New "bowl" box by years end AKA Dreadball

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Mephisto »

As for rules and other stuff, it has been posted before by sann0638, but if you want to find out how the games works, you should visit this blog:

http://quirkworthy.com/

Reason: ''
Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

@txapo - thanks for pledging!

To everyone wanting more rules information, the video has been shot and will be up on the site shortly :).

And... Number 88 is in!

Thanks to all the feedback, the female team is up next, for just $20 a team. What do we all think?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Shteve0 »

If you get the female team, you may have my money - however, I'll need to weigh up how many figs I'll be looking for vs outlay, and how many different poses I can get out of them.

Sketch looks fab - cheers! (my vote for head B by the way)

S

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New

Post by Mephisto »

Shteve0 wrote:If you get the female team, you may have my money - however, I'll need to weigh up how many figs I'll be looking for vs outlay, and how many different poses I can get out of them.

Sketch looks fab - cheers! (my vote for head B)

S
The problem I see is that by pledging for stiker! you only get 2 female figures, not the whole team :-? :-? :-? :-?

cudasquarius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cudasquarius »

Mephisto wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:If you get the female team, you may have my money - however, I'll need to weigh up how many figs I'll be looking for vs outlay, and how many different poses I can get out of them.

Sketch looks fab - cheers! (my vote for head B)

S
The problem I see is that by pledging for stiker! you only get 2 female figures, not the whole team :-? :-? :-? :-?
If you bought the Female team the two players would make up the team ;) but there is a limit to what they can put in the Striker deal 2-3 Star players to add and additional players from new teams.

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

Mephisto wrote:The problem I see is that by pledging for stiker! you only get 2 female figures, not the whole team :-? :-? :-? :-?
Like cudasquarius said, there's a limit to what we can add in for free, considering that we need to raise the money for a whole new mould to make the team. However, there are 5 reasons why having two players is useful:

1: You get a sample of the new models, and who doesn't like free stuff?
2: If you buy the female team, you will instantly have two extra players.
3: You can use them in your regular Corporation team for a bit of variety.
4: You can use them as "Free Agents" - basically extra players that you get to help your team when you're the underdog in a league - you might add a human Striker to a Forge Father team for a little extra speed for example.
5: Keep watching the Kickstarter - we've got plans for an alternate version of the game that will allow you to mix and match and use everything in your collection. We just need to get far enough ;)

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

A question, as teams develop is there different and interesting skill paths for them? It would be good if two different 10 game human teams could end up having a different playstyle due to skill picks. I know a big criticism of lrb5+ is that there are certain builds that are so much stronger so teams end up looking the same.

Dreadball could be a good way to test new races for Warpath, you only need 3-5 different sculpts for each team and since it is for a sports game you can always change the outfits when they are made into an army.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Stew wrote:
Mephisto wrote:The problem I see is that by pledging for stiker! you only get 2 female figures, not the whole team :-? :-? :-? :-?
Like cudasquarius said, there's a limit to what we can add in for free, considering that we need to raise the money for a whole new mould to make the team. However, there are 5 reasons why having two players is useful:

1: You get a sample of the new models, and who doesn't like free stuff?
2: If you buy the female team, you will instantly have two extra players.
3: You can use them in your regular Corporation team for a bit of variety.
4: You can use them as "Free Agents" - basically extra players that you get to help your team when you're the underdog in a league - you might add a human Striker to a Forge Father team for a little extra speed for example.
5: Keep watching the Kickstarter - we've got plans for an alternate version of the game that will allow you to mix and match and use everything in your collection. We just need to get far enough ;)
I understand the economic reasons. But my question is more: why not have different ranges? It is 15,000 for a MVP, but you could put 35,000 for a team? Perhaps this would make more people to pledge.

Additionally, what I think could improve the support is to have the list with future rewards. If people see all the stuff they can get for free if you achieve a certain amount, you will get a lot more people, especially all those that have their doubts. It is just a suggestion, but I think it could really work. A lot of people here and in the Spanish Forum are not contributing, because "that what you get is not still enough for paying it off". Just a suggestion... :wink:

Even those who have already pledged, could be pledging more if they see that what is coming is great...

Stew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stew »

spubbbba wrote:A question, as teams develop is there different and interesting skill paths for them? It would be good if two different 10 game human teams could end up having a different playstyle due to skill picks. I know a big criticism of lrb5+ is that there are certain builds that are so much stronger so teams end up looking the same.
Great question :).

There are most certainly enough skills to make each team different, and because they are rolled on a table, different players will end up with different skills and will then play a different role in your team.

You also have the option of sacrificing your coaching dice (special dice that you can add to your roles during a game) to role on an advanced skill table as well.

In my experience of playing the game, even two teams with exactly the same stats can play very differently depending on your style - you can make an opening and try to run for the strike zone every turn, or you can play a slower game and use your actions to keep your opponent away from the ball instead. Either works equally well.

The basic statline is deceptively simple when you look at the huge number of different ways that the game can be played.

Hope that helps.

@ Mephisto - thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I can assure you that we are constantly looking at the value, and there is plenty more free stuff to come as we carry on - we will eventually reach everyone's tipping point ;).

The reason that we don't put lots of goals out at once is because we are so intent on taking feedback from our community - we don't want to set something in stone and then realise that our backers would prefer something else - we take on board every comment that we hear and use that to plan the future. That's why we are now seeing the female team - we had some different goals planned here, but have decided to switch things around to give people what they want :).

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Stew wrote:@ Mephisto - thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I can assure you that we are constantly looking at the value, and there is plenty more free stuff to come as we carry on - we will eventually reach everyone's tipping point ;).

The reason that we don't put lots of goals out at once is because we are so intent on taking feedback from our community - we don't want to set something in stone and then realise that our backers would prefer something else - we take on board every comment that we hear and use that to plan the future. That's why we are now seeing the female team - we had some different goals planned here, but have decided to switch things around to give people what they want :).
At least you should perhaps consider putting two stretch goals rather than only one, or at least put the quantity of the next reward (so that people know there is something more coming and how much it is still required). I am always worried that nothing more is coming...

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

You could consider doing somehing similar to what Reaper did with their Bones Kickstarter. The stretch goals were marked, but were not uncovered (so you did not know what you would get, only that you would get something more).

- Piousman

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Piousman wrote:You could consider doing somehing similar to what Reaper did with their Bones Kickstarter. The stretch goals were marked, but were not uncovered (so you did not know what you would get, only that you would get something more).

- Piousman
+1

And you know what a success it was.

I would like to know what the other two MVPs were.

One is probably Buzzcut, which would nice to have as a reward.

But the other one, looks more interesting. Who could that be.

By the way, another suggestion: Besides improving a little bit the website (at least the menu, it looks really poor), I think it would be great to have a forum, where you could collect all the feedback. It would be also an interesting tool to see where people come from, so that the organization of future leagues might be easier.

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

New "bowl" box by years end

Post by Dwarven Allstar »

Borzag wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
mathias wrote:Guards can be upgraded to keepers which lets them hoof it up field. Mantic have just put up concept work for an all female corporation team who look pretty good, not an oversized bosom in site and actually look like their going to actually play a game.
Yes, keepers, right! I forgot the word.
Can strikers be upgraded too?
Strikers unable to block at all sound wrong to me. :(
Think of them as football (or *shudder* soccer) Strikers. You know, the fancy boys who run around juggling the ball & hogging all the credit. The ones who fall over if they so much as stub a toe. You think they're gonna sack up & hit someone?

(You can just sort of tell that I'm a Keeper and the son of a Keeper huh?)
I'm a goal keeper and we get the dirty end of the stick as if we save every shot and play like our lives depended on it and a striker mid hits a ball and goes in the net from three yards.... Who gets the credit.... Bitter me.... Never.

Not sure if the wife would let me have another crack at the kick starter for a while. I have enough minis to shake a large stick at

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

I would like Alternatively Posed Players for the dwarves and rats . I think it is better to do 4 teams "all the way" then to have many teams with few poses. Alot of MVP:s could also make up for that as they are "alternativ" miniatures of their chosen race.

I would also like to see a bump up to 12 players for the dwarves and rats as well.

But most of all would I like to see a gameplay video asap.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Lard wrote:(...) But most of all would I like to see a gameplay video asap.
+1 on that.