Batcave II - Monster Mayhem - 3rd and 4th November 2018

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Batcave II - Monster Mayhem - 3rd and 4th November 2018

Post by Valen »

Hello Blood Bowlers!

The Fourth instalment of the Mayhem will be held on the 3rd and 4th November. The torni has moved back to two days this year due to popular demand.

The event once again will be held in the Batcave in Blackburn.

Facebook Event

There will be six fun packed rounds.

General Information

Entry Fee
Entry will be £10.00. Please send payment via PayPal to gavin@suttonsfinance.co.uk. Could you select the 'gift' or 'paying a friend' option so we don't lose out on fees please?

Venue & How To Get There
The tournament will be held in the Batcave,

Batcave
Lower Cockcroft,
Blackburn
BB2 1JD

There is parking across the road from the venue that has a small charge, the venue is also a five-minute walk from Blackburn train station which is a 40-minute ride from Manchester Victoria.

Accommodation
There is a Premier Inn in the centre of Blackburn, be careful to select the correct one as there is two, this one is across the road from the train station.

Things to Bring with You
A painted team.
Your Blood Bowl board.
Dice.
Templates.
Two roster sheets (one for me, one for yourself and your opponent to refer to).

Rules

We will be using the current BB 2016 rules plus CRP pile on and Slann.

The Illegal Procedure and 4-minute time limit rules will not be enforced, though you may use them if both coaches agree. There will be a time limit for games as a whole though, so if you play slowly we may be forced to use a clock or have a result called early.

We will be using the standard "Resurrection" rules: teams remain identical from game to game, with casualties, winnings, fan factor rolls etc. not carrying forward.

Undead or Nurgle teams may not keep 'raised' players from game to game.

Team Selection
Coaches may spend up to 1,200,000 gold crowns on their teams.

Coaches MUST include one Star Player as part of their team. An exception to this rule are Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Vampires and Underworld teams, who may hire up to two Star Players as normal. Stars can be part of the 11-man roster. Stars that have appeared in any GW publication are allowed (including stars).

You may purchase any other Inducements except Wizards, Mercenaries or Special Play Cards as a permanent part of your team for their normal cost.

If a coach spends less than the 1.2m he will not be entitled to Inducements on a game by game basis.

Skills

The number of skills awarded will be determined by team type.

TIER 1 Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elf
TIER 2 Chaos, Chaos Pact, Elf, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Slann
TIER 3 Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Underworld, Vampire

TIER 1 = 4 normal and 2 doubles
TIER 2 = 5 normal and 2 doubles
TIER 3 = 6 normal and 3 doubles

No one player can ever have more than one skill and stars cannot have skills added

In addition to the above, this years event is the MONSTER MAYHEM, that means we want more MONSTERS (ie, big guys). So any team that includes a big guy (anyone with ST5 or more) gains an extra double skill. This is limited too one, so no fling teams with 3 trees and morg getting 4 skills.

Games and Scoring

The first round will be drawn randomly, with all further rounds using the Swiss system. The overall winner will be the coach with the most points at the end of the day - there will be no final.

Points are scored as follows:

10 points for a win.
5 points for a draw.
0 points for a loss.

Bonus points are 1 point per casualty and TD up to a maximum of 3 on each (therefore a 3-0 on td 3-0 cas would give you 16, whereas 1-0 and 5-0 would give you 14)

ALL CAS count towards your cas score.

Schedule
SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 - Registration
10:00-12:00 - Game 1
12:00-13:00 - Lunch
13:00-15:00 - Game 2
15:15-17:15 - Game 3
There will be a curry in the evening

SUNDAY
10:00-12:00 - Game 1
12:00-13:00 - Lunch
13:00-15:00 - Game 2
15:15-17:15 - Game 3
17:30 - Trophies and then home time!

Prizes
There will be some prizes for.

Winner
2nd place
Stunty Cup
Most Casualties
Most Touchdowns
Youngblood
Best Painted

Reason: ''

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Batcave II - Monster Mayhem - 4th and 5th November 2018

Post by lunchmoney »

Where is it?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Valen

Post by Valen »

lunchmoney wrote:Where is it?
Its there in the post lol :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

ooo, you! making me look silly ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Valen

Post by Valen »

Rules up to date

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Re: Batcave II - Monster Mayhem - 3rd and 4th November 2018

Post by firebreather »

Payment sent, my Ogres have a title to defend :lol: or I might bring something sensible like halflings.

Valen

Post by Valen »

Received pal

Mahwell skel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mahwell skel »

Hello I am hoping to come to this (my first tournament!) and am getting my team together but I am a bit confused re the stars. The stars in the almanac and the stars in the cards I can understand but I am thinking of hiring a star that is not in the almanac or the rule book, there is no spike for his/her race and not in the star player cards pack. This star has been in previous editions but I don't know when. What is the situation with this.

The only book I don't have is death zone 2 so I can't check. This star is on the NAF list of stars from NAF rules for tournaments from 1st February 2017 on the NAF site but I don't know if that is official as some of the stars now have adjusted costs.

Can you confirm where the definitive list to go off re costs and eligibility might be?

Valen

Post by Valen »

Mahwell skel wrote:Hello I am hoping to come to this (my first tournament!) and am getting my team together but I am a bit confused re the stars. The stars in the almanac and the stars in the cards I can understand but I am thinking of hiring a star that is not in the almanac or the rule book, there is no spike for his/her race and not in the star player cards pack. This star has been in previous editions but I don't know when. What is the situation with this.

The only book I don't have is death zone 2 so I can't check. This star is on the NAF list of stars from NAF rules for tournaments from 1st February 2017 on the NAF site but I don't know if that is official as some of the stars now have adjusted costs.

Can you confirm where the definitive list to go off re costs and eligibility might be?
Hi, which star is specific are you talking about, the one on the NAF site should be fine?

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Any final table/awards run down for this one?

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Only 8 people in attendance, I won overall, other awards looks to have been uploaded on NAF

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Thanks