands on a complete set with 1 x Kroxigor, 6 x Saurus, 12 x Skinks along with the musicians, standard bearers and shaman. I reckon I'm probably clutching at straws but gotta try.

The new models are okay but I'd prefer to have the older nicer looking team. Gotta admit I can now see why they play so well after a game this last weekend. They ROCK! Having the strength of the Saurus with the agility of the Skinks is pretty cool! Way impressed.

Thanks in advance.

BigD

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Any pictures of this older team anywhere?

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The Lizardman Team...

Post by BigD »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1779449222

This is the only lot I've ever seen. I'd never even heard of them before then. DOH!

BigD

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Hmm tbh i prefer the one on the gw site :p

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The Lizardman Team...

Post by BigD »

I've got that one, or more at this stage I've got 12 skinks as GWUK has blown the delivery 3 times so far of the 6 Saurus and 1 Kroxigor. So far they've sent me the wrong skinks, two Kroxigor's heads, 1 body and now I'm waiting on the Kroxigor Arm and the 6 Saurus.

I agree they look good but I'd rather have a slightly more unique team to show up at tournament. I'm also going with a non-standard colour for the team as blue is nice but not ALL skinks are this colour. I'm going for something a bit brighter but really just looking forward to playing them. They'are a great team.

If anybody does have one they don't intend playing with anymore let me know what you might want as a trade. I've got quite a few un-opened boxes of figures and quite a bit of earlier 2nd Edition stuff to trade as well. Let me know what you're looking for and hopefully we can come to some arrangement. I'm cutting down on the stuff I have as I'm running short on space with a new game I'm playing lately as well. Just got to get a bit of balance between the two. I'd much rather have teams I'm going to play that stuff just sitting on the shelf. Keeps the Mrs happy as well

BigD

Stingger
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingger »

I see your friend won ther auction :wink:

I thought I'd be smart and ask GW UK for what is out of stock, before
ordering anything....As I'm still waiting for a refund from August.

Guess what the reply was "everything is in stock" lol
But do phone before ordering....Hmmmmm lol
You have to laugh or you'd cry

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I don't know where you got you info Big D, but the set was sold only with 12 players (1 Krox, 5 saurus, and 6 skinks) plus 2 drummers and a shamon, NO standard bearer. I have a set available, as you know, but don't have 12 skinks (I think you will find it hard to get a set with that many skinks). Anyway, if you want to do a trade, I am willing.

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: The Lizardman Team... Earlier Rare 200 Set Edition...

Post by GalakStarscraper »

BigD wrote:I'd like to get my hands on a complete set with 1 x Kroxigor, 6 x Saurus, 12 x Skinks along with the musicians, standard bearers and shaman. I reckon I'm probably clutching at straws but gotta try.
I would like to mention this WAS NOT how the original team was sold at Games Day 2000. The musicians and the standard bearers were added in AFTER Games Day and are just WFB minis. The original team had only 6 Skinks if I remember correctly ... not 12.

Galak

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The Lizardman Team

Post by BigD »

Okay folks, sorry for my confusion. I've said 12 Skinks as thats how many you're allowed to play with. I like to cover all possible options. There may be a time where I'd like to do a team of say 8 Skinks with 2 Saurus and a single Kroxigor.

Thats the reason, I figure if I can cover all options then I'll give it a shot. This means two teams of course which I realise are going to be hard to find but gotta try hence my posting.

I have an offer of a team so far as well and have also found a musician on Ebay yesterday so hoping that auction closes of in my favour but looking for the others two.

Sorry for any confusion caused. Oh and Yes the musicians etc came out afterwards as Galak told us.

BigD