DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Re: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

Post by stanrichardson »

They are backer made mvps from the kickstarter.

3 People paid a shed load to design their own mvps and get the written into the game

Reason: ''
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

I thought they were backer designed, but I could not remember the details. Thanks for the reminder.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Yep they are Kickstarter backed MVPs - http://www.beastsofwar.com/dreadball/st ... -mvp-pack/

Also I keep seeing comments (including one on that link) claiming the faces are caricatures of the Kickstarters who came up with them? (if that's the case, I bet Drake must feel insulted :lol: )

BTW does anyone know if the rules for them will be made public because the models are up for pre-order on the Mantic site?

Talarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Talarius »

worthy wrote:Yep they are Kickstarter backed MVPs -
Also I keep seeing comments claiming the faces are caricatures of the Kickstarters who came up with them? (if that's the case, I bet Drake must feel insulted :lol: )

BTW does anyone know if the rules for them will be made public because the models are up for pre-order on the Mantic site?
The rules have already been made available to Kickstarter backers. They are on Wargame Vault, although I do not know if they are available to the general public or not. The character Drake is based on a backer's young son, so I don't think he's insulted. It's supposed to be look like a kid, not an adult.

Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

About the size difference mentioned a few pages back, the Orx is actually the same size as the blood bowl boxed set black orc, slighty taller, smaller head. So I guess you can add the greenskins to dwarfs and rats as models who can play blood bowl. :)

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Talarius wrote: The rules have already been made available to Kickstarter backers. They are on Wargame Vault, although I do not know if they are available to the general public or not.
That's what I was wondering because they are being sold to the general public on the Mantic site, but the rules are available to kickstart backers only?
The character Drake is based on a backer's young son, so I don't think he's insulted. It's supposed to be look like a kid, not an adult.
I didn't know that. He sounds like an awesome dad and what a way to get your kid into the hobby.

BTW I was just joking with the "Drake will be insulted comment" and the description does say "Hologram kid riding a mechanical dinosaur", so all the negative comments regarding that sculpt are missing the point that it's a hologram, not a human.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

Sorry for the double post, someone posted this, whilst I posted my previous post:
Overhamsteren wrote:About the size difference mentioned a few pages back, the Orx is actually the same size as the blood bowl boxed set black orc, slighty taller, smaller head. So I guess you can add the greenskins to dwarfs and rats as models who can play blood bowl. :)
Thanks, I posted that prior to buying Kick-off and I found out the scale difference the hardway. I am loving Dreadball though and I have decided to glue them to hex bases (because Kick-off doesn't have the Mantic ones), so I am keeping BB and DB separate at the moment.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

The Veteran striker 5, 4+, 3, 4+, 5+ 12mc Grizzled, Duck & Weave, Quick Recovery

Thunder Chris jack 6, 4+, 4+, 3+, 4+ 12mc Grizzled, Even the Odds, 360 Vision, Threatening

Drake gaurd 5, 3+, 4+, 5+, 4+ 12mc Can't Feel a Thing, Quick Recovery, Really Lucky, Steady

javascrybe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by javascrybe »

Love The Veteran.

worthy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by worthy »

According to the bottom part of this article: http://manticblog.com/2014/01/17/zees-t ... to-try-us/ the rules for them new MVP's will be in the Azure Forest pack.

BTW reading that article has brought back painful memories of playing against a Snotling team with the old Blood Bowl compendium 'multiply' rule and my poor human team getting out numbered by 30 Snotlings :lol:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dreadball goes digital: http://manticblog.com/2014/01/17/welcom ... dreadball/

Do I need them? No. Will I get them. Probably - easier than lugging 3 (soon to be 4) rule books around.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

+1 My thoughts exactly.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So for MVP's and the forest set, I am £0.02 off free shipping...

What is the cheapest thing on the site!

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Dreadball decal sheet or 10 hex bases are both 1.50 pounds. Cheapest I see.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Extreme live on KS and almost doubled the goal in under 6(?)hours!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... all-xtreme

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.