BUBBA Bowl V - 3rd Mar - MAP on Pg 10

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: BUBBA Bowl V - Back to Bearsics - 3rd March 2018

Post by Loki »

Blocknroll wrote:was interested but playing against 60k of free reroll help seems bad :S
I've replied to your PM

Reason: ''
Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Blocknroll wrote:was interested but playing against 60k of free reroll help seems bad :S
Robin, I've had an idea; have a look at my PM and let me know what you think.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Loki wrote:
Robin, I've had an idea; have a look at my PM and let me know what you think.

I'll trade my cheerleaders and assistant coaches for a slice of that South Coast Pizza...

Seriously though, you can have mine if you want, re-rolls are for panzies anyway :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

I'll have 'em :wink:

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Hobnail wrote:I'll have 'em :wink:
Power gamer :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

It has been brought to my attention that for those considering coming to BUBBA now the original 'Early Bird Bonuses' make them feel hesitant, so I will be instigating the 'I was robbed prize'. This will be open to all attendees. I'll keep track of the number of time a coach loses out on a RR from the Kick-Off table (done on the score sheet in a similar manner to TD's, CAS's etc).

The coach who manages to loses out on the most RR's over the day will receive a prize.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Moar admin! Hurrah!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

Huh? This is pay to win surely. How on earth can that be NAF sanctioned?

Stunty Cup:
Big Bad Bloodbowl Barbecue 2 - 2021
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Please justify why this is pay to win

TheVoiceofJericho
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheVoiceofJericho »

You're rewarding people who pay early with in game benefits over those who didn't. You're not rewarding them with cosmetic items. This unbalances the game and gives unfair advantage to early payers.

Sorry but to me that screams pay to win. If the NAF knowingly allow this and approve it then they are not sticking to their own rules. Where's the consistency?

Stunty Cup:
Big Bad Bloodbowl Barbecue 2 - 2021
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

That's bit extreme...

You can say in that case that a tournament without tiers is "pay to win" if you play with tier 1 teams.

An extra reroll, if you get it, it's a small advantage. It isn't to give you the win.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Thrudball has been doing early bird bonuses for years and nobody has batted an eyelid. It's just an incentive for early payment in order to save TOs potential headaches about not being able to pay venue and prize costs in time.

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

Thrud Has, but eyelids have been batted

The comment about tiers is totally off the mark.

There’s nothing prohibiting such incentives in the naf sanctioning rules.

How’s that for a well balanced reply :)

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

TheVoiceofJericho wrote:You're rewarding people who pay early with in game benefits over those who didn't. You're not rewarding them with cosmetic items. This unbalances the game and gives unfair advantage to early payers.

Sorry but to me that screams pay to win. If the NAF knowingly allow this and approve it then they are not sticking to their own rules. Where's the consistency?
Given that trying to get Blood Bowl players to pay up for tournaments in good time is akin to herding cats, the policy here is eminently sensible. No one is paying more- those who pay early have paid the same amount, but paid early enough to make the TO's job much, much easier for purchase of prizes, paying for venue etc.

And the massively game unbalancing reward? A potential boost for 2 of the 11 Kick off results. Which get you, at best, an extra reroll. Hardly a game breaking advantage, is it?

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

Until I play someone in the final round to see which of us wins. They have the 60k inducements, and win a reroll over me. That reroll means they score a td they wouldn’t have otherwise and they win 1-0. Unless of course Merrick is right and people love to play with no rerolls ? Given people usually don’t do that, it’s safe to assume rerolls are useful. And
There’s usually more than one kick off per game so it’s a recurring possible advantage. If every opponent in a four game tournament has this advantage over me how many times am I possibly losing out? At least 8 and I’d have thought more realistically around 16-20 times
These rolls are 6 and 8 on the kick off table so the more likely range of results. And
Adding 3 to a d3 roll means I cannot win any of these rolls. Can’t even tie them. (Fame not withstanding)

If it was 60k to spend as you wish would you feel the same?

I for one would far prefer a cash discount on early sign ups (or extra swag etc) than any kind of ingame advantage.

However it might be best to continue this conversation in a different thread rather than here.

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022