Underworld Cup '17 "Make Bloodbowl Great Again!" Nov 11-12

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Underworld Cup '17 "Make Bloodbowl Great Again!" Nov 11-12

Post by flyingdingle »

Underworld Cup '17 "Make Bloodbowl Great Again!"
November 11th/12th 2017
30780 N. Greenbriar rd, Franklin, MI 48025
5 game, 2 day tournament
This event will be resurrection style

Cost
NAF members - 40$
NON-NAF members - 45$(includes NAF membership)
This will include your own Underworld Cup pitch made by Matsbymars.com, Breakfast/lunch/Dinner on Saturday, Breakfast/lunch on Sunday, beverages/beer all weekend and a place to stay if you want to crash at Solomon's or Ryan's house(just bring blankets/pillow/blowup bed/towel)

Schedule:

Saturday the 11th
9:00 - 9:30 Registration
9:30 - 10:00 Draft
10:00 - 12:15 Game 1
12:15 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 15:15 Game 2
15:30 - 17:45 Game 3
18:00 - till whenever with Eating/Drinking/Gaming

Sunday the 12th
09:00 - 11:15 Game 4
11:15 - 12:15 Lunch
12:15 - 14:30 Game 5
15:00 - 15:30 Awards

First round will be random - after first round it will be Swiss pairings.

Things to bring
Copy of CRP, NAF Rules updates, Death Zone I/II(we have these if you don’t)
Field/Dugouts/Templates
2 copies of team roster for each round(10 total)
Dice(decide before game to use for the entire game for both coaches) Also decide how to deal with “cocked” dice before each game.

Note that NAF adopted rules/star players are in effect and NAF adopted portions of Death Zone I/II are in effect.

Individual Points
Win -- 7 pts
Tie -- 3 pts
Loss -- 0 pts
No overtimes will be played
Placing is decided by total points

Casualty Rules
Only casualties caused by blocks/crowd/fouling will count. Failed dodge/gfi/landing do not count.

Other Stuff:
Apo will work normally as per the standard ruleset including that it cannot be used on stars.

Team Construction Rules:

Tier I: Wood Elf, Undead, Skaven, Orc, Chaos Dwarves, Norse, Lizardmen, Amazons, Dwarf, Dark Elf, Chaos.

Team Builds
1.15 mil team build (players, rerolls, fanfactor, all inducements allowed) Let me know ahead of time if you plan on using cards so I can have them available. Your card will change after each round that it is used.

After team is made:
Before round 1: Add 80k to the team
Before round 2: Add 80k
Before round 3: Add 80k
Before round 4: Add 80k
Before round 5: Add 80k

This money can be anything that could normally be bought(players/rerolls/inducements/coaches/ff/cheerleaders/apo) and upgrades may be purchased for players as well. No player may recieve more than one upgrade per round(you could have 5 on one player by round 5, but not on round 1). Money may be "banked" from round to round. No player may recieve more than two of the same stat upgrade. Rerolls bought after initial team build do not cost double. Each coach will add the assigned value(80) to their roster for each round prior to round one. Please note on your roster the round skills are added. The excel spreadsheet that allow additions of skills 1-5 is preferable. Please print two copies of your roster for each round. One of each round will be given to the tournament organizer and you will keep one. The tournament organizer will hand back your roster copy for each round for your opponent to use as reference.

Note: You may bank the money from one round to the next. So, you could save all your money from the first round and use the 80k from the next round to buy a 160k star that will remain on the roster for the rest of the tourney. You will just be handicapped on the first round and there will be no inducements added if there is a Team Rating differential due to banking money. You may not bank any money from the original 1.15mil roster construction. You must start with a rulebook legal roster including 11 players. This 11 may could include star players. Team Rerolls do not cost double if bought after round one. Note that there are changes to Humans in death zone I and Goblins/Chaos renegades in death zone II that are ineffect. New Stars are in effect if approved by the NAF. Grak/Crumbleberry and Black Gobbo/White dwarf are not allowed.

New skill 20k
Skill available on double 30k
+MV, +AV 30k
+AG 40k
+ST 50k

Tier II: Humans, Vampires, Slann, Nurgle, Underworld Denizens, Elf, High Elf, Necromantic, Khemri, Chaos Renegades.

Team Builds
1.20 mil team build (players, rerolls, fanfactor, all inducements allowed) Let me know ahead of time if you plan on using cards so I can have them available. Your card will change after each round that it is used.

After team is made:
Before round 1: Add 80k to the team

New skill 20k
+MV, +AV 30k
+AG 40k
+ST 50k

Underworld Cup Stars:

These are bought as a combo package for 180k

GRUMP
ST5 AG1 MV3 AV9
Loner, Wild animal, Bonehead, Really Stupid, thick skull, TTM, Foul appearance, big hand

Krakleberry
ST1 AG1 MV5 AV6
Loner, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, titchy, frenzy, MB, piling on, The right stuff, Off for a bite

Note that Off for a bite is modified for Krakleberry. On a 1, he must bite Grump if he is on the field. If he is not, he may bite any player. The thrall requirement is removed only for Krakleberry.

Note that the order or negative trait rolls for GRUMP is: WA, BH, RS. Once he is activated, all three rolls must be made.
Stunty Tier: Ogres, gobbos, flings, lizzies minus saurus and underworld minus skaven

Team Builds
1.25 mil team build (players, rerolls, fanfactor, all inducements allowed) Let me know ahead of time if you plan on using cards so I can have them available. Your card will change after each round that it is used.

After team is made:
Before round 1: Add 130k to the team

New skill 20k
+MV, +AV 30k
+AG 40k
+ST 50k

Special Effects:

Special effects and kickoff table will be announced later as an update to this thread. Stay tuned.

The new star player combo, Grump and Crackleberry, will be usable by all teams. Stats/cost will be announced as an update.

Illegal Procedure
In the spirit of good fun, NO illegal procedures will be called.

Tie Breakers (if needed)
Ties broken in the following order, 1) strength of schedule, 2) Head to Head record, 3) Net TDs plus Net CAS, 4) Total TDs plus Total CAS,
Awards
Awards to be given out:
1st / 2nd / 3rd place
Most Cas
Most TDs
Best Defense
Wooden Spoon

A special champion edition Underworld Cup board will be given to the winner. There will be goblets for all other prizes. All players will receive an Underworld cup pitch made by MatsbyMars.com. All players will also receive special tourney related items that are yet to be decided.

The Underworld Cup will feature a sub-competition which will be a "Coach Draft"

Team #1 will be "The Whitie Tighties" Captained by Bryan Tew.

Team #2 will be "The Loosey Goosies" Captained by Jeremy Morse.

After registration and before round one Bryan and Jeremy will act as team captains and "Draft" their teams. I will roll off to see who gets first round pic of one coach to join their team. This will continue until all coaches are drafted to a team.

If one of the captains do not make it(they are both coming as of now), I will have backup head coaches to replace them.

The Whitie Tighty Captain and Loosey Goosey Captain will be paired off randomly once during rounds 1-4.

Points for team competion:
Win=2
Tie=1
Loss=0

Additional Tourney Info:
Post questions here in this thread. Rules will be updated as needed.
You may also PM flyingdingle on TFF, zlurpee or NAF forums but preferably email solomonknicely at gmail dot com and mckennon at Mac dot com

Please email Ryan and myself your roster ahead of time. It is not required, but highly recommended. If your roster is receive prior to November 1st, you will receive one point toward the team event that will help either the Whitie tighties or the Loosey Goosies win.(whichever team you end up on will get the extra point)

Here is a link for the spreadsheet to create your rosters.

http://arosbb.dk/arosteamroster.zip

Reason: ''
flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Underworld Cup '17 "Make Bloodbowl Great Again!" Nov 11-

Post by flyingdingle »

Updated with Rules pack.

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Here is the pitch you get if you attend:Image

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Can someone buy the pitch if they can't make the event? Also, what is the pitch material?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.:-)

Winning... it beats losing.
flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

TheAzman wrote:Can someone buy the pitch if they can't make the event? Also, what is the pitch material?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.:-)
Maybe, depends on how many I have left. They are vinyl.

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Underworld Cup Stars:

These are bought as a combo package for 180k

GRUMP
ST5 AG1 MV3 AV9
Loner, Wild animal, Bonehead, Really Stupid, thick skull, TTM, Foul appearance, big hand

Krakleberry
ST1 AG1 MV5 AV6
Loner, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, titchy, frenzy, MB, piling on, The right stuff, Off for a bite

Note that Off for a bite is modified for Krakleberry. On a 1, he must bite Grump if he is on the field. If he is not, he may bite any player. The thrall requirement is removed only for Krakleberry.

Note that the order or negative trait rolls for GRUMP is: WA, BH, RS. Once he is activated, all three rolls must be made.

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

One more update: There will be team specific dice. One set for the "Whittie Tighties" and one set or the "Loosey Goosies"

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Dice!

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Trophies!ImageImage

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Dead pictures due to photobucket grubbiness.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Newscaster: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Channel 7 news at 10, your only source for Underworld news. We go live to President Grump’s first press conference as newly elected President of Underworld…

Grump: Citizens of Underworld, I want to thank you for having confidence in me to lead this great nation forward. As promised in my campaign, we will make Blood Bowl great again! As a start we will be hosting a YUUUGGGHHH tournament in a matter of weeks to kick things off. This will be the largest and best tournament that has ever happened. THOUSANDS of coaches will be there. It will be incredible.

Reporter #1: Gruash Snartblast, Underworld Gazette, is it true that you will be participating in the tournament?

Grump: Of course! Along with my crack dealer….errr…that is Vice President, Crackleberry. We make a wonderful team. Everyone says so. That statistics show that we are the best players ever to play the game.

Reporter #1: Mr. President do you think any coaches will actually hire you?

Grump: If not, they are dumb! I should tweet that out [reaches under the podium and tweets on his phone “anyone who doesn’t hire me is dumb”]. And for the record my hands aren’t small, they are actually very big.

Reporter #1: What will happen if two teams decide to hire you?

Grump: I’ll play for both. That’s how impressive I am, I can be in two places at once.

Reporter #1: The rumor is, Mr. President, that you are very difficult to coach and that your vice president tends to…bite people.

Grump: Lies. Totally fake news. I’m the most coachable player ever. Next.

Reporter #2: Whiskers Maggie, Skaven Monthly, don’t you think it’s a little presumptive to claim to make BloodBowl great again, isn’t it already a great game.

Grump: Not at all. It has become a total failure with the two guys who have been running it for the last several years. Shameful and disgusting. That’s why I’m taking it over, the citizens have given me a mandate.

Reporter #2: Mr. President, you won by only a few points.

Grump: More fake new. I won by like 90%. Just wait until the numbers come out, you will see. Our win was yuge!

Reporter #2: Were the previous Underworld Tournaments really that bad?

Grump: I’ve taken shits with more cohesion than those tournaments. I wouldn’t let those two idiots organize my sock drawer, much less a tournament. Next.

Reporter #3: Throm Stonehammer, Dwarven Daily, what of the rumors that there will be racial restrictions on the tournament.

Grump: Completely false! All races are welcome, though we will be building a wall around the Underworld nation to protect our citizens jobs, and the Dwarves will pay for it.

Reporter #3: Beg your pardon Mr. President, but I find that highly unlikely.
Grump: Nonsense. I love the Dwarves. Great, hard-working people. I have many, many Dwarf friends. The Dwarves love me.

Reporter #4: Scrupa Goblinchucker, Trolls Today, what will the refreshments and prizes be like?

Grump: Only the best food and prizes ever to have been given out in any tournament of any kind ever. Every coach will get a custom pitch, with the winner taking home a special championship board. That will be worth millions I assure you. Food and drinks will be provided along with plenty of covfefe.
Reporter #4: I’m sorry Mr. Presidents, what is covfefe?

Grump: You know, covfefe! When you take [mumbles] and mix it with [mumbles] and jam it into a [mumbles] and spray it all over a [mumbles], you get covfefe.

Grump: That’s all the time I have for questions, I will see you all on Nov 11th and 12th for the best Blood Bowl tournament EVER!. We are going to make Blood Bowl great again!!!

flyingdingle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyingdingle »

Make sure you get your rosters emailed into myself and Ryan if you are coming. We are going to have a very large group this year and will need to get these check ahead of time.

Solomonknicely@gmail.com
mckennon@mac.com

The most uptodate info can be found at:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2176303 ... _tab=about