unwanted plastic players

Got some kit to sell? Looking to buy? Then check here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

unwanted plastic players

Post by valedictor »

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any old plastic BB minis that they don't really want? I know they are seriously unfavavoured by a lot of serious collectors, but i'm more than happy to use em in my games. I have quite a few Warhammer 40K metal miniatures that i have no real need for (the old harlequin box set, eldar guardians, space marines, etc) And would gladly swap these for plastic miniatures, which would at least get used regularly, rather than just sit in a box as the Warhammer stuff has done for god knows how long!

Have encountered a few extremely kind and generous guys on here already who have offered to help me out with some unwanted plastics, but am still keen to acquire a few more for my girlfriend and friends to paint and use. Am particularly looking for the dungeonbowl elves and dwarfs, the 2nd ed. humans (more like giants in terms of the scaling now!) :) and also the 3rd ed. humans, as mine were mostly massacred in conversions long long ago... But really, anything would be great.

So, if there is anyone out there who collects 40K as well as BB, and would like some really nice metal miniatures in trade for some unloved plastics, please pm me. Also have some early 40K literature (the rogue trader rulebook, army books, etc, if they are of interest...

Cheers! All the best, John 8)

Reason: ''
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

could be that there are some plastic minis in my drawers. I will check it out. If i remember right, i got some plastic ones of orcs and human. Which kind of 40 k metal minis do you have ? sometimes i´m collecting old SM, if the posing and thre details are nice.

Traveller

Martin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Martin »

Well I've got 8 3rd edition humans. Two throwers and six linemen. They are primed white. If you are interested let me know.

Martin

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I have a few 2ed humans and orcs, but I don't think amyone is interested in those (these plastic minis really suck, well the orcs do amyways).

GO STAMPEDERS!
valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by valedictor »

Cheers for the replies guys :)

What i am really looking for are full teams of plastic players (12 or more players), particularly dwarfs, elves, and 3rd ed. humans. (in no particular order of preference). Would also consider the 2nd edition humans and maybe even the awful 2nd ed. orcs (with a little bit of carving and conversion i have actually managed to make some of them look passable believe it or not!) although i already have quite a few of these guys already from some other kind souls on here :)

Just had a look through my miniature boxes, and I had the following stuff to trade:

Harlequins (Regiments of Reknown) box set from about 1988 (i think?), still in box, 18 miniatures, cleaned up, primed and based,

Space marine assault squad (4 marines and 1 sargeant with jump packs and plastic accessories),

Space Marine Blood Angels Death Company, (9 marines and 1 Chaplain, with plastic accessories,

Ultramarine Captain(?) with some kinda fancy helmet, armoured cape and power sword held out to the side,

Eldar guardians and scouts, 12 total, all undercoated and based,

A couple of Tallarn desert soldiers, primed and based,

Space Wolves codex, 1994 edition,

W40K Rogue Trader rulebook 1987 edition.

Was thinking along the lines of 2 plastic BB guys for each metal model (does this seem reasonable?)

The Harlequins are really nice miniatures, so would only really be interested in trading these in the same ratio as above, but only for dwarfs or elves, or would consider swapping all 18 of them for a metal big guy or two, or maybe 3 or 4 2nd ed. metal orcs.... i dunno.. if any of this sounds of interest, please pm me, and we can sort something out.

Traveller, with regards that orc thrower you are looking for, if the guy i described on the other thread is the one you are looking for (one spike on his helmet, no face guard, lots of teeth!) then i would be happy to trade him to you for a different 2nd ed. orc that you don't want, if it means that it will complete your collection. I'm looking for any of the 3 blitzers, blocker 1 and 2, Thrower 3, Greaser, Ugroth, and Star Player 3.

If you have any one of these guys, then we can do a straight swap, provided thrower 1 is not especially rare... (i have no idea as to how rare he is, so i'll just take your word for it..) if he is rarer than the others, then how about my thrower 1 for any two of your other guys? Let me know if your interested!

All the best, John 8)

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

valedictor....

ok, first the orc thrower story. Maybe you can have a look at my website www.ruediger-rickassel.de. press the Button "Zinnfiguren" and then under the button "BB most wanted" you will find my wanted 2.ed minis. So you can confirm, if your thrower 1 is my wanted thrower 1. For this one i can give you orc blitzer2 of 2.ed. Ths minis is rimed (not from me) but not cleaned up. I would clean him und undercoat him again. About rare, i just use Galak expertise :D
If you have other 2.eds i m looking for just tell me...

About the plastics. I got all for different plastic teams (orc, human, elv and dwarf) as i found out (digging...) and will keep them as historical material of Blood Bowl. And noooo, i will not paint those ! :lol:
But i still have a team of 12 unpainted plastic orc (2.ed) and 10 unpainted and 1 painted plastic human (2.ed) for exchange. That´s the plastic minis i can offer.
Of your offers i´m interested in metall SM or maybe the 1987 Roque Trader. I dont like the plastic SMs. Are yours metal or plastic ones ? any picts ? The harlequins are quite nice for collectors, but i think you should keep them for better deals than plastics :wink:

Traveller

[/b]

dakkakhan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dakkakhan »

Valedictor,

I have both the Elves and the dwarves you are asking for. I would not mind parting with them. I have the plastic Orc and Humans from 2nd edition too, but some have been touched by the conversion knife.

I have:
16 elves
16 dwarves
16 orcs - 8 of which have been 'converted'
15 Humans - 2nd ed. 7 of which have been Converted.

The conversions usually took the form of repositioning an arm, but I have to admit that was in my younger days and they don't look too good. :) I will part with partial sets if you want them.

Let me know.

Todd

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by valedictor »

Traveller,

Just had a look at your site... can confirm that i have the orc you are looking for. Don't worry about the rarity of the miniature... if you want him, i'll swap him for your blitzer, no problem :) Don't worry about the plastics that you have... (but many thanks for the offer anyway!) :)

I will private message you with my address after i've finished typed this...

Dakkakhan,

Would be very interested in all the elves and dwarfs you have... what would like in return? Private message me with what you would prefer, and hopefully we can sort something out...

Cheers guys, hope to hear from you both soon..

John 8)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Valedictor,

hang on to your RT rulebook for God's sake... it's worth a fortune in the US....

If you doubt it, go to Portent and tell the guys there you have one for sale... You could pay off your mortgage... :o

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

Norse wrote:hang on to your RT rulebook for God's sake... it's worth a fortune in the US....
rogue trader... have you priced slaves to darkness and/or lost and the damned lately? i've known people who've paid 150 bucks for a book with a broken spine and pages falling out (the hallmark of any "classic" gw publication)

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by valedictor »

Well, posted an ad for RT on Portent, but still no interest... had a look on Ebay as well, and it doesn't look like they are going for huge amounts on there either. Maybe its not quite as sought after as i was hoping... :(

Think my flatmate has slaves to darkness and that other one...will ask him when i see him... were they the old chaos hardbacks, or am i thinking of something else??

John

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

yup, the old hardbacks....

the thing about ebay is that you have to catch it right when people want something, and you can't predict that... back when i wanted those books, i watched auctions on good-condition books fluctuate from 50 to 200 bucks a piece... for the same book, in the same condition, in the same month... ebay is more about luck than real value... just proving over and over that something really is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

either way, the old rt book is just fun to flip through, i'd keep it for amusement value...

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

yep, i like these hardcover too. I won the Hardcover of Fantasy Miniatures of 1989 and 1990 on ebay.... never told my girlfriend what i paid for them :oops: Just great to look at the old minis and what the people did with them already years before.... :roll: Just today i bought the new Hardcover 2002 at our local GW shop. Quite expensive but still worth for me.

Traveller