Ribble Rumble (27th & 28th of July, 2013)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Ribble Rumble (27th & 28th of July, 2013)

Post by JT-Y »

From the guys in charge the the Rumble as a whole:
Welcome all, the Ribble Warriors are proud to announce the return of the Ribble Rumble for 2013.

For those that have been before we hope you will be back again, we also extend a warm welcome to all new comers :D

Now in our 3rd year since being reborn, we continue to build upon our past success and make the event even better.

This year we will be running 5 systems and will have access to more space at the venue, meaning we will be able to cater for more variety and gamers. We will be running the following game systems (No WHFB due to a clash with a large established event)

Warhammer 40K
Flames of War
Blood Bowl
Malifaux
Hordes & Warmachine

With the following improvements to name a few:

1. Even more New Gaming boards, dedicated 6x4 plywood and non that cloth stuff.
2. Even more new terrain will be built. A lot of you will of seen our terrain at various events over the course of 2012/2013, come see it in all its wonder set out in themed rows.
3. Improved communications with large posters displaying critical event information.
4. The Bar will be open this year so cheap drinks all round.
5. The canteen will be open for food at lunch or you can go to Subway or the Pub :)

But don't panic not all will be changing:

1. Still the same fun but competitive gaming atmosphere.
2. Same location.
3. Same dedication to supporting the Hobby side, lots of prizes.
4. Same great prize support; far superior trophies than either previous year.
5. Same after event social at the Adelphi Pub, food will be provided for those in attendance as per last year.

The event will be run on the weekend of July 27/28h 2013 at The Atrium in Preston, Lancs.

We want the Rumble to be foremost a fun and then competitive event but we all like nicely painted armies and players who behave themselves. Painting and sportsmanship scores will be included in the event result; but will be obtainable by everyone with a little effort. Please see the rules pack for full details.

The Ribble Warriors have our new forum up and running now (http://www.ribblewarrirors.co.uk) and we have a dedicated section for the Rumble Event, please come over the discuss anything that you want.

Tickets will be priced at £22 for the weekend, payment via PayPal to geoffhts at tiscali co uk (pm if you need help putting the dots in the correct places :) ).

Hope to see you later in the year,
Ribble Warriors.
And from me, BB STUFF:

Firstly, be warned that any tourney that involves my unique and specialized organisational skills will look to the casual observer very much like a Top Gear challenge.

Secondly, there are three hotels very close by:
Holiday Inn, Premier Inn (both a 5 min walk) and Preston International (more expensive, but on the doorstep).
Links to follow.

Thirdly, parking is ample, the venue is a 5 min walk from Preston train station and/or bus station.

Fourthly:

1. Competiton Rules pack (aka LRB6.0) + Chaos Pact, Slann & Underworld.
2. 1.1M GC teams.
3. 12/6/0 scoring +1 pt for TDs and Cas (up to a cap of +3 of each).
4. 4 normal and 2 double skills per team (you may take normal skills instead of doubles if you prefer).
5. A skill may only be taken twice (eg: Guard may be added to two Dorfs, but not 3). Skill stacking is not allowed (eg: a Dorf with Guard may not have another skill).
6. 1 skill can vetoed by you opponent at the start of each game.
7. All inducements allowed, including star players (teams must be 11 strong at least before including stars).

Finally, other stuff:

Details of spot prizes on the day.

All entrants will recieve a perfect bound printed copy of LRB6 in size A5 for free.

The venue is the same one as TS used to be held in when I was involved with that; the Atrium at UCLAN, but with the added bonus that the bar has been refurbished fully and has even better seating and lighting, so I think I'll be putting BB in the bar.
The evening venue is still The Adelphi pub where the AMAZING Sharon the landlady will look after us with BBQ and alcohol.

BB will be 6 rounds (4 Saturday, 2 Sunday).

All being well, we hope to be able to provide a Ribble Rumble 2013 pitch for the winner (and maybe some for sale, dunno yet).

Regarding paint and sports scores, everyone will get a flat score which can only be marked down by bringing bare metal (judged by me) or being a gigantic male chicken (if an opponent flees in tears, I'll mark you down). So don't fret about it impacting scores.

Any questions, please ask a responsible adult.

Cheers,
JT.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Ribble Rumble (27th & 28th of July, 2013)

Post by JT-Y »

Entrants List:

1. JT-Y [paid]
2. Ruthy [paid]
3. Smelly Wabbit [paid]
4. Mighty Thor [paid]
5. Robster55 [paid]
6. sdbop [paid]
7. Fire Olli [paid]
8. Valen [paid]
9. Sizzle [paid]
10. stick_with_poo_on_the_end [paid]
11. Shaniepoo
12. kevinomega
13. Charles Sims [paid]
14. Oly1987
15. Don_Vito [paid]
16. Dazed and Confused [paid]
17. Barney The Lurker [paid]
18. Brett McAllister [paid]

The first six names on that list ensure that this will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

I've allowed 16 for now, I don't think that over-ambitious, if there is more interest I can add more, space isn't an issue.
If anyone interested in attending can let me know that they are or that they've sent payment that'd be a big help as I can keep my own list and ensure it matches Geoff's.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I will be there buddy

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Good-oh. We may have to inspect the local lap-dancing establishments.

shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

£22 for only 5 games seams a big high but if im not on holiday that week then i should be able to make it on one condition... Im not playing Gav as he is a bully!

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

4 games is easy. Just have a "grab a sarnie" break as aposed to a Lunch break

Word to Your Mother.
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

I'll do 4 games Saturday, but I do also have to consider the venue and security (long story, not worth boring you with, but it'll make more sense when you see the venue), so if I start hurrying people to finish each round, I mean it !)

Price is fcuk all to do with me, but rest assured the venue hire is a big figure and prize support won't be an afterthought.
There will be Troll dice for every attendee included in price, but personally I have a much better idea of something you're all going to want for free 8)

edit: Shaniepoo, I promise not to draw you against anyone who might beat you up and steal your lunch money in round 1.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Also, NAF approval done.

Lower your expectations gents, it's going to be a farce.

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

JT-Y wrote:Lower your expectations gents, it's going to be a farce.
I'm in!

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Good boy !)

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

First post edited:

- It will be 6 rounds; 4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.
- We hope to have an FF Fields pitch made up for the winner. Maybe a few for sale as well.
- All entrants will recieve for free an A5 perfect bound copy of LRB6 which I've had printed up especially*. And very swank they look too.

*The cost of having these made has been donated from club funds, no payment is being recieved in return, and therefore no profit is being made on them. They are, quite simply, a nice, useful gift for Rumble attendees.

stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Hope to make this

Word to Your Mother.
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

Looks like we are looking to go on holiday in June now not July so sign me up 8)

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

I'll add your names to the list guys.
Please when you send payment to Geoff include NAF names and ID numbers so we can cross check my list and his. It is awkward not handling entries oneself.

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Im interested but will needs the missus' approval

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?