Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 24th June 2017

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Foul Bowl 2 - Cardiff - 24th June 2017

Post by cornish »

If a halfling Stunty can take Zara a Underworld Stunty can take Glart right?

And is There a feeling on DZ S2 yet?

I'm almost certainly coming btw.

Reason: ''
NAF Name: Cornish
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

cornish wrote:If a halfling Stunty can take Zara a Underworld Stunty can take Glart right?

And is There a feeling on DZ S2 yet?

I'm almost certainly coming btw.

Thanks Cornish will be good to see you there.

The only restriction to stunty is the Team, so any Stars can be bought for them from their listed Stars, so yes if you take an Underworld stunty team (no skaven) you can take any of the current 6 stars listed in the Teams of Legend, CRP etc.

I saw on the Gert Bowl thread that Sann says The NAF will be making a decision on Death Zone 2 next week. So will follow whatever they say this year.

Personally I would like to include the new rules, but not even considered how balanced they would be alongside the Foul Bowl rules. TBH I think it would be a good place to try them out, some of them look really fun :D

Loads of space left for anyone wanting to sign up, 4 games 1 day, £15 including food, NAF membership available on the day from a NAF representative for additional £5 (not compulsory)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Have I not paid for this??

Thought I had, got the day off booked...

put me down buddy, Ill sort some Wonga on payday next week.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

glowworm wrote:Have I not paid for this??

Thought I had, got the day off booked...

put me down buddy, Ill sort some Wonga on payday next week.
Thanks buddy,

No mate last payment i received from you was on the 30th June 2016, so for last years Foul Bowl. Unless you paid using a different name to the usual one you use or the app isnt showing me the right infomation. Double check your end and i will check on the PC in minuite.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Some of the prizes arrived today thanks to Tritex games and also picked up a new Blood Bowl comic at Warhammer Fest today which was kindly signed by James Hewitt, Andy Hoare and Jervis Johnson.

Loads of space left to join in....

Full list of Prizes here - viewtopic.php?p=778058#p778058

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

That s some awesome looking swag :)

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks dude couldn't have done it with out Tritex Games, I got a few other bits to add from Firestorm Games too and also all the certificates which I'll get mounted up this week.

:D

Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

I might be able to make this, but won't know until very close to the time. Would a last minute decision be OK, or cause you inconvenience?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Your very welcome heartsbane, no inconvenience at all. Let me know when you can.

The more the merrier :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok NAF have ruled new Desth Zone rules are optional.

Im just going to take a little more time to read the new rules and double check everything but I dont see any problem with the new roster changes and Stars.

So yes to new DZ2 rosters and Stars.

Remember same restrictions to team building apply, 1 star max per team unless Stunty who can have max 2 Stars.

I can say no to new Referee rules for obvious reasons.

Lets go with that for now and like i said i'll check out the rest this week.

And before someone asks, the elf twins... Mmm still thinking this over ;)

More details here...
https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

frogboy wrote:So yes to new DZ2 rosters and Stars.

Remember same restrictions to team building apply, 1 star max per team unless Stunty who can have max 2 Stars.
I have THE goblin team for FoulBowl. Can't wait to try it :)
frogboy wrote:And before someone asks, the elf twins... Mmm still thinking this over ;)
Well, if teams can allow only 1 star... They are two elves, aren´t they?

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Looking forward to seeing it in action :)

I'm sure the Swift Twins are intended to be one star choice same as Brick & Grotty or Grak & Crumbleberry.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Payment received from Merrick, thank you.

Ok so have been looking at the rules again today, stand by for full announcement regarding changes brought about from Death Zone 2.

:orc:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Here we go Sports fans...

In light of the changes contained in the new Death Zone 2 gaming supplement I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the "rules" for one of the bloodiest battles *acme* I mean Sporting Events on the calendar.

In order to use rules for your team please bring with you the relevant books or documents clearly showing the rules you are using. This is so you can show your opponent during a game.

1) New team rosters are allowed from Death Zone Season 2.

2) New Star Players are allowed from Death Zone Season 2 as are all the old ones, also the Stars from Bugmans tournament can be found at Foul Bowl, rules for them are here:- https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploa ... sFeb17.pdf In addition Star Player entries such as the Swift Twins count as one star player, so may be used if room on the roster for two positions.

3) Only inducements from the Death Zone supplements may be used. We will not be using the CRP Wizard, but you are free to use any of the Coaching Staff from DZ1 page 38 also (un)famous coaching staff from pages 40 - 43 in DZ2.

$) Bribes are very welcome thank you, oh yes err bribes. Bribes cost 100k for all teams except Goblins which cost 50k. Rules for bribes can be found in DZ1 page 28.

4) Special Cards are not permitted, with the exception of Goblins who receive 1 free Dirty Trick (due to the cost of the free bribe), Teams are far too busy trying to kick each others teef in to take notice of any special plays.

5) No mercenary's.

6) Famous Referees DZ2 pages 38 - 39 will not be used, they are far to busy in the big leagues to bother with Foul Bowl, or maybe they are just too scared of the fans.

7) Stadium Rules, if you and your opponent agree, you may trial the Blood Bowl Stadium rules found in Death Zone 2 pages 31 - 35. This is optional and not compulsory.

NAF rulings:- https://www.thenaf.net/2017/05/naf-and-death-zone-2/