Kickstarter: Stitchpunk Fantasy Football Team

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Kickstarter: Stitchpunk Fantasy Football Team

Post by Tor Gaming »

EDIT:

The Kickstarter is now live and can be found here

Pics of the first three player types in model form:

First the team as a hole

Then the Linemen

The Guards

The Scoopers

END EDIT!

Hi all,

After checking with Darkson that it would be OK to post this, here goes!! (always good to ask first... Start right and all that!)

My name is Gavin and I run Tor Gaming. We produce the tabletop wargame Relics (http://www.torgaming.co.uk/rd/games/relics/) but I’m not going to talk about that game right now (not the forum for it ;-) )

I asked for permission to post about Relics – Armistice League (R:AL).

R:AL is to be a fantasy football game set in the world of Relics. It is still in early development stages but the rules will be available soon for those that want to try it out and get involved in shaping the game as we will be developing it in the open.

A little bit about the rules themselves: The game is not restricted to a grid on a board. It uses the wargames style movement, as in a model has a movement in inches and you use a tape measure to move them. The pitch you play on is a 2’ by 4’ playing area (although size is subject to change... as it’s still being developed).

The game uses an alternating activation system by the spending of ‘Coaching Points’, which is coupled with an active/reactive player status system – The active/reactive system works in that the active player actives and carries out actions with a model, the reactive player then tries to react to the active model by making a reaction test. This means you aren’t always guaranteed your model will react to what the active player has done and we hope this will go some way to simulate being caught on the back foot.

So, Coaching Points, what are they? They are points that can be spent to activate (or attempt to react) a model and do an action. Players have a limited number of the Coaching Points so have to think about how to spend them properly. However, first, the players need to try and ‘steal the initiative’ during the playbook phase of the turn and become the active player for that turn – This is handled using the Coaching Points too!

Stealing the initiative is done by betting some of your Coaching Points. All points bet are lost for that turn, and the player who bets the most is the active player. Being the active player is very important as obviously you don’t have to make reaction tests (well, unless you are being marked) so you can dictate the play for that turn by being the active player.

Although the game is early in development, the rules will be available very soon. But we are going to move forward with the model releases by releasing models for the first two teams (which will be the only teams in the rules to begin with – More to come!) via a Kickstarter. The two team are the Orcnar and the Britanans. Below you can see the first model of the Britanans and below that are a few pages of the concept sketches for both teams.

SKETCHES REMOVED AS PICS OF MODELS ADDED ABOVE.

This post is really just an introduction; let you all know what we have planned.

I really hope you like what you see here and you will keep an eye open for the Kickstarter if you want to get your hands on any of the models, whether for R:AL or any other fantasy football game.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask – I will try to answer as well as I can!

Thanks
Gavin – Tor Gaming.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Introducing "Relics - Armistice League"

Post by inkpwn »

This looks very 'me'. Can't wait for the Kickstarter. :)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Welcome aboard! Those orcs look awesome. Keen to see the kickstarter!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

I really like the relic stuff already so colour me interested!

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Been a big fan of Relics for a while now; the rules are simple and elegant, and the world itself is unique and very imaginative. Well worth a look for anyone who fancies something fun and diferent to the vast majority of wargames out there.

The idea of a fantasy football game that plays without a grid is, I think, another unique one, so I'll be watching with interest.

And the mini's look amazing. I look forward to getting hold of some to paint.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad the idea has some appeal to you!! Lets hope we can meet the expectations!

More news to come for when the rules can be tired out so you can provide feedback and help shape the game (if you want too) and when the KS is to start.

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey guys,

Bit of an update for you.

The KS looks to be kicking off this week. It will be for the Britanan team only at this time. This is mainly to make the project as streamlined as possible - Less work for the sculptor, lower target etc etc

This means we can turn the project round faster and be able to hit the main target sooner. Whilst I don't want to be presumptuous and assume we will hit the sort of funding that will allow for stretch goals, by streamlining the project to a single team, we can offer stretch goals at lower targets.

The other teams will follow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Cool, always like small and gribbly minis so looking forward to seeing the KS.

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Relics - Armistice League - Britanan Team now on Kickstarter

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey guys and girls!

The Kickstarter for the first team, the Britanan All-Stars is now life and ready for you to peruse and back if you fancy it!!

Britanan All-Stars Kickstarter Link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Look good! One minor issue, the premier league cup team would have an MSRP value of £150, not £130 - you're underselling your discount! Same for 2nd Div Cup.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Relics - Armistice League - Britanan Team now on Kicksta

Post by Tor Gaming »

Shteve0 wrote:Look good! One minor issue, the premier league cup team would have an MSRP value of £150, not £130 - you're underselling your discount! Same for 2nd Div Cup.
Argh, no matter how many times you check and double check!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Should be previewing a new sculpt tomorrow!

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey guys,

A bit of an update for you!

The R:AL, the leagues premier publication, has begun a series of Britanan All-Stars 'Player Career Statistic Cards' that show the player in action and their career stats. The first three are out already showing three famous Linemen from the All-Stars line up. You can find them as updates on the All-Stars kickstarter page.

Also, people have been asking about stretch goals. Because of this, I will be releasing details of the stretch goals later this weekend (didn't list them from the start as it seems presumptuous to do it before the target is hit but it seems people want to know...) but the first two are:

Stretch 1 - £6500 : 2 Runner sculpts (1 pack) included in the cost of both team size pledges
Stretch 2 - £7500 : 2 Brute sculpts (1 pack) included in the cost of both team size pledges

You can see sketches of the Runners and the Brutes in the image in the 'Breaking News' poster above.

Cheers
Gavin.

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Hey all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have put in place new shipping rates for backers in the EU. KS only allows one shipping rate to be applied to a reward.... But it's not fair that EU backers pay over the top on shipping.

As such, the shipping costs are as follows:

UK: Free

EU: Half the stated shipping on the reward you are choosing.

Outside the EU: The stated value on the reward you are choosing.

Cheers
Gavin.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hello mate

Are the stretch additional sculpts extra to the pledge levels, or do they replace purchased models?

Cheers!

PS Might be an idea to include the new sculpts on the KS front page - I was surprised to find them in the updates but not on the dashboard. Also, what are the figs to be cast in? I read through and didn't pick it up, apologies if that's due to my inability to read (it wouldn't be the first time). Finally, a change to this thread's header and a link to the KS campaign in the OP might help.

Love what you're doing, though I'm not on board as a backer (yet!). A size comparison in this forum with an identifiable model or base would encourage me a long way, if that's a workable option?

PPS How did my PS become so much longer and content-heavy than my original post?

Tor Gaming
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tor Gaming »

Shteve0 wrote:Hello mate

Are the stretch additional sculpts extra to the pledge levels, or do they replace purchased models?

Cheers!
If you mean the runners and the brutes, they are in addition to your team content. So the premier team will go from 15 models to 17 model then 19 models for no additional costs.
PS Might be an idea to include the new sculpts on the KS front page - I was surprised to find them in the updates but not on the dashboard. Also, what are the figs to be cast in? I read through and didn't pick it up, apologies if that's due to my inability to read (it wouldn't be the first time). Finally, a change to this thread's header and a link to the KS campaign in the OP might help.

Love what you're doing, though I'm not on board as a backer (yet!). A size comparison in this forum with an identifiable model or base would encourage me a long way, if that's a workable option?

PPS How did my PS become so much longer and content-heavy than my original post?
I have plans for all this, but got 'normal life' things to do this morning first!

We are using KS as it's meant to be used, which means not using it as a pre-order system for a product that is already produced! This is why it was lacking in sculpt images at the start. But it seems gamers expect to see a product almost 100% ready on the project so the sculptor has sculpted the main team models. You can see the linemen above and I will add the rest today at some point.

I don't have the models yet, but they should be in scale with the Britanan range from Relics, you can see the models here on 30mm bevelled bases: http://store.torgaming.co.uk/Britanan_Empire_s/1818.htm

They should be closest to the Troopers (without the hats) and the runners will be the same size as the dragoons (without the tall hat again). I hope that helps.