scrumbrawl?

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

scrumbrawl?

Post by bouncergriim »

What are your thoughts on this

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/87141/scrumbrawl

Look interesting, but no sold on the cardboard cutouts for "miniatures". Wish I had $40 to throw at it and see, but not willing to take that gamble right now when there are so many good minis out there I want to buy and not enough people around me to play the games I already play.

Reason: ''
Nestyr
Experienced
Experienced

Re: scrumbrawl?

Post by Nestyr »

bouncergriim wrote:What are your thoughts on this

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/87141/scrumbrawl

Look interesting, but no sold on the cardboard cutouts for "miniatures". Wish I had $40 to throw at it and see, but not willing to take that gamble right now when there are so many good minis out there I want to buy and not enough people around me to play the games I already play.
Hi,

Looks to be more of a card game than a board game. No doubt it's lots of fun, but I tend to agree with you in that there are other things I would rather chance my dollars on...

Cheers,

Nestyr

"Icepelt cannot be my hero, but I wish Games Workshop could".
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: scrumbrawl?

Post by bouncergriim »

Got a chance to try it. It is a game you will either HATE or LOVE. It is pure unadulterated Chaos. Both players draw from the same deck and thus have access to the same cards, but there is only one of each creature in the deck. The ball and goal/portal are placed randomly on the field (roll 2 d 20s, the board is 20x20). Also creatures are summoned in the same way, randomly placed.

There are enchantments and instant events, also alter reality cards. The alter reality cards are the easiest to explain: they have a number on them and let you modify any die roll (by you or opponent) up or down a value equal to or less than the number on them.

Enchantments come in two varieties: Team and creature. You can use as many team enchanments as you want, but only one creature enchantment can be on a creature at a time.

You need to get 3 points to win the game. Points are scored by putting the ball in the portal or killing 3 opposing creatures. You must score at least once with the ball to win (cannot get all three points through kills).

Pretty much everything, aside from movement is a dice roll in this game. There is a small amount of strategy, but mostly it is both luck of the draw (Cards) or luck of the dice.

A blast if you are looking for pure chaos, beer and pretzel game. This is a light game that will frustrate hardcore strategy gamers, but IMHO Viva Amerotrash dice fest games!