Crazy prices.........

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

To be honest I feel games workshops normal prices are crazy!

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

McDeth wrote:All i can say is unbelievable.
next week the same model will probably sell for £20
DFC can correct, but this Troll is pretty rare. It show up on Ebay on very rare occassions. I paid over 100 USD for mine ... (mostly in trade minis ... I think it was 40 USD and about 80 USD in minis if memory serves).

Galak

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

Gotta agree the figure is badly cast etc but then again, how often do you see if. If it came up at the moment I could probably go to say £40 or maybe offer figures as trade but not this price. DOH! Guess I'm not that serious at collecting. I'd rather keep my back safe when I sleep at night LOL

BigD

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Grumbledook wrote:On purpose or did you just miscount?
No it failed its MoT, But the money was enough for a night on the beer :roll:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

To be honest, I screwed up my math and bid a bit higher than I would have liked. I was tired and excited to see this guy. I do normally snipe at the last minute but I wanted to let all know I was interested in this mini so I just placed a max bid. I'm not too woried about it. This guy is pretty rare. I don't expect to see one go for 20 anything anytime soon but if he does, he'll be getting shipped to my house too. I suspect, though, e-dog11 will snipe this one away from me before it's through. Great buyer, just a real bitch to bid against. :cry:

There's not really much I can do about this derwasp guy. Big D has said that he is a legitimate buyer but his wife has left no feedback for him. He does retract bids. A lot of them, and none of the reasons are for what eBay will actually accept a retraction for. It's up to the sellers to report him for that. Is he biddding up his friends auctions? I don't know. It's hard to track down the auctions he's retracted bids on since it effectively erases all history of that bid. The ones I have been able to find are all for different sellers. I'm not too happy about him but that's life. We do pretty good trying to help each other out and I certainly appreciate it. I try and do my part too, when I can.

Those who PMd me, thanks for your help and concern.

Those who think I'm just nuts, well, I may just be. I must say, though, that the 2 rare trolls are the only ones I'd go this high for, and the one with the ball I don't think I'd bid as high for.

Have fun!
BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BigD »

I've gotta agree. I can't get into this sort of cash either for buying a troll that is just going to sit on the shelf. DOH! BUT if anybody ever has one for sale let us know. Maybe we can just bypass Ebay completely and bid on the board? That'd suit me nicely!

Does anybody have any idea has to how many of these figures there are around? I realise GW has it down as unreleased but somebody must have some idea, or at least I'd hope so

BigD

Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

You think this is bad...a GS sculpt onto a new Nurgle Obliterator of a picture in the new Chaos Codex went for $500 on eBay just today...

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

There are some people out there with too much money and too much time on their hands (not refering to anyone at TBB, of course).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I wish I had more time. Oh yeah, more money would be good too. :wink:

Have fun!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I have more money then sense and I don't have any money!

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Sorry to hear that. :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Grumble,

LMAO!

Thanks

Have fun!
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Pricey or not ? Definitively hard to say... In one hand if some people have cash to burn in minis (Galak, Snotsngrots, BigD, or me ... some weeks ago ;)), I don't see where the problem is... It's their only problem (also a little bit the one of their wifes, for someones, and the one of their bank managers, for the others ;)), IMHO.

On the other hand I should understand that some gamers, with a lot of cash or not, don't agree with it. Especially with Ebay ways, which means you may pay there £70 this troll, whereas it should come again for less... or more ?!?

But it's a fact this troll is definitively rare... I have something like a curse with it :cry: :lol: :lol: But it will be mine a day, ugly or not!