New "bowl" box by years end AKA Dreadball

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New "bowl" box by years end

Post by juergen »

Lighting it with LED's would be cool - already have some ideas :)

I guess power wise it would be better to use blue led's, white draws more power. Lighting the minis - awsome idea :orc:

Reason: ''
Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Chris wrote: Others reckon a normal lightbox with the coloured acrlyic over the top. While I can see the simplicity is it the best solution?
Can you provide an URL, would be intrested in it.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
mudster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mudster »

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Bases with blue LED's. That could be your intelligent shade team.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

they have expalin the game sistem with d6, only no block dice :(

orx and humans have 5 movement (psuedodwarfs 4 and pseudoskavens 6 xD) , the stats are strenght, speed, skill, and armor

St for blocking
Sp for dodge and running
skill for ballhanding
armour as resistence against injuries

3 roles ...
Guards --> smashers, blockers, unables to ballhand
Jacks --> regular player
Striker --> quaterback, unables to block

7 turns (rush) for every team, 5 action every rush ... 2 action max for a player in a rush. some actions with a good dice result can give free actions
action u dont use can be turn into special move cards for incoming rushes

diferent score zones, when any player scores another ball turn up, so its seems really fast to play

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Chris wrote:Personally I hope it is very successful - why? The system from what I have read is a fun and above all short game. I reckon it will interest casual gamers more than bloodbowl which is a bit heavy.

And finally we have an entire cottage industry in making 'x'ball models. If this takes off I would hope Impact, Greebo, Neomics etc could make a few $'s on the back of it releasing the types of Sci Fi teams they may not make (so shades of blue, robots, paralympians, etc).
To support Chris view I would like to give an example: this Slaan team from Green dog figurines will work great in the dreadball setting, as they do in Blood Bowl.

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

Gonna agree with the above. If DB takes off miniature manufactures stand to make a profit out of it by making other teams for DB. Which in turn could lead the players looking for other teams to discover Blood Bowl or even Elfball. This could be a win if done right.

(I am a glass is full kind of thinker 50% water 50% air).

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

tzoscey wrote:3 roles ...
Guards --> smashers, blockers, unables to ballhand
Jacks --> regular player
Striker --> quaterback, unables to block
I've read that Guards, with the League rules, can eventually get a skill to be able to pick up the ball and throw it away (a sort of hail mary pass anywhere on the field, scattering 2 hexs from the targeted hex).
My question is: can Strikers acquire a skill to be able to block with the League rules?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Shteve0 »

Pics from Curis (one of our newest members!) show a human/forgefather comparison. The latter are BIG.

viewtopic.php?p=652087#p652087

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
mathias
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mathias »

Guards can be upgraded to keepers which lets them hoof it up field. Mantic have just put up concept work for an all female corporation team who look pretty good, not an oversized bosom in site and actually look like their going to actually play a game.

Black orcs crack under pressure!
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

mathias wrote:Guards can be upgraded to keepers which lets them hoof it up field. Mantic have just put up concept work for an all female corporation team who look pretty good, not an oversized bosom in site and actually look like their going to actually play a game.
Yes, keepers, right! I forgot the word.
Can strikers be upgraded too?
Strikers unable to block at all sound wrong to me. :(

Borzag
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Borzag »

MattDakka wrote:
mathias wrote:Guards can be upgraded to keepers which lets them hoof it up field. Mantic have just put up concept work for an all female corporation team who look pretty good, not an oversized bosom in site and actually look like their going to actually play a game.
Think of them as football (or *shudder* soccer) Strikers. You know, the fancy boys who run around juggling the ball & hogging all the credit. The ones who fall over if they so much as stub a toe. You think they're gonna sack up & hit someone?

(You can just sort of tell that I'm a Keeper and the son of a Keeper huh?)

I can builds stuff!
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Borzag wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Think of them as football (or *shudder* soccer) Strikers. You know, the fancy boys who run around juggling the ball & hogging all the credit. The ones who fall over if they so much as stub a toe. You think they're gonna sack up & hit someone?

(You can just sort of tell that I'm a Keeper and the son of a Keeper huh?)
I know, but football-soccer, unlike Dreadball, is not a contact sports.
From a game named Dreadball I expected everybody could block a bit (of course Guards should be the best blockers, the Strikers the weakest ones, the Jacks in the middle).

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Nr.88 is just $2,000 away, and the next reward should be a female team (I guess if we reach $170,000).

Nr88:

Female player sketch:

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Just joined I'm loving the proyect!