Did someone want a cheap Tree-man?

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Stingger,

I wouldn't just buy anything from anyone because they said it was official. I do a lot of research before I buy anything that goes in the museum.

First, he's got to prove this is a Dale Hurst treeman ... if he can do that, then I have step two which would be to contact Dale and see if it makes sense that this gentlemen now owns it and if I can get documentation to go with the fig after I purchase it.

Just because I collect doesn't make me an idiot with my money.

As to your 10 BPS treeman ... sorry ... well painted stuff normally sells well on Ebay .. you never know.

Galak

Reason: ''
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Many thanks for your reply Galak !

I didn't think it was a scam, I was just wondering, not knowing the intricacies of the BB world pretty well.

As you just explained it to me, if it's really painted by this famous Dale, that a fair price.

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Do you think (I know Traveller and a few will ).......I could sell a Blood-Bowl magazine as "originally held up by GW UK staff....pic of them throwing around the office..incredabley delayed but here now....it has "history" .....£50
hm , maybe my english isnt so good. But i don´t understand what you are talking about ?!

Normaly i don´t care if a minis is a mini "with history" because i will strip the paint anyway :roll: No painted mini from other painter in my collection... and i got over 1200 minis right now ! (ok, some minis still waiting to be cleaned up :wink: ) I will pay sometime more for a mini to complet a team finaly. AND I SAY sometimes... :wink:

About "background" informations like BB books, BB gear,... i dont care if someone of "GW Staff" is playing Blood Bowl with Magazines or what ever :lol: ... and i knew as graphicdesigner how to "prepare" pictures like this looking real :roll: ... if i buy, then just to collect something interesting for me.

about painting like the "old" master like you can find picture of at the old WDs... Some of these minis are painted sometimes not sooooo good. To copy some of them should be no problem. Just put some dust on it later... :wink:

Traveller

Stingger
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Stingger »

It was joke Traveller :lol:

Fair point Galak...it was interesting to hear the research you do :)
guess you are the "fountain of knowledge" to go to if un-sure about
any mini...which is good to know :)