New Free Game Rules For Testing

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

scotthabanero
Rookie
Rookie

New Free Game Rules For Testing

Post by scotthabanero »

Hi folks! I've written a simple fantasy football game and want some people to do a closed beta playtest. You only need a few minis and it takes about an hour.
I don't know how to share stuff in forums, but if you want to have a go drop me a message with your email and i'll send you a copy of the PDF rules (no fluff at the moment until i get the rules right - form follows function!)

Reason: ''
Remain indoors.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: New Free Game Rules For Testing

Post by Regash »

I'm not going to give my e-mail to someone I don't know.
No offense, but I've got spam enough already.

If you just posted the URL (to be found in the adress line up top on your browser window) as text in one of your posts, the forum will convert it into a link automatically.
People who are interested can download the PDF all by themselves.

You could even, if the PDF isn't to big, attach it to your post.
Right under the window you're using to type a message, there is a section for attaching files to posts.

scotthabanero
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scotthabanero »

Thanks, didn't know there was an attach button :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Remain indoors.
scotthabanero
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scotthabanero »

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded or messaged so far. I'm happy for any brutally honest comments and won't be offended, honest :D

I have a warfare game too and am thinking of using the turn sequence from that, which is:

1: Player 1 moves any models they want to, then player two moves.
2: Player who made the least moves attacks, then the player who made the most moves.
3: Player 2 moves, player 1 moves
4: Repeat step 2
5: Return to step 1

It's works well in the warfare game and enables more tactical drives to form. Any thoughts?

Remain indoors.
scotthabanero
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scotthabanero »

So 14 downloads, anyone have any feedback yet?
I'm thinking that the pitch is a bit small with the whole team moving in one go. Maybe a bit more work needed on the movement mechanic.
Also i'm thinking it might be better as a street/dungeon fight game.

Remain indoors.
magokiron
Rookie
Rookie

Post by magokiron »

Hi scotthabanero.

I just saw your rules and they seem interesting.

Is diagonal movement allowed?

5 players give more a "basquetball" than a "football" vibe. Have you considered some modifications to score with a throw? You can rule that an "endzone basquet" is worth 2 points and a throw 1 zone away is worth 3 points (-1 to the throw), or something like that.

I understand d6 is somehow a default, but as your rules do not show any difference to positionals except for a couple of skills, some granulity may be desired. You can obtain that with a d8, or even a d12.

Loosing skills may seem like a good idea, BUT increases the "book-keeping" to remember who has lost what. Maybe is worth simplifying the attack results to something more in the line of Blood Bowl, i.e. "down", stunned", "out".

Just some of my thought from a first reading.

Thank you for sharing your rules.

Best wishes.

Blood for the Blood Bowl God