BLOOD BOWL LIZARDMEN CHEERLEADER at ebay :)

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

traveller
Da Konstruktor

BLOOD BOWL LIZARDMEN CHEERLEADER at ebay :)

Post by traveller »

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1778405559

just saw this auction... :roll:

yes, i´m a collector. But not this crasy kind of a collector... or a rich collector for this kind of auctions !
:wink:

I´m wondering, who will try... he , BigD, whats´s up ? Wanna get killed by your wife :wink:

... but still good picts of the mini !

Traveller

Reason: ''
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

This seller also confirms that only 50 of them were ever made. So far i'm aware BIGD, Myself and Galak have got one ( Although i cant believe how lucky myself and BigD even moreso to pick one up). Anyone else pout there with one

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

Personally I can't understand why GW would only run 50 copies off one mold.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but that's one butt ugly miniature, collector's piece or not.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

GenoNBBL wrote:Personally I can't understand why GW would only run 50 copies off one mold.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but that's one butt ugly miniature, collector's piece or not.
I must admit the quantity seems to be questionable to say the least. I know at one point TH Lapin and Anthony TBBF had 4 of these cheerleaders at a convention just given them by Fanatic ... seems odds that they would have been given almost 10% of the run of such a rare fig.

There is NO question that the fig is rare and the 50 could be true ... example (I talked to the guys at GW US) and the SWEAR that only 50 copies max were every made of the Games Day 2000 Lizardman team (but that was 9 figures) ... so 9 spots in the model at 45 to 50 spins is not unreasonable.

The only way 50 copies of this fig makes sense is if GW was doing some test spins and Fanatic snuck the cheerleader into the test spin model and then the whole mould was never actually used for production ... could happen ... just not sure it actually did. I'm not sure if Andy Hall could answer this one or not, but I'll try to ask him.

Galak

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I should understand it's a rare mini, but I'm not sure, without offence meant for your sources Galak, that this one has been made in 50 ex. only. Or in this case, there are really lucky men in this area !

For example, the small spike trophy has been cast in 500 ex. How many here have one ? You, and another TBBer... But maybe this example isn't the good one, considering it's an old mini, whereas this one is more recent.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The lizardman cheerleader on Ebay...

Post by BigD »

This figure is definitely very rare. I've spoken to GWUK and GWUSA. GWUSA hasn't had them and were keen to find out more about it so I checked back with them a week later. I was told that yes it is a 'BloodBowl' figure but they had never had them for sale in the USA.

I spoke to GWUK again and got told I was lucky to have it as they're not available and won't ever will be. It was a very limited run and only meant for GW staff themselves as it was a one-of only. I couldn't get any more details about it unfortunately.

Fraid thats all I know. If I hear more I'll post it here

BigD

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

Post by woodmeister »

GenoNBBL wrote:Maybe I'm wrong though, but that's one butt ugly miniature, collector's piece or not.
Couldn't agree more. Yak!!

And the price is just daft... :-?

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Hum, BigD, sure this mini is highly rare, but I only try to say I ound funny McDeth, Galak, THLapin, and you have one or more in very "special conditions" or as ar I know, both of you (Mc Deth and THLapin).

I can't remember how was the lizardman cheerleader on the Fanatic website when they posted this picture with the skaven gunner runner... THe same, I guess, but can't remember.

BigD
Star Player
Star Player

The lizardman cheerleader on Ebay...

Post by BigD »

You're probably right. I just wish I could find my Skaven figure having done the tournament. DOH!

BigD

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

I reread my message, and it should be confusing: this mini is rare. I only want to know

1/ If 50 minis only were made (some rumours about the GD lizardmen talked about more, finally)
2/ I only want to point that the 2 TBBers who had these had them not by giving a pile of gold. But I suppose that when the Spike trophy mini, for example, has been released, a lot of guys had them easilier than now !

Stingger
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingger »

The spike trophy mini....is that the one with the dragon type handles?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

no its this one that i had the honour of winning with my undead

looks nice huh

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

It is very nice, a friend of mine has one so we're lucky to have one in our league, plus we've got 3 Blood Bowl trophies (which seem to be more common)

Was there ever a Dungeon Bowl or Chaos Cup produced?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The guy in the GW store in Amsterdam swore blind that he owns a GW produced Chaos Cup. Personally I've never seen one (or even a picture of one). If such a thing exists, then it's probably not bad odds that the Dungeonbowl Bowl does as well.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Well when i won that spike one the portsmouth games workshop where i won it only had them and the blood bowl one.