New "bowl" box by years end AKA Dreadball

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Lard »

Games seems to have 8 players per team. Models are really nice, but to futuristic for BB.

pics from kickstarter site

Reason: ''
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Pretty impressive Kickstarter already. It's only been couple of hours and it's upto $20,667 with the target at 20k

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
mathias
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mathias »

I pledged now will watch with baited breathe to see what stretch goals they have.

Black orcs crack under pressure!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Guess I'll have to ask my Us based people ( :wink: ) to make a pledge for me.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Kypt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kypt »

I love the models and am curious about the game. Will probably pony up the $100 to check it out but I'm waiting for next paycheck. According to http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 72000.page the $100 stretch and above will be the ones to get all freebies that get thrown in.

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Hi guys, Mantic here, it's great to hear your comments about the game. We honestly do take everything into account, and a Kickstarter is a perfect platform for launching new ideas, so let me know what you think as we power through the stretch goals, there's so much more to come. Thanks to those who have pledged already.

Darkson - you don't have to be US-based to pledge - payments are taken through Amazon and you can pledge from anywhere.

Thanks

Stew

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi Stew, welcome to the forums.

To echo others here, it's a great shame there's not more variety in the miniatures. That said, I'm aware there's a balance to be found between customisation and out of the box playability.

Good luck, but as I said above, I'll be a "wait and see" on this one. If you come up with a decent, fully dressed female team I can cut up and customise though, I'll be throwing my money at you

PS assume your avatar is a hint at future plans?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
mathias
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mathias »

Hi Stew really looking forward to Dreadball, any chance of a brief explanation of how the game works? I believe his avatar is a concept for star player, am I right?

Black orcs crack under pressure!
Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Hi Shteve, thanks for the welcome!

Variety - look out for the next stretch goal - it's something we wanted in the game too, but you're right, the board game market prefer playability. However, we have designed some alternate poses, and with a little extra funding we can get these into the box :) .

Female Team - great minds and all that... just keep watching...

My avatar - Yep, future star player - possibly my favourite concept for this game so far. He's not sculpted yet, but when we get far enough to have him produced, everyone at $100 and up will get him free!

mathias - Probably a bit much for me to explain, but in brief - If you have a look at the board on the project page this will make more sense. Each team must try to get into one of the opponent's strike zones (the coloured areas), and throw the ball into the strike hex (the goal) to score. The different zones are worth different amounts of points. There are a variety of different actions that each player can do, and the tactics of the game come from deciding on which actions to use at which time, and the best order to do them in. If you set things up right and roll well enough, you can create chain reactions. The rules are simple enough once you've learnt them, but it's very tactical.

We will be posting a gameplay video very soon which will go into a bit more detail about how the dice rolls etc work, so look out for that. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Stew wrote:Darkson - you don't have to be US-based to pledge - payments are taken through Amazon and you can pledge from anywhere.
Not if you don't have a credit card (damn the lack of a PayPal option), so I'll use the guys I know that I can send the funds to who will pledge on my behalf.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
cudasquarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cudasquarius »

Stew

Welcome

Cheers

Tom
Cymbeline Games

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Couldn't wait six months? I have p+ssed all my money away on Sedition Wars, urban underachievers, reaper bones and Apes (well maybe not on apes and urban achievers they were necessary) and the cupboard is now bare for a while. Damn

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

The board and miniatures look great. Will the game use special dice or standard dice(just saw the standard d6s. Will you be doing special dice for the game)? Will you guys be posting the rules before the Kickstarter ends?

Cheers,
Robert

Kypt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kypt »

Looking at the other posts he's done in other forums it seems it's all done w/ regular dice. So there will be no "block dice" of any kind, only d6

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

I was thinking more along the lines of the dice that were done for other Kickstarter games like Sedition Wars or Zombicide where they have details/logos/symbols replacing the 1 and/or 6.

Cheers,
Robert