Canadian Legacy Team

This sub-forum should be used for all Legacy team topics

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which race to do for the first Canadian Legacy Team?

Human
38%
Norse
50%
Other
12%

Total votes: 76

Eric R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eric R. »

cyagen wrote:They do not need to be huge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOI7KejIng

They just need to be beavers

:D
I prefer this ad, not much for modeling ideas . . . or is it ? ? ? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y09YOkVmGg0&NR=1

Reason: ''
[img]http://rubli.ca/Canadian_Open/IMG/CO_banner.gif[/img]
[url=http://rubli.ca/MapleLeafTournaments.php]Canadian Tournament Schedule[/url]
danchaput
Experienced
Experienced

Post by danchaput »

Is everyone ok with the final decision on team race/colours/etc etc being made at the Sweetbun.

http://rubli.ca/Golden-Sweetbun/
Eric R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Eric R. »

I usually gauge silence as agreement.

Not to mention, the Red & White seems fitting AND the poll is open to all which is very democratic. And, being Canadians, differences are always easily resolved wit the offer of a large Tim's or BEvERage. :D

[img]http://rubli.ca/Canadian_Open/IMG/CO_banner.gif[/img]
[url=http://rubli.ca/MapleLeafTournaments.php]Canadian Tournament Schedule[/url]
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

I'm OK with finalizing the team and colours at the Sweetbun.

Cramy
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Finalizing things at a tournament in Eastern Canada shuts out those coaches in western Canada who might want to participate. It gives the impression that you only want (or expect) participants from Ont. and Quebec. There are coaches from Alta. and BC here too, no need to alienate them. If you just want a legacy team with people you know, that's fine, but it's not a true Canadian legacy team, just a Canadian themed one.
Anyway, just my opinion, you can do things however you want.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Colin wrote:Finalizing things at a tournament in Eastern Canada shuts out those coaches in western Canada who might want to participate. It gives the impression that you only want (or expect) participants from Ont. and Quebec. There are coaches from Alta. and BC here too, no need to alienate them. If you just want a legacy team with people you know, that's fine, but it's not a true Canadian legacy team, just a Canadian themed one.
Anyway, just my opinion, you can do things however you want.
Problem is that there is no way to do this and not have it be inconvenient for somebody. If we do this online, then the coaches that don't use the forums will find it inconvenient. If we do this at a tournament, then it will be inconvenient to anybody who doesn't go (for whatever reason, distance or other).

But I don't see why anybody should be excluded. I really hope that all coaches across Canada participate. They can vote on-line. And if some people are not online from out west (or anywhere else for that matter), I'm sure that Dan can take their vote via other means. People who don't plan to attend the Canadian Open can mail-in their player before the Canadian Open. The draw can occur at the Canadian Open (that's as good as anything else IMO). If the winner is not present, the team can be mailed to him/her.

I'm sure that Dan will accomodate the people from out west.

Does this make sense to you Colin?

Cramy
danchaput
Experienced
Experienced

Post by danchaput »

Sorry Colin...never in my intention to alienate anyone. I was hopeing some coaches from out west would like to join in the fun. Personally I have not had the honour to play against anyone from out West. I have seen some figs posted from some of you and would like to get a chance to see them in person.
Who ever would win the team I will most certainly ship it to them if it needs to be.
Dan

http://rubli.ca/Golden-Sweetbun/
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

It's not like anyone is excluded from TBB. The online poll would seem to allow more people to participate.

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

Eric R. wrote:I usually gauge silence as agreement.
Or its indifference, I'm OK sort of with the colours being selected at the golden bun tourney as long as the colours that are selected are red white with black trim. Simple! Really is there any other choice? I think the national Hockey team Uniforms should be the inspiration/reference for this team. Just my opinion, but the right one! However, I want a say in the colours,( I just had one :P ) I think it should be internerd poll. If your not on the net or don't use the forums get with 1995 and join the rest of us.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Cramy wrote:
cyagen wrote:They do not need to be huge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqOI7KejIng

They just need to be beavers

:D
That was pretty funny.

Now somebody will need to find a beaver BB model ... :o
I'd be up for the conversion challenge! :D

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

I'm up for this as well. I like the idea of modeling ourselves as players and staff, but would also be fine if we don't take this approach.

Either Human or Norse would be fine with me.

We could also possibly do Dark Elves - doesn't their Warhammer/Blood Bowl homeland correspond to Newfoundland and Labrador?

Another option is Chaos since I think the Chaos Wastes correspond to the Canadian arctic. With Chaos, we could have beastmen based on Canadian animals such as moose, polar bears, beavers, Canada geese, squirrels, etc.

But personally I don't like the idea of D.Elves or Chaos as much as Human or Norse.

Regardless of which team we pick, I think there are tons of possibilities for conversions, even if we go with the idea of representing ourselves. For example, humans or norse could have a helmet with moose antlers or a beaver pelt with a big flat tail sticking out.

As for colours, red and white are the natural obvious choices. But somehow I can't get rid of the idea of red and black checkers like you'd see on a stereotypical lumberjack's jacket....

Mike

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

I can't get rid of the idea of red and black checkers like you'd see on a stereotypical lumberjack's jacket....
We should get rid of that idea from a painting point of view.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Blammaham wrote:
I can't get rid of the idea of red and black checkers like you'd see on a stereotypical lumberjack's jacket....
Errr, I agree. I have enough problems painting solid colours, don't make try to do checkers. ;)

Cramy
Eggball
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Eggball »

Blammaham wrote:
Quote:

Errr, I agree. I have enough problems painting solid colours, don't make try to do checkers.
Don't worry! It wasn't a serious suggestion for the paint scheme.

If we decide to go with snow on the bases, I have an easy recipe:
- baking soda (AKA sodium bicarbonate)
- white glue (like Weldbond)
- white paint

First add flock, gravel or whatever to base and paint to look like earth as usual. Now on to the snow part. Mix the above ingredients together until you have a thick paste. Apply to base in patches or all over depending on the look you're going for. Then sprinkle pure baking soda over the snow. Let it dry. Later you can add static grass if desired. Here's a link to a team of mine with snow on the bases:
viewtopic.php?t=18663&highlight=

Mike

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

As a veteran of legacy teams, I'd suggest the winner getting to base the entire team.

It adds uniformity when the players may not have very much...

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else