Ebay - unique Lizardman team???

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

BigD: no offence meant, it was a very private joke ;) I just want to talk about prices which seems sometimes stranger than DowJones, or what your want.

But seriously, it's very interesting to see that collector minis strat their life with a very high value and then see this valuye decreases... whereas they are still rare (I mean, Fanatic didn't release more GD Lizardmen teams since they were sold for 200 USD) ! I can't understand it. Galak, maybe have you got some hypothesis about it ?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Its simple DFC.

The big boys come out to play early. Darthnoir, BigD, PaintBeast, Gentka, you, and myself for example ... there are others.

We end up bidding against each other because we're not sure if we'll ever see the fig again.

Once the big boys have theirs, the market drops and the 2nd tiers comes into play.

Now the question you always have to ask is will the 2nd tier ever be allowed to play.

Examples: only one Lizardman Cheerleader or Resurrection Gutter Runner have ever been sold on Ebay. So the Big Boys were right to throw large sums of cash to try to win these (well the Lizardmen auction would have been VERY interesting if the Buy It Now had been left off).

In the case of the 2000 Games Day team, enough were made that the Big Boys got theirs and the 2nd tier was able to win ... thus the price drop.

If enough auction for Resurrection Gutter Runners happened, I'd expect to see the same drop by 1/2 in the Ebay price due to this.

Galak

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

At the end of the day its the old cliche " Its only worth as much as someone wants to pay for it.". items with intrinsic value of £75 might only go for £20 on the day, whereas in a bidding war for a must have figure it could get to over £100.

Sometimes its just down to pure luck

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Maybe you're right Mc Deth (you're thinking about a particular example ;) ?): luck is also something that is important, especially when using ebay (higly dpeends on the cash that collectors have in their pockets, on the place from where you're selling, ...).

A pure marketing/second-hand market analys, Galak. THanks for this. Very brilliant.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

Auctions on Ebay...

Post by BigD »

Gotta agree. Its worth whatever whomever is willing to pay. We've seen some interesting pricing as of late but I've noticed now is definitely the time to be Troll and Ogre shopping. Theres enough around on Ebay at present to keep most people happy and they're affordable. Just wish I was actively looking at present.

Interesting team by the looks of it but not what I'm looking for at the moment LOL At least thats what I'm telling the Mrs anyway

BigD

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Ah, Mrs BigD ... I saw she found your "reserve of minis" ;). Hope my girlfriend would never startt to count my minis ("Gérald, do you know how many minis you have ?" "No, darling, sure ;)"). I'm kidding, because I have a girlfriend who leaves me very quiet with it, for a lot of reasons.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

i don't even want to know how many minis i own myself! any scorn from the lovely mrs. swift over the waste involved could only pale in comparisson to my own self-doubts... i mean, honestly, why do i need four teams of wood elves... or 300 samurai blitzers... well, that's somthing else entirely...

if i hadn't sold almost every mini i owned (except the bb ones) back in college when i was hungry, i'd still have those crates and crates of historicals to boot... where the heck would i store that stuff! well, we may find out, i seem to be replacing most of them these days...

and how many cars could i have bought with what i've spent on miniatures over the years?

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

DaFrenchCoach wrote: Hope my girlfriend would never startt to count my minis ("Gérald, do you know how many minis you have ?" "No, darling, sure ;)"). I'm kidding, because I have a girlfriend who leaves me very quiet with it, for a lot of reasons.
:lol: I always tell to my girlfriend we will buy a kind of glass library to put all my minis when we live togheter... but she doesn't know how many of them are hidden in safe places into boxes. I think we'll need a BIG place to keep them.