Chimera Cup - Cheltenham - Dreamscreator wins!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Chimera Cup - Cheltenham - 7th Oct '17 (Teams on pg1)

Post by Wobert »

Finally an agility 4 team has gone as Jip selects Dark Elfs whereas Alatos goes Underworld. A slightly unexpected choice but with all that dodge maybe a clever one? Ok 8 coaches and 8 teams to go . . . choices getting very thin now - 3 Elfs, 2 stunty along with Chaos, Vampires and amazingly Orcs still.

Righthere we go again. Ah if its not everyone's favourite collector of wooden utensils! Will he be looking at the Chimera Cup one (which actually isn't wooden or spoony) and be purring for "my precious"? Leaving the shire once more but won't be able to take Halflings with him - what's Angry Hobbit going to do? I guess there are 2 other stunty teams left he can choose from.

His opponent is . . . .

Well, that's quite delightful! The draw has put together 2 players who I have no idea if they have played each other before, but it feels like they should at every event. We're have a Moot mash up people, it's a 'flin fight! A Hobbit ho-down! Next out the bag is only Mr Frodo.

Angry Hobbit v Mr Frodo - love it!

Reason: ''
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Well the choices are in. Both coaches opted for Woodies first and so get their 2nd choice. Mr Frodo goes Elf Union and Angry Hobbit Vampires.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Ok really getting down to it now, only 6 coaches to go and 6 teams and some surprising choices still on offer.

One of the big guns out the bag at last (No Twelfman, put your hand down, I'm still not talking about you). Ceetee has got to start as one of the favourite's for the Chimera Cup because he has such a good winning record. There will be more than a few glad to see him out the hat so late and so with such a limited choice on team. With Orcs and Woodies available he'd clearly going to pick Goblins right? One can but dream!

Hi opponent is . . . .

Poor fella, it's one of the locals. Kurt Lewendon is in for a hard ride in this match up I suspect. That said, its Bloodbowl where anything can and very often does happen. Kurt is normally a committed Lizardmen team coach. No idea what he is like with anything else . . . I suspect he doesn't know either! It's a big test playing something different and a bigger test playing something different against ceetee. Still, I love a good upset!

Gents - look out for the PM.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Ceetee opts for Orcs and Kurt picks Wood Elfs.

4 coaches left . . . . . Itchen, Gutrot, Twelfman and Drexl

4 teams left . . . . Goblins, Ogres, Chaos and High Elfs.

I'll do the draw for the next 2 later.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

What happen if the last two coaches choose the same team? It will be random?

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

With only 4 choices, coaches will be asked to put them all in order of preference. If they make the exact same ordered list I'll ask them to do it again but move teams to a different position. If this is still the last e same then it will be random.

First out the hat of the last 4 is the final local coach. George tends to play bash . . . . in the league his favoured outfit at the moment is Nurgle. Chaos may therefor be the best fit, but what do I know? If I were predicting some of the choices I would never have said Vampires would be gone but High Elfs still available.

His opponent is . . . . .

At last. Yes Twelfman, finally it's you, stick your hand back up in the air. Well looking at he options what's it going to be? High Elfs are the obvious choice but there's a good chance you'll both go for that first. I think at this stage 2nd or 3rd options may well come into it.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Speeding along nicely . . . . Twelfman opted for High Elfs and Drexl for Chaos.

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

And then there were 2 . . . .

This poor pair had to sit and wait patiently as everyone else one by one picked their teams for the first round. Gutrot recently won the Stafford Scramble and so will be feeling confident. His oponent Itchen recently won . . . well what hasn't Itch actually won at some point? It kind of feels like he's pretty much won everything in the SW.

Two teams left . . . .Goblins and Ogres. Some would argue it's not much of a choice!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

and we are done . . . . Gutrot takes Goblins and the former world number 1 with Goblins goes for Ogres.

We still have space on the reserve list if anyone is interested to cover drop outs or Bretts and Khorne if they get added.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

At first i thought Bomber Dribblesnot didnt have Bombardier skill, but i notice the box just isnt big enough to show all the skill on my screen. Do notice that the Ogre have Loner though. Hope that is an error!

Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

That will be a cut and paste error!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Hold on, Brets?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

Bretonnians . . . . what else are you going to shorten them to? Tonians? The Tonies? Actually don't tell Itch but it could be the Ians.

As I understand there is a vote for them and Khorne in September. If they are approved in time we'll use them, if they aren't we won't.

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

''Ians'' has been trademarked. Hands off!