Kent Team Championship 2024, 2nd March 2024 in Canterbury (SOLD OUT)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Kent Team Championship 2024, 2nd March 2024 in Canterbury

Post by stewbacca »

Capacity has been extended to 30 teams. This is the most we can go to and will not be extended from there.

This means that there are currently 4 team spaces available.

As previously, if anyone wants to volunteer to be a spare or ref, please do let me know via a DM.

Reason: ''
MrRoberto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MrRoberto »

Any team spaces left?

Most casualties - Snotbowl 3, iowbbl speedbowl 4, IOW Speedbowl 6
Winner - IOWBBL speedbowl 3
stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

MrRoberto wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:49 pm Any team spaces left?

Hi - we have managed to extend slightly so there are now 4 team spaces left.

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

Just 3 of the additional team spaces remaining.

Gozza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gozza »

Checking there are still spaces available?

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

Gozza wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:11 pm Checking there are still spaces available?
Yes, spots for 2 teams are currently available.

I'm trying to keep the attendance list updated as soon as the spots go.

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Still have a space?

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

Magic Dave wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:19 pm Still have a space?
Currently 2 available. I know there has been interest so they might not be available much longer.

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

Can we take one of the last places please for team Ibbl. I'll get the forms and funds over to you this week.

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

ONE TEAM SPOT LEFT!

eldritchfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eldritchfox »

I believe we are now FULLY BOOKED for the KTC.
Will update next week.
Please post if you would like to be on the waiting list.

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Kent Team Championship 2024, 2nd March 2024 in Canterbury (SOLD OUT)

Post by stewbacca »

I can confirm we are now sold out!

If you want to be a spare player (we can guarantee games for you) or your team wants to be on the reserve list please let me know.

The roster submission template is available and the deadline is Saturday 17th February.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1814612279

I will be in contact with captains in due course to let them know any important info as we approach the day.

One thing to add: we will be able to provide some pitches but not enough for this many players - please try to bring 2 pitches per team to ensure that there are enough on the day.

stewbacca
Experienced
Experienced

Post by stewbacca »

I'm currently sending round a message to captains as below. If you read it here, please message me and let me know as I'm sending it out individually...

Kent Team Championship 2024 – Message to Captains

Hello! We are now about a month and a half away from the Kent Team Championship. There are a few things that I want to pass on to help ensure that the day goes smoothly.

I’m going to share this on Discord and then start sending to coaches directly. If you’re a captain and have seen this, please feel free to do a reaction so that I know I don’t need to send it to you directly. Ta!
1) If there is any missing player information, please contact me ASAP with it. What we require is Player Name, NAF Name and Number, whether they are under 18 (there is an award for highest placing under 18) and any dietary requirements. Dietary requirements is the most important as we will need to tell the venue soon so that they can start planning the lunches. However all of the rest of the information will help me to feel less stressed as we get nearer the time, and will be appreciated.

2) We will have a number of pitches available on the day but due to the fact the event became way more popular than we were originally anticipating, we will not have enough to cover all of the tables. Therefore, can you please try to bring 2 pitches per team (3 if you have a spare player) to help us ensure that we have enough so that everyone can play.

3) The roster submission deadline is Saturday 17th February. Please can you email them to skabbleague@gmail.com. There is a roster building template which can be found at the link below. Please use this rather than online roster builders as it a) allows us to check them all more easily and b) will allow Sann the ability to export it into a tableau and do super fancy things. Please please PLEASE try to hit the deadline. You have one month and my life will be a lot easier if this is done on time. Let me know if there are any issues with the template.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true
4) Spare player protocol on the day – you may have read this on the rulespack but I want to reiterate here, so that you are definitely away.

The priority for spare players will be to form a team in the event that any have pulled out to ensure that there is an even number of teams.

After that, they will be asked to fill on any teams that are missing players.

If they are not needed in an alternative team, then they will play against other spare players. If a player on your team is playing against other spares, your team will be asked to rotate your spare player each round so that we don’t have Dave v Joe being played 4 times during the day. Alternatively they can opt to sit out a round.

We have a number of spare players not attached to teams, as well as a number of teams who have a spare player. It is my hope that this will be enough to ensure that the event runs smoothly – please bear with us if there are any issues.

It is also important to note that for anyone to be eligible for any of the awards, they must have played 3 games for their team. Any spare games will count towards placing, most TD etc.

5) On the day, registration is from 0845 – 0915. When you register, please let me know how many players on your team will be attending, and if you have a spare player you’ll be asked which player would be happy to join another team if needed and if that doesn’t happen, which player will provisionally be the spare player each round. You CAN change the spare player during the day but I will need to know this before the round is drawn, so if you’re intending to do this, please let us know after the previous round’s results are submitted.

Captains will be given all the swag for your team, so if you’re not a captain make sure you get it from them. Don’t let that ne’er do well keep it all for themselves.
If for any reason you are running late please let me/us know ASAP. Ideally by DM to me but you can also post on the BBSE Discord channel or the event as hopefully we will be reviewing that.

6) Finally, we are getting a shield for the winning team which will have your name engraved on it and be passed on to the winners each year the tournament is running. The winner is welcome to take it home with them (and we can pay for you getting your name engraved on it) but obviously we will need it back next year. Returning it will be at your expense (either coming to the event, passing on to someone who is or posting it). Please don’t let this discourage you from taking it with you and proudly displaying in pride of place on your mantelpiece but just remember we’ll need it back. You will also get trophies each to keep.

7) If you have any questions, please feel free to message me directly on whichever channel I have contacted you.

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

17th Feb for rosters - got it!

Onyersix
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Onyersix »

Team IBBL acknowledged and constructing our team roster.