Gert Bowl IV - No Hope, 19-20 July 2014, Bristol

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

MunkeyKungFu
Star Player
Star Player

Gert Bowl IV - No Hope, 19-20 July 2014, Bristol

Post by MunkeyKungFu »

Screw GB 1-3 everyone knows the good stuff begins at 4!

Mark your diaries, make your excuses, block your calendars so you cannot double book (rubick)

GERT BOWL IS BACK TO PUNISH YOU AGAIN.

Now for the challenge. Gert bowl 3 came close to having all 24 races in attendance, but I want to try and get all 24 this time round.

---

VENUE:

Ratepayers Arms
Filton Sports and Leisure Centre
Elm Park
Filton
Bristol
BS34 7PS

Free parking, Wheelchair accessible. On site food and bar and space for around 100 gamers!

Bristol Vanguard is proud to present the return of Gert Bowl, our annual Blood Bowl tournament. The following pack will outline the event structure, rules, scoring, etc.

If after reading through this pack you have any queries about the event, then please have a look at our website, http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk or contact us at bristol.vanguard@yahoo.co.uk and one of our Events Team will try and provide you with the relevant info as quickly as possible!

TIMETABLE
Gertbowl will give you 6 gruelling games of frantic fast paced, blood thirsty Blood Bowl action split across 2 days, with plenty of drinking and recovery time in between.

DAY 1:
09:00 – 09:45: Registration
10:00 – 12:00: Game 1
12:15 – 13:30: Lunch
13:45 – 15:45: Game 2
16:00 – 18:00: Game 3
18:30: Close; Evening Drinks & Meal

DAY 2:
09:30 – 09:45: Registration
10:00 – 12:00: Game 4
12:00 – 12:45: Lunch
13:00 – 15:00: Game 5
15:15 – 17:15: Game 6
17:30: Awards & Close

Under 16’s will need to be accompanied by an appropriate adult throughout the event.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
1. Your painted team. All teams will need to be painted (minimum of 3 colours) and based. Non painted or based models / Teams will be subject to point deductions. Models should be an actual representation of what you are classing them as. I.e. a snotling cannot be used as a Black Orc.

2. Your Roster: you will need to bring 2 identically printed copies of your rosters. One you will keep and reference during the weekend and the second will needed to be handed in during registration. Please ensure that the handed in copy is clearly marked with your name, and both copies have your skill package and the distribution clearly distinguishable. Providing of incorrect or non identical rosters will be subject to point deductions.

3. A copy of the latest blood bowl competition rules (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... _Rules.pdf)

4. Dice (Block, D6, D8) and all appropriate templates

TEAM SELECTION:
1. Coaches will have a maximum of 1,200,000 in order to build their team and must consist of a minimum of 11 players. You must have 11 players from the starting roster of your race before you are allowed to buy a star player.

2. All teams may be used, including the 3 official-unofficial teams (Slaan, Chaos-pact & Underworld). Until approved by NAF, the Khorne team will not be allowed.

3. All models used should be numbered in accordance to their place on their roster.

4. Every team will receive 5 free fan factor. Further Fan Factor cannot be purchased.

5. Each coach will be able to select a skill pack to distribute to their team as highlighted in the skills selection section below.

SKILL SELECTION:
In addition to the TV120, each coach may select one of the below skill packs to add to their team which are active from game 1. As players gain no SPP during the tournament these are the only skills that may be applied to your team. Please make a note on each roster which skills package you have chosen and clearly highlight the skills that you have applied. No player may be given more than one skill except where specifically noted. No more than 3 of the same skill may be selected during this process.

Package A: 6 Normal Skill Rolls
You may give six players on your team one skill that they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll (excludes double rolls)

Package B: 4 Normal Skill Rolls +1 ‘10’ Skill Roll (+1MV or +1AV)
You may give one player on your team +1MV or +1 AV. You may also give four other players on your team one skill that they would normally obtain on a regular skill role (excludes double rolls).

Package C: 4 Normal Skill Rolls and 1 Double Roll
You may give one player on your team a skill they could obtain on a double skill roll. You may also give four other players on your team one skill that they would normally obtain on a regular skill role (excludes double rolls).

Package D: 2 Normal Skill Rolls and 2 Double Rolls
You may give two players on your team a skill they could obtain on a double skill roll. You may also give two other players on your team one skill that they would normally obtain on a regular skill role (excludes double rolls).

Package E: 2 Normal Skill Rolls and 1 Set of Normal/Double Skills
You may give one player two skills; one they could obtain on a normal skill roll plus one from a double skill roll. You may also give two other players on your team one skill that they would normally obtain on a regular skill roll (excludes double rolls).

Package F: 2 Sets of Normal/Double Skills
You may give two players two skills each; one that they could obtain on a normal skill roll plus one from a double skill roll.

INDUCEMENTS:
All inducements with the exception of cards and Wizards are permitted.

WEATHER:
All games will start with perfect bloodbowl weather. If changing weather is rolled on the kick off table, thenrRefer to the below table.

Dice Roll Outcome
2 Roll a D3: 1 - Sweltering heat, 2-3 – Very Sunny
3-11 Perfect Bloodbowl weather
12 Roll a D3: 1 – Blizzard, 2-3 – Pouring Rain

ILLEGAL PROCEDURES:
Illegal Procedures will not be called throughout the tournament. Keeping with sportsmanship bring the issue to the attention of the opposing player and ask them to move their marker to the correct place.

TIME LIMITS:
The 4 minute turn limit will not be specifically enforced throughout the tournament. There is however a strict 2 hour time limit for each game. Coaches will be given a 30 minute warning, followed by a 10 minute warning in which you will be asked to complete an even number of turns.

SCORING:
WIN - 15
DRAW - 5
LOSE - 1
CONCEED - -15

In the event of a coach conceding they will be deducted 15 points and the opposing coach will be awarded a WIN

Bonus Points will be awarded as follows:

Caused 1 more CAS than opponent - +1pts*
Caused 2 or more CAS than opponent - +3pts*
Lost by 1 TD - +2pts
Won by 2 TD - +2pts
Won by 3 TD or more - +5pts

* For the purpose of CAS calculations, only CAS caused by Block or Blitz actions count.

TIE BREAKERS:
In the event of a tie, the following order will be used.

1. Winning Percentage
2. Head to Head Record
3. Total TD plus Total CAS

AWARDS:

• Overall Winner*
• Runner Up*
• Highest TD*
• Highest CAS*
• Wooden Spoon
• Stunty Cup

* One award will be presented per coach
++ Most CAS caused against ST5+ models

Spot prizes will also be available throughout the weekend

TICKET PRICES:
Tickets will be priced at £20 for NAF registered members or £26 for non members. The additional cost for Non NAF members includes NAF registration and a set of NAF branded dice. Registered Bristol Vanguard members receive a 10% discount on tickets for this event

PAYMENT:
Please mark payments by ‘Gift’ to our PayPal account. The email address to send money to is bristol.vanguard@yahoo.co.uk. Please add a note informing us of all the relevant details, most importantly the name(s) of the entrants being paid for. If you are paying for a NAF registered Ticket please can you ensure that you include your NAF Membership Number & Registered Username.

For Bristol Vanguard members, please supply your Vanguard membership number and name.

Please note, tickets are non refundable but still are transferable to our other events if you have bought one and then unable to make it.

Every attendee of Gert Bowl will get 2 of these custom BUBBA Bear dice:

Paid 50 Spaces Available
1. Hawca
2. Hobnail (Replaces Sfisher)
3. DaPirana
4. Night wing
5. Loki
6. Angry Hobbit
7. Merrick
8. Besters
9. J_Bone
10. Buggrit
11. Gloworm
12. Cartercaine [NON NAF]
13. Canteloup
14. Charon
15. Dreamscreator [NON NAF]
16. Sann63
17. S_Dog
18. Ol'dirty
19. Hung
20. Gorgoroth
21. Lycos
22. Maverick
23. Cracol
24. Rubick
25. Smurf
26. Hairy Pete
27. VMCat
28. Hawk
29. Dionysian

Interested
lunchmoney
Nazgob
Hobnail
Hekdar
Tomclark
Tempest
Itchen Masack

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Get Bowl IV - No Hope, 19-20 July 2014, Bristol

Post by lunchmoney »

Yarp!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Get Bowl IV - No Hope, 19-20 July 2014, Bristol

Post by Hawk »

MunkeyKungFu wrote:Screw GB 1-3 everyone knows the good stuff begins at 4!

Mark your diaries, make your excuses, block your calendars so you cannot double book (rubick)

GERT BOWL IS BACK TO PUNISH YOU AGAIN.

More info to follow in time :-)

Get Bowl????

Is this a new one Liam? And where was I for the first 3? :lol:

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
MunkeyKungFu
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Gert Bowl IV - No Hope, 19-20 July 2014, Bristol

Post by MunkeyKungFu »

lol. Given your results probably a good thing you don't remember them :p

Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

MunkeyKungFu wrote:lol. Given your results probably a good thing you don't remember them :p
Tu shay sir! Next year I will get my revenge :evil: :pissed:

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
Cracol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cracol »

Count me in

"No guy with pride ever relied on no guide sucka!" Mr T
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I'll be there.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

4 IS the magic number ( the song got it wrong)

More Khemri goodness for me....just sort out the rule pack ( weather :evil: )

That's a "yes" from me BTW

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I'll be back 8)

No Stuntys for me this time, i want to play with the big boys and Glow :lol:

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Loki wrote:I'll be back 8)

No Stuntys for me this time, i want to play with the big boys and Glow :lol:
your not the 1st man to say that..... :puke:

MunkeyKungFu
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MunkeyKungFu »

I want to throw out the challenge. With the ability to host over 40 people I want to see at least 1 over every legal team represented :-)

Cracol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cracol »

MunkeyKungFu wrote:I want to throw out the challenge. With the ability to host over 40 people I want to see at least 1 over every legal team represented :-)
You better do a good rule set and scoring system then;)

"No guy with pride ever relied on no guide sucka!" Mr T
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'll put it on the calendar and hope nothing that take precedence comes up (and if I come, I'll bring a unique team).

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Dibs on Vamps

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Khemri for me....unless you have no Gobbo's then I could be persuaded! But I'd prefer Khemri!