Ebay - unique Lizardman team???

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Puggy BaconBreath
Rookie
Rookie

Ebay - unique Lizardman team???

Post by Puggy BaconBreath »

This guys claiming that he is selling a unique lizardman team, too pricy for me, does anyone know anything about this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1779449222

Ed

Reason: ''
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

This could be the same one that I have, can't tell because no pics. Before the Fanatic Lizzies came out there was a set that was being sold through mail order. It was casted from converted WH lizzies, no weapons, shoulder pads added, etc. There was a Krox, 5 sauruses, and 6 skinks (I think). I was told by the MOtroll that there were only 200 of these sets made (only 20 were available in NA). Anyway, this is probably what it is.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

:oops: Pic didn't show up first time. Yes, this is the set I bought. Like I said it's made from converted Wh minis and only 200 made. Don't know if it is really all that collectabe since not original minis (like I said casted from converted WH minis). If I didn't have one already, wouldn't pay that much for it. BTW also came with a 'shamon' (to be used as coach, apoth, wizard?) and 2 musicians (used as cheerleaders).

GO STAMPEDERS!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

That's the Games Day 2000 Lizardman Blood Bowl team ... Torg is correct only about 200 sets were made.

The buy it now price is VERY reasonable. This team normally goes on Ebay for 125 to 150 USD. I've seen them go as high as 250 USD on Ebay.

And Torg's comment about converted figs ... well the Amazon team are WFB converted figs also ... doesn't make them less official.

If you are a BB collector than this is one of the more difficult to get rare items.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oh and the muscians (cheerleaders) were added in AFTER the team was released and are just WFB figs (so they aren't really part of the team).

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

GalakStarscraper wrote:And Torg's comment about converted figs ... well the Amazon team are WFB converted figs also ... doesn't make them less official.

Galak
OK, so sue me. :P

If someone wanted to give me US$150 for mine, I would be willing to part with them. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Puggy BaconBreath
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Puggy BaconBreath »

Thanks guys, being soley a BB player rather than a collector this lot is :o but maybe someone else is interested?

Ed

Torg - You could always stick your boys on ebay then? :)

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I had 2 of those sets and they were a pain in the ass to unload. I have trouble with Galak's prices. If he could get it, though, more power to him.

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Snots ... I've watched Ebay ... I've never seen this team go on Ebay for less than 75 USD, and that was only once ... most the time it goes for just over 100 USD.

If you had trouble unloading them ... I'm surprised. The only thing I could think of would that the collectors have theirs now.

I'm not quoting prices out of thin air, I've pulled these from watching Ebay for a couple years on this team.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum Galak... I remind Paddleforfun has sold one which didn't reached the reserve price... Last bid was under 75 USD

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

DaFrenchCoach wrote:Hum Galak... I remind Paddleforfun has sold one which didn't reached the reserve price... Last bid was under 75 USD
I stand corrected ... sorry. Market must have died done. As all the major collectors have theirs now. ... Ah well. I saw this team goes multiple times for over 200 USD 2 years ago ... guess that was the time to sell.

Galak

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Galak,

Just curious, how many do you have? Are they painted, or do you keep them in 'mint' condition?

GO STAMPEDERS!
DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Of course you're right: it was its value. I just talk about the last time I saw this team on ebay. Do you think we should see the ame thing with the lizardmen cheerleader, and the resurrection skaven gunner runner :roll: :wink:?

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

This auction...

Post by BigD »

Are you telling me its the same person for the Resurrection Gutter Runner and the Cheerleader? That explains a bit but interesting in that nobody knows who this person is in real life? I'd have expected them to be a TBBer then, and they're not

BigD

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

last time this one came up on E-bay it sold for $75 Dollars. I should know, i bought it, complete with musician and all.