Orion Cup 2017, June 24th, Toronto

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Stimme
NAF Tournament Director

Orion Cup 2017, June 24th, Toronto

Post by Stimme »

The premium one-day tournament in Toronto is coming up in a few weeks - the Orion Cup! This year's edition will be a 4-game tournament - turncoat-style, similar to the Belgium original!

Find all the information on the official NAF site or the Zuckerberg Book of Faces.

As always, we try to recruit new coaches (and old coaches who played ages ago) to the board game. If you live in the GTA or are willing to travel, this is a great chance to try your favourite online game with real models and dice. Don't worry about providing the hardware. There are lots of coaches including me that can provide you with miniatures and block dice.

765 Queen St. East
Lower level
Toronto, ON M4M 1H3

SCHEDULE:
09:00 - 09:15 Registration
09:15 - 09:30 Setup and trash talk
09:30 - 11:30 Game 1
11:45 - 02:00 Game 2
02:00 - 03:00 Lunch break
03:00 - 05:00 Game 3
05:15 - 07:30 Game 4
07:30 - 08:00 Awards and closure

COST:
$8 for dice and awards
The RT community centre is hosting us completely free of charge. As a thank you, I would like to raise a bit of donation money. $5 to $10 per coach would be great.

STYLE:
This year’s Orion Cup will be mirror-style: coaches will swap teams, including rosters, skill choices etc. for games 2 and 4. In these games, you will face the very team you brought with you! Besides that, the tournament will be resurrection-style, with Swiss match-making and 2/1/0 points for wins, draws and losses.

TEAM BUILD:
Each coach receives 1100K gold crowns, which can be used to hire players, cheerleaders, assistant coaches, star players, a master chef, and purchase fan factors, rerolls, apothecaries and bribes. No other inducements are available.
According to their tier, teams will receive an additional amount of money to purchase skills for their players. No player can receive more than two skills, and no stat upgrades may be purchased. Normal skills cost 20K, double skills 30K.

Tier 1 teams receive 70K: Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves
Tier 2 teams receive 110K: Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Pro Elves
Tier 3 teams receive 140K: Slann, Underworld, Vampires
Tier 4 teams receive 170K: Goblins, Halflings, Ogres

BONUS:
Each coach that submits the final roster to orioncup15@gmx.net before June 21st AND shows up before 9:15AM on Saturday will receive a free random "Miscellaneous mayhem" card to use once throughout the tournament.

CLARIFICATIONS:
We will be using CRP rules with only the following changes: Human catchers are 60K, coaches can “argue the call”, and Halfling treemen gain Timmmber.
There is no minimum number of players before purchasing star players, but you have to field at least 11 players. If both coaches field the same star player, both clones will play, but gain the skill "Disturbing Presence" for this match.
Important: all fatalities inflicted by blocks, fouls, secret weapons and crowd-surfs count towards total number of casualties (i.e. not failed dodges etc.).

NOTES:
The 2h and 2h15min time limits will be strictly enforced.
Please let me know in advance if you feel uncomfortable letting your opponent use your miniatures, and I will provide an alternative team for your mirror matches.

For your offline reading pleasure, there is also a handy PDF available.

Reason: ''