Why?

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Why?

Post by woodmeister »

You can get some cool BB stuff from the GWUS site but this stuff ain't listed on the GWUK....why?

I noticed the Commissioners Kit and the official Treeman to name but a few, oh and Thrud as well.

Or are my web navigational skills lacking as regards the GWUK site? :-?

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

They are affectivly 2 seperate companies and don't work as a unified whole, which seems stupid to me. So for some silly reason they don't offer the same stuff.

I thought that you could get any minitures from mailorder even like old second edition teams, it just meant that they had to get the moulds and recast some for you. Is this no longer the case?

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Er...

Post by woodmeister »

I hadn't realised they were effectively two separate companies that happen to offer some of the same products. Thanks for the info Grumbledook.

Have you or anyone else purchased stuff from the GWUS site for delivery to the UK and what was it like? Good, bad, fair-to-middling?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well i tried to but they wouldn't take visa. I believe McDeth ordered from the usmo not sure if its arrived yet. Apparently you have to use mastercarf, so i might have another go at buying the commish pack.

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Ah

Post by woodmeister »

Just checked the US web site and they do take VISA. Maybe they considered you an unreasonable credit risk. :D

If they hadn't that would have ruined me plans... :o

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

GWUSA and GWUK

Post by BigD »

Its not so much Visa which is the problem. The problem I've found is our post codes which on some Visa's don't match up exactly. I've had problems with my Barclay's card this way whereas the Marbles works perfectly. It happens on UK and International orders so not just a GW problem...

BigD

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Yes thats what it said when i put my visa in, that the postcodes didn't match. It has recently changed so i tried both a number of times. I even checked what postcode my statement had on it. Would think a large company like visa could sort this out.

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

ah...

Post by woodmeister »

Just placed an order with the GWUS web site.

It wouldn't take my VISA Barclaycard but it did except my VISA Barclays debt card. Odd, wierd, strange, vexing. :o But now I know why. Ta.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

What did you order and what did it come to shipping wise, cause their shipping chart seems to imply that its going to be $25 for the first 1lb. Debit is a whole different system to credit, not really surprised it took that, but i prefer to use my cc if possable.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grumbledook wrote:I thought that you could get any minitures from mailorder even like old second edition teams, it just meant that they had to get the moulds and recast some for you. Is this no longer the case?
This is no longer the case ... ALL 2nd edition Minis are out of production except some star players and the referees.

Galak

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Suppose its like the old squats for wh40k, can't get theses any more either.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Yep, ordered mine yesterday, so i'm not expecting it to turn up for over a week at best. I had problkem with the post code thing but it excepted my mastercard. I'll keeep you posted ( no pun intended ) as to when it arrives.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Do you know exactly how much you paid for postage, I understand they charge for the postage seperatly from the main order.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Yeah it says it appears seperately on your credit card but i had an e-mail confirming the charge, i'll reconfirm it when i get home tonight

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Suppose its like the old squats for wh40k, can't get theses any more either.
maybe a bit off topic...but

Grumbledook,...

do you collect also squats ? :roll: I do :D Again, not to play with, just to collect these nice minis. Got about 60 of them til now. Next decade , after painting all BB minis, i will start painting these :wink:

Traveller