Albion Coast Cup XI Southampton 29th 30th August 2015

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Albion Coast Cup XI Southampton 29th 30th August 2015

Post by Blocknroll »

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE!!!!!

**********930 for 10 start Saturday, 930 for 945 start Sunday*****************************

Its been an interesting week, I contacted the bowls club to talk about finalising costings/bar times etc to be told that we dont have a booking. Apparently their bookings manager missed an emailed reply from mid May confirming we wanted to use it and as such had assumed we didnt. Disappointing, as was her rather rude follow up email to me. Anyway, every cloud and all that

Its been a bit of a mad scramble but we have secured what is probably a better venue in many ways its called
"The Hilt" and it is a residents association complex in Hiltingbury which my aunt assures me is a terribly posh area just outside Southampton. She lives there, so she would say that. Itchen may have a view, he used to drink cider in the rec there through his teenage and maybe younger years. I reckon it is less than a 15 minute drive from our previous venue.

Anyway the address is below, the website is http://www.thehilt.org.uk/

IF you are coming by train locally there is a station at Chandlers Ford which might be 10-15 minutes walk away
IF you are coming by train less locally Southampton Airport Parkway or Eastleigh railway station might be a better bet than Southampton Central. We can try and sort you out a lift either way, let me know asap if this is you.

There is car parking by the tennis courts, or by the Sports Pavillion just along from our venue. It is first come first served but there should be two or three times more than we need.

IF you are coming by car southbound on the M3 you will want to leave the M3 at Jct 12, any queries let me know the junction is a bit weird but not too weird.

If you usually come in via the M27 you will need to head north on the M3 to JCT 12 as above

If you are coming from Southampton (as you might be Sunday morning for example) I can provide step by step instructions if you dont have sat nav etc.

Other points to note, there will still be a buffet lunch both days, there's a couple of small local shops 5 minutes walk away, we will provide tea and coffee all day both days, there is full disabled access and toilet, the room is on the ground floor, and last but by no means least. You can bring your own drinks INCLUDING alcohol! Crumbs!

Hopefully this doesnt make anyone not want to attend, but if it is a big issue for you or you have any queries please contact me asap, it is still the intention to go for a meal on saturday night and that choice of restaurant hasnt changed (until they tell me they are fully booked and dont have room for us but we will cross that bridge later)

The Hilt, Hiltingbury Recreation Ground
Hiltingbury Road, Chandler's Ford
Hampshire SO53 5NP

++++++++REGISTRATION CLOSES Wednesday 26TH AUGUST+++++++++++

The Albion Coast Cup is back and its the ELEVENTH installment of mayhem in Southampton!

The Albion Coast Cup is a tournament like no other. Rich in history the ACC has run for over a decade now and for the fifth year we are proud to present the UK's only progression tournament. As a progression tournament the ACC is still NAF-ranked but each coach has a team to develop and build rather than a fixed roster of everliving players. As has been the case for a very long time now the Albion Coast Cup will be held on the August Bank Holiday weekend, so 29th and 30th August.

This also constitutes the penultimate round of the South West Tournament Championship.

FOOD ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT -> http://www.buffalo-bills.co.uk/index.php?pageid=6
I'd like to book us in here (fantastic place, but not big so will need numbers), will contact people ahead of time.

Remember that this is a little different to other tournaments so here's the detail:

The tournament will be run according to the CRP with the following exceptions, amendments and clarifications:
Starting Treasury: 1,050,000
Slann, Underworld, Chaos Pact rosters included.
No Inducements may be purchased as part of your starting roster.
All Inducements allowed (including Special Play Cards) and to be chosen at the start of each game. Petty Cash may be used for Inducements.
SPPs are earned according to the rulebook with the exception of the MVP which is chosen rather than awarded to a random player.
All skill rolls must be made immediately after the game in the presence of your opponent (+stats and doubles are allowed).
All purchases, journeymen, and skills must be selected after each game and before the start of the next round.
Any Ogre teams will be allowed to allocate ONE extra MVP to a player of their choice prior to the first game.
Remember especially the Petty Cash rules, which could be relevant at any point.

Points will be awarded as follows:
Win: 3 Points
Draw: 1 Point
Loss: 0 Points

Each round will be drawn according to the Swiss format with no reference to TDs, CAS or TV
If two or more coaches are tied for first place at the end of the final game (or indeed any places) then opponent score will be used to find final placings.

It is expected that you will be able to provide appropriate miniatures for any stars that you may induce (or at least proxies that distinguish them from regular team members)
It would be sensible to ensure you bring a good number of skill rings.
Starting Rosters will be required in advance of The ACC so that provision can be made for efficient printing of updated rosters in between rounds.
These should be emailed to robincaddy@hotmail.com as either excel files or just typed out clearly.

Venue, costs, and stuff...
See top of post!!!!

All this for just £22, if you are new to the NAF we will cover your first year membership
Paypal please as a gift with you paying the fee to robincaddy@hotmail.com

Prize support will come once again from the fabulous Tritex Games (hopefully)
We look forward to seeing you there - Blocknroll, Radster, Itchen Massack and Lemf

Style Progression
Cost £22

Tournament Location
The Hilt, Hiltingbury Recreation Ground
Hiltingbury Road, Chandler's Ford
Hampshire SO53 5NP

Paid:
1 Belafon M R
2 Apathetic R00ster (record wooden spoon holder) M R
3 Cyrus-Havoc M R
4 PurpleGoo (defending champ) R
5 DrDeath M R
6 Mubo (v) R
7 Itchen Massack (v) R
8 Camsbell MR
9 Besters R
10 Lycos (ever present double champ)
11 Manticore Rich M R
12 Crystal mcdoll M R
13 bobafettsmum M R
14 Gorgoroth R M
15 WWE2015 R M
16 Radster M R
17 Andy Davo R
18 Verbal HM R
19 Lunchmoney R M
20 Mr Frodo R M
21 Darkson (former champ) R
22 Moodygit R
23 Joemanji (former champ) R
24 vmcat M R
25 Russo M R
26 waddywoos R
27 waldorf28 R
28 Maverick R M
29 Sillysod (former winner)
30 scs.sam R M
31 Hawk R
32 landrover R

Interested/waiting list
32 JaskiIRL
33 eldritchfox
34 rybuckisretro
35 buggrit

Reason: ''
"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Albion Coast Cup XI Southampton 29th 30th August 2015

Post by lunchmoney »

Plus penultimate round in South West Tournament Championship.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

I'm in!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Put me on the interested list, won't know until a bit closer to the time.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JaskiIRL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JaskiIRL »

Very enjoyable venue. Interested

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

After hearing good things, I'm interested!

Anyone know how easy it is to get to the airport? Flights aren't too bad (although was still cheaper to fly to Brussels - go figure!)

Thanks for any help

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

airport not difficult at all, there's a railway station there and one in town, about 10 minutes apart and not expensive, on the line to london so even at odd times its about a 20 or 30 minutely service. there's also plenty of us locally who can help with lifts etc
cheers

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Cool, looked like that was the case but always best to get local knowledge!

besters

Post by besters »

interested - gotta do better than this year!

lemf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lemf »

And Me And Me

Cheers
Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

I'm interested but I suspect will be away as it's a bank holiday weekend. We'll see nearer the time.

Rubick
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rubick »

Will try and make the whole weekend next year, not just the one dayer.

eldritchfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eldritchfox »

Interested

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

I'm in of course

TFF mod team
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Moodygit's in, me not so likely now. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.