Foul Bowl 3 - CANCELLED

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Foul Bowl 3 - Cardiff - 28th July 2018

Post by frogboy »

Gaixo wrote:
frogboy wrote:
sann0638 wrote:It's got your name on it...
Well i can't apply for sanctioning without writting the rules, and even if i did why is it Sanctioned with no rules?

When was it applied for and when was the last time i visited the NAF site? Maybe someones hacked my account?
It was sanctioned based on the opening post of this thread, in which you suggest the rules will be similar to those for EuroBowl 2018. Given the profile of the event, I felt confident that I'd be notified if you'd gone a different direction with it.

Judging by the tournament ID #, it was probably submitted around the middle of last month. Unless someone knows your password or changed your password (in which case you'd be unable to log in), they wouldn't be able to create a tournament with your name on it.
Are we talking about creating a Tournement or Applying for NAF Sanctioning now?

Seriously loosing track of what this argument is even about.

So are we clear that I did not apply for NAF Sanctioning then? (If someone could show this to sann that would be great). Thanks for clearing that up for me Gaxio.

I'm sure people are getting bored of this now, i know i am. Jeeez.

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

And now onto some more exciting news :orc:

Foul Bowl has agreed to use 4 new rosters at the next event, avalible for download on the "My Dugout" App.

In conjunction with Andy Hoare and Games Workshop in an effort to gain valuable feedback on the use of new teams in a tournement environment (My words not theirs).

As ever I always look for the very best support when it comes to providing my punters with the most quality of entertainment. Rest assured that there will be the same colossal effort made this year to get the very biggest bang for your buck, with prizes, food, cheerleaders and everything you would come to expect from the current greatest 1 day Summer event held in South Wales.

There will be a prize for the highest placed "App Team" after all it wouldn't be Foul Bowl without a bribe or two. So dont miss your chance to delight in the crunch of a sneaky git and lift the covented Foul Bowl Trophy.

Foul Bowl, every little kick counts

Message from our new sponsor...
Screenshot_20171015-230118.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

frogboy wrote: Are we talking about creating a Tournement or Applying for NAF Sanctioning now?

So are we clear that I did not apply for NAF Sanctioning then? (If someone could show this to sann that would be great). Thanks for clearing that up for me Gaxio.

I'm sure people are getting bored of this now, i know i am. Jeeez.
We can do both, I think. You had asked a direct questioning about sanctioning, which I was answering for you.

I'm not too clear on who else could have applied for sanctioning, to be honest. Just answering your question about when it had been submitted and whether someone else could have submitted it.

Not trying to wind you up, Rory; just responding to your queries. Glad to stop talking about it!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Good luck with it. If ARBBL continues after next year (unlikely) it won't be a NAF event, so I'll keep an eye on this to see how much craziness people can put up with. ;)
(Very unlikely to be able to make it.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

Count me in Master Frog

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

May I ask a stupid question: What is wrong with you people?

First, Foul Bowl was sanctioned in the NAF system.

Second, the NAF sanctioning guidelines explicitly allow non-NAF-sanctioned races to be used. Only restriction is that the games with or against these races will not be placed in the data base and coaches may refuse to play against them.

Third, why are you taking the opportunity away from coaches to have their games (with and against sanctioned races) recorded in the database and also taking the opportunity away from people to collect points from the SWTC?

Fourth, why should the ARBBL be non-NAF, despite the NAF allowing the TOs to not use the new two teams for their tourney

For me this sounds like kindergarten and personal issue between certain people with the NAF to be thick-headed on principle. That behaviour is not bringing the game forward, but is childish in my eyes

Disclaimer: this is my private point of view and not the offical NAF-point-of view. Sorry for the rant.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

I don't want to get involved with most of that...but I believe that the answer to your third question is that he wants to run with the additional four teams available from the app, but doesn't want to have to have the inevitable flame war as a result of NAF sanctioning such an event.
By not sanctioning it, he can call all the shots himself and run another fun event like he did this year.

I think the thinking is fairly simple - either pay to go to the event or don't...

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

frogboy wrote:

Creating a tournament in NAF's webpage is applying for it to be sanctioned.

I don't really see what your problem is. If you want to include the 2 app teams, you are allowed, as Tojurub said. The only requirement in that aspect is that you have to include NAF's teams.

TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

Manuel wrote:
frogboy wrote:

Creating a tournament in NAF's webpage is applying for it to be sanctioned.

I don't really see what your problem is. If you want to include the 2 app teams, you are allowed, as Tojurub said. The only requirement in that aspect is that you have to include NAF's teams.
I dont think that is correct Sir. I just created a tournament on the NAF site and had to appy for sanctioning seperatley.

I will be at Foul bowl 3 rocking a human Nobility team. They look tip-top.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

TheVoiceofJericho wrote: I dont think that is correct Sir. I just created a tournament on the NAF site and had to appy for sanctioning seperatley.

I will be at Foul bowl 3 rocking a human Nobility team. They look tip-top.
It is correct. You create a tournament, and then wait for it to be sanctioned. If your full rules pack is available, it can happen very quickly. If a conversation is needed, then the process is slightly longer.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep, never had to apply for sanctioning separately in 14 events, and only had a conversation about one.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Apologies, please remove my name from the interested list. Wish you good luck and I'm sure it will be fun, but the tourney isnt for me (distance/ruleset). Thanks!

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Itchen Masack wrote:Apologies, please remove my name from the interested list. Wish you good luck and I'm sure it will be fun, but the tourney isnt for me (distance/ruleset). Thanks!
The rule sets not been printed yet? Thought you enjoyed it this year?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I should not be on there either.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler