Blood Bowl, Mighty Blighty, May 19th & 20th 2018, Notts

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Blood Bowl, Mighty Blighty, May 19th & 20th 2018, Notts

Post by Jip »

Couple more events (well, the same event, twice) added.

“Welcome sports fans! I’m Jim Johnson and we have some special coverage for you this weekend! The Mighty Blighty Underleague returns for a new season draft, a sporting event like no other, where we get to see the up and coming teams for this years Blood Bowl season. For those teams just starting out on their journey to the Blood Bowl, this event is a great chance to test their mettle against others doing just the same. Bob Bifford is here to tell you more.”

“Thanks Jim. Even with the newer players taking to the field it won’t take long for the carnage to flow! The tackles are just as hard, the runs are just as glorious, the players are just as dirty, and that’s before we start talking about the experienced coaches! For those of you interested in seeing the Blood Bowl champions of the future taking their first steps to fame, this is the event for you.”

Blood Bowl Mighty Blighty Underleague is an event for the new season of Blood Bowl coaches to play a series of games against like-minded opponents. The aim of this event is fun, where you and your opponent have a great time no matter the outcome.

Are experienced Blood Bowl coaches still welcome? Of course! All we ask is that you approach this event with the right intentions, to make sure any newer coaches can learn the game and have a good time.

During the day we ask you to keep an eye out for crazy and spectacular displays of sporting prowess. At the end of the event we will hand out loads of fun and interesting awards for coaches who’ve achieved this. This event isn’t a cup or tournament, it’s about the experience and taking the next steps in the game.

The New Season Draft is a one day event on Saturday 19th, repeated on the Sunday 20th. Coaches can choose to come to either event, or take part in both – a fantastic opportunity to try out two mini leagues with two different teams.

Event Essentials
Price: FREE!
Date: 19th or 20th May
System: Blood Bowl
Number of games: 3
Team Selection: See event pack

Additional: All models in your collection must be comprised entirely of Games Workshop miniatures and be fully assembled, painted and based. Each model must fully represent what you have presented on your roster list.

We understand that many new coaches will be getting to grips with the game, and are therefore on hand to support you. However we ask coaches to have a basic understanding of the rules for this event in order to play the games. A few games of Blood Bowl beforehand will improve the experience for you and your opponent!

You can book tickets here.

Reason: ''
Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Blood Bowl Cup, May 12th & 13th 2018

Post by sann0638 »

Looks fun. So much the NAF could (and no doubt will) offer to this, but unlikely to be taken up:
- lending teams
- info about tournaments around the UK
- general guide to tournament play, and that it is not big and scary
- NAF memberships, obvs
- tactics and strategy guides

And then, for good commercial reasons:
- availability of other miniatures

Ah well. Still a good idea, and hope to be proved wrong!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl Cup, May 12th & 13th 2018

Post by frogboy »

Jip wrote:Couple more events (well, the same event, twice) added.

Event Essentials
Price: FREE!
Date: 19th or 20th May
System: Blood Bowl
Number of games: 3
Team Selection: See event pack

Free Blood Bowl! Sign me up :orc:

Not sure I'd go for the first one at Warhammer Fest though. I liked going to the seminars and having a wonder around when i went last year. Think I'd do that again.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl, Mighty Blighty, May 19th & 20th 2018, Notts

Post by lunchmoney »

As this is a different event I have split the thread.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I'm going to Warhammer World... to play some Blood Bowl...

I'm going to Warhammer World... to play some Blood Bowl...

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Skitters
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skitters »

Popped my tabletop cherry here today - had a really good time with my goblins largely thanks to three very patient, friendly opponents.

A 2-0 loss against Dwarves, a 1-1 draw against a beastman team, and a Looney inspired 2-1 win over chaos chosen with a lot of rolls going my way. very happy with that!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Does anyone know if a NAF member won? For HoF purposes.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

lunchmoney wrote:Does anyone know if a NAF member won? For HoF purposes.
There we're no overall winners. It was a fun event. People won awards based on their individual results on the day, collecting points for various achievements like passing scoring sending offs etc.
Each round was drawn at random.

I really liked the event. Got to play some great opponents. Each game was competitive but lacked that pressure often found at NAF events. I would definitely consider going again and if ever running another event i would like to use this method over the rankings used in a lot of other equally as enjoyable events that i have attended.

Brilliant for new and old coaches.

Well worth a look at the event pack for anyone wanting to run a fun not so competitive event with opportunity for lots of prizes.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Rightio. Sounds like it was a fun day out :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

frogboy wrote:Well worth a look at the event pack for anyone wanting to run a fun not so competitive event with opportunity for lots of prizes.
I hadn't actually even looked at the event pack 'cos it's a bit of a trek, for me. Here it is, for those interested. I really like a couple of the ideas; would definitely have picked up the Barry Butterfingers Award once or twice over the last few months of playing my Norse! :o

Not sure I'd make my way to a tournament with this ruleset, but could be fun to play in a gaming club event, maybe.
frogboy wrote:...if ever running another event...
Bring back FoulBowl!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Jip wrote:
frogboy wrote:Well worth a look at the event pack for anyone wanting to run a fun not so competitive event with opportunity for lots of prizes.

Not sure I'd make my way to a tournament with this ruleset, but could be fun to play in a gaming club event, maybe.
Your mad. This was the perfect event to travel to... Plenty of people did and not just locals either :D
20180519_102300.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.