Ribble Rumble BIG UPDATE (August 2nd & 3rd Preston Lancs)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Ribble Rumble BIG UPDATE (August 2nd & 3rd Preston Lancs

Post by fire olli »

First game is about 9:30am. No your not missing anything, I couldn't find it either.

Reason: ''
dazlamb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dazlamb »

I am sure there was a pdf and I didn't just imagine it :-? , I was just popping on here to print it out.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Glad it wasn't just me...

Thanks for the charity attention Olli...

Look, I'm not an 'utter' noob, I'm one of those dirty 'Cyanide' coaches, I've played about 3000 games on that arse end of a client...

For the sake of the fact that I might turn up late, my roster:

Lizards:
6x Saurus
5x Skink
2x RR
Slibli

For the sake of keeping a small amount of secrets, my skill picks will be called on the day...

I am showing up, so don't let my opponent leave before I get a chance to roll any 'real' dice, I generally get upset if I can't finish a game in less than an hour...

Just understand I'll need a small amount of 'charity' turning up to this one, I'm out on a limb turning up when none of my 'close' friends are showing up?

Olli, you're on my hit list of people I need to follow around like I 'lost sheep' for the weekend....

Apologies in advance...

It'll be very odd for me to play this game sober, since I need to drive home each day, I'm used to playing blind drunk...

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Our Verbal is a rare and special treasure. Take care of him olli!

Sober AND re-rolls puts him in very new territory :p

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

rgr admin...

Setting off soon, over Burnley way, soon be down the M65.

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Thanks for a great event and thanks to all the guys and girls I played, 6 interesting games.

Congratulations to Dazlamb who was the overall winner, I believe he used Undead.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

You guys knew each other so well I have no idea who was who as the NAF NAmes vs Real names used got confusing?

Anyhow, enjoyed myself, will be looking out for more events in the north to try and catch a few of you again!

Hmmm, only 2 undad teams, one knocked himself out of a coffee table and missed teh 1st day, 2nd was my Game 6...

So, by my logic, Dazlamb won the event from me failing a 2+ roll T16 :lol:

dazlamb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dazlamb »

Thanks for that 1 Verbal_HM :orc:

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

The following is the standings for the 7 that played every game for the weekend.

1 - Boneyarders - Undead - dazlamb - 68 - 10-5 - 15-11
2 - Karak Wanderers - Dwarf - jt-y - 59 - 9-7 - 17-8
3 - I agree with gav - Dark Elf - Sizzler - 59 - 11-5 - 3-12
4 - I dont Farming know - Chaos Pact - Bazza - 48 - 8-7 - 11-14
5 - Warpstone Scuttlers - Skaven - Fireolli - 47 - 9-8 - 9-15
6 - The Lucky Touch - Lizardman - Verbal_HM - 45 - 7-7 - 10-18
7 - Munches Hopefuls - Human - Munch - 11 - 2-15 - 10-16

I played 5 games as I had lost any will to live by round six and Steve (Mighty_thor) turned up to fill in.

Stan and Ruthy played two games Sunday as Stan had "concussion" lol

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Valen, your NAF rank will have been kicked in the man sack for losing that game to me, sorry about that...

I'm kinda new to TT, but not new to the game? If that makes sense...

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Not the point of the thread guys.

Always nice to see new people turning up at tourneys, and I hope to be able to continue attracting more with or without the help of this forum.
And I hope to see Verbal_HM and his friends who couldn't make this weekend at some of the other tourneys we discussed over the weekend. Don't worry about the names,NAF and real names seem to be perfectly interchangeable with BB'ers, and if you find yourself struggling the ''Drunken Moron'' normally gets their attention and you can point at the desired undesirable.

In others news:
Stan is a massive ponce who drank some beer and slept for 24 straight hours.
Daz broke Score.
Munch scored a TD and the success nearly induced a nosebleed.
I came second with a swingeingly bent dorf team of such awesomeness that Gav used an identical roster and proved how washed up he is.

Ten players in all. not bad but could do better. A packed calendar at this time of year doesn't help and nor does a shockingly high injury rate amongst some of the regular offenders.
If BB is to continue at the Rumble (and I hope it does) I'm pushing fora more sensible date and for it not to flail wildly around and 8 week window from one year to the next.

Anyway, next year there is talk of introducing some one day tourneys and some new systems, like Stars Wars and Attack Wing, and numerous others I have no real clue about. So that may be something we can use.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Valen

Post by Valen »

Get used too it Jonathon, this site is harshly moderated lol

I am just glad you made it to a tournament first so you know we are not all like that lol

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JT-Y wrote: Don't worry about the names,NAF and real names seem to be perfectly interchangeable with BB'ers, and if you find yourself struggling the ''Drunken Moron'' normally gets their attention and you can point at the desired undesirable.
At a BB tourney if you are unsure of someone's name try calling them Dave. Seems about a 50/50 chance you'd be right :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

lunchmoney wrote:
JT-Y wrote: Don't worry about the names,NAF and real names seem to be perfectly interchangeable with BB'ers, and if you find yourself struggling the ''Drunken Moron'' normally gets their attention and you can point at the desired undesirable.
At a BB tourney if you are unsure of someone's name try calling them Dave. Seems about a 50/50 chance you'd be right :lol:
This would work with me!

Sorry I couldn't make it JT-Y. You know I'll be there next time.

(And I'll do my bit to prove Geordies aren't rubbish! Bad Stan!! ;) )

Valen

Post by Valen »

VERY bad Stan